18 September, Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 September, Monday

Guess I'll start our Monday thread - those "abbers" are way ahead of us! It's a new week - crisp and cool here...47 degrees this morning. Time to haul out the fall clothes. I'm ready I think. Starting anew this morning. Just counted out all my supps for the week and will be starting the topa again today. I guess when you fall off the horse the best thing to do is climb back on - I refuse! to give up. Everyone have a great day...
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

18 September, Monday

Good beautiful Morning!
    it's going to be a great day! took my supps/topa too Trish! Took just a quick 30 min walk--but hey, that counts...not quite as cool here, but nice.
    Rachele---PLEASE let us know how you're doing...that effect does not happen to me on topa, but it does make my nose run.
    Mkr--I'm thinking of you and hope you're doing well with your parents...check in when you get a chance.
    Love all of you so much, you know that...
    sm-mary

Comment

18 September, Monday

Still no period:upset:

Okay, my youngest child will be six next month. I really, really do not want another child. I know it's only six days late but I can't help but have visions of being pregnant and EVERYTHING that goes with having another baby! Alright, I've had three children, what's one more, right?:H

I think the 100mg of topa just might be the ticket to helping me not only with getting a better handle on my cravings for having a drink but also helping me with my appetite.

I ordered my topamax from a new place this time around because it was cheaper. Bambs had suggested it in one of her threads and it was so much cheaper that I thought I would try it.

They seem to be giving me a little of the run around and in one of their correspondances said it would take three weeks for my order to arrive! It seemed they were trying to get me to place a duplicate order before the first order went through. I was patient and decided if it didn't get resolved I would place my order with the company I've used before. Wouldn't you know it, the order went through.

Would you ladies be kind enough to share with me where you order your topamax online (if you do). It's not that I didn't like the first place, it was just double the price of the second place.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

18 September, Monday

Hello lovelies
        Hope everyone is well!
        Rachele - Keep us updated on what is going on with you, sweety. As for the topa thing, I have not ordered topa online. I was lucky enough that I found a doctor understanding enough to FINALLY prescribe me topa so I cant help ya with recommending a site unfortunately....have you tried going to a doc? It might help especially if you have some sort of medical plan to cover some of the costs? Just a thought
        Trish - good stuff on getting back on track. We can never give up. We are all works in progress. The important thing is that we stick around and KEEP WORKING AT IT!!!
        Hi beautiful sm Mary - how are ya? you sound very positive this morning. I hope that you feeling positive as well - we love you too!
        I'm sorry I am not addressing EVERYONE personally - just people who have posted this morning so far....gotta get back to work! Will post back later!
        Visited my mom this weekend. I'm so proud of her. She seems so strong. She says she is learning so much and I feel like she is changing right before my eyes. I can't even tell you guys how proud I am of her. I love her so much. That's all I can say right now about it....
        Love all
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

18 September, Monday

Oh Rachele, you are late enough now that a PG test would tell you the truth. Won't you go get one today? It is has got to be so unlikely since you said your hubby has been snipped and perhaps it will ease your mind. If you are, well then that child must really want to be here!

Feeling optimistic about going AF until Thursday. I have no wine in the house to tempt me and I just feel polluted after my weekend. So there, I have said it.

Look forward to hearing from all you other ladies/muffins. Have a great Monday!!!

Jenn, just saw your thread. I am so happy your mom is doing well. Takes a lot of courage for her to be there........
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

18 September, Monday

Jen,

That's great news about your Mom She is very fortunate to have such a caring daughter.

In my earlier post I said that my husband has had a vasectomy. That was six years ago, so the probability of me actually being pregnant is not very good. But I'm really never this late

Oh, and By the way, Jen, .........I have really good insurance but I am a coward and don't want to go to the doctor about my little problem:blush:
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

18 September, Monday

Hi again

Hi Rachele
              Remember that being late can be attributed to lots of things - like stress, hormonal stuff, NEW MEDICATIONS etc. - perhaps the topa has thrown you off - who knows?
              Would you want to get a PG test? How long have you been stressing?
              I can tell you this - and I dont want to get your hopes UP either (or whatever) - I was just late by about a week myself - dont know why - started to worry - and just had my time of the month. Why? No clue. Could it be topa? No clue. Just sayin'....oh and Rachele you could always say that you need the topa for bad migraines to your doctor if you are embarassed???
              Hey Luscious - I am trying for AF this week Mon to Thursday too. Let's try together ok? Oh boy. This will be my first time trying AF Mon to Thursday in as long as I can remember (HOW SAD IS THAT!!?) but WE CAN DO THIS!
              Hugs
              Jen:l

Comment

18 September, Monday

OKay Jen, I will do it if you do it. It will be a first for me as well. I have made it M-W but Thursdays are what I consider to be the beginning of the weekend. So let's do it!!! I wish I was more excited about it!

Comment

18 September, Monday

Flying by this morning to say Hey..I've been out of town all weekend..doing well. I read over some of the post from this weekend earlier this morning but have no time to 'chat'! Thanks for the encouraging comments regarding my artwork..makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside..it's nice to share!

I'll catch up when I catch up!

Take care all!
                  di

Comment

18 September, Monday

Ok Lusc
                    Let's do it. It will help that we have to be accountable to one another. I am not thrilled about it either but we will feel great when we do it. It's too bad we don't live closer to one another. We could go for sushi and bitch. Mind you, one of us might end up.....

Comment

18 September, Monday

Ha! Okay, we are on. Ugh. Dilayne welcome back. How did the weekend go? Fill us in when you can!!

Comment

18 September, Monday

Hi all you great mods!

Universe says:

Except, of course, dreaming.

Tallyho,
                        *****The Universe

This board is so big it is tough to catch everyone individually, that is a very good thing and I am going to give it a shot this morning!!!

Trish, that is all part of the process, so GLAD you are sticking with this . . good for you!!

Jen, your mom is lucky to have such a supportive daughter. I am really happy for you and your mom!

Soccermom, Mary - you sound like you are getting over the hump. I had tears in my eyes reading your post about your mom and your daughter.

Rachele, I am here to tell you, that whole cycle gets thrown for a loop big time. I hope the outcome is of your choosing. When I was about 43, remember the doctor saying to me, my hormones were going a bit goofy and I could be ovulating anytime of the month. She said it was time for me to be super careful, because my husband would NOT go for the snip.

Judie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Sounds like it was a great day! Congratulations!

Becca, what can I say except that you are an inspiration to all of us! We are very proud of you!

Eustacia, we are glad you are here with us. Sorry you have had a tough time of it lately. It will get better.

Dilayne, caught a quick bit of your site. Lovely depth of character in your art and a nice body of work. I rather envy the fact that you get some time to illustrate what personally calls to you. Since I moved into this office space about 10 years ago, I have not had that opportunity. I have such high overhead that I must be illustrating for clients rather than what calls to me. I say to myself at some point I will get back to the really meaningful pieces. I know I will it will just be sometime out in the future!

Lush/Molly, I am sorry things have been hard with your girlfriend too. You and Mary losing your moms, can't imagine it and yet, it is a daily problem about now with mine. You know the fear of . . . and what can I do to help ease her medical problems. . . .and did she have a mini stroke or is all this stress just helping her lose track of everything.

Laura, your son just cracked me up! I understand in the middle of those bouts you are thinking I didn't sign up for this! It goes so darn quick though. I know you are enjoying them also.

Mary Anne, hang in there, sounds like you are really doing your program!

Waves, Mona Cat showed me the tools last month. I think they are great for letting you view a week and month in total. good for you for setting out your aims.

Ellen, it takes time to get the hang of this program - you will get there.

If I missed anyone, my apologies!!

Was down on my cable at the office on Friday. Talk about throwing my work off! Plus missing you guys!

Spent most of the day yesterday illustrating for a new upscale club. (Have to do that at home otherwise I get too many interruptions at work.) Guess what he wanted, yes cut glass highball with the scotch on the rocks and the cigar in the cut glass ashtray. Actually fun to do but geez I need a day off! That scotch looked soooooooo inviting!

F-I-L came in on Thursday evening and left yesterday morning for a place in the mountains where he is taking a sculpting class. Guess what F-I-L bought instead of vodka? Yep, scotch. I had one shot glass of it about 11 pm on Saturday night. Thursday and Friday, I just ignored the guys with their drinks, went off to another room. Had the kids over on Saturday night for dinner which was fast and furious since I worked some and then ran errands for the rest of the day. Haven't done that dinner thing with them in over 2 months as I have been at my parents house taking care of them on my Sundays. Had a half glass of wine at dinner.

Yesterday, I had a glass of wine also. Good thing F-I-L left with his scotch - drawing that glass with the scotch barely flowing over those ice cubes, all too inviting - would have been toooooo much.

Haven't posted on my parents because they are not doing well. My dad had a doctors appointment on Friday, they ended up at four different places for all his problems and damn that is disheartening. The one hormone therapy they could use on my mom that may prevent more breast cancer turns out her lung doctor called and said, with the interaction of that and her antibiotics she is on for the lung disease will cause heart fibrylations (sp?) and she has to get off it immediately as she has heart problems too. Then F-I-L just showed up with prostate problems he will have addressed as soon as he gets back home.

I am hanging in and for the most part being AF. Like you Judie, I am looking for a slow down at work a bit and while I normally have 15 projects going from small pieces to art directing large campaigns, I am at 24 projects at the moment and losing track if I don't have them all written.

NOW FOR SOME GOOD NEWS!! Not only have I been able to get off my HBP meds, I have also stopped my prevacid for that acid reflux. My guess is, that with the drinking I was having a lot of diet cokes too. I have totally stopped buying them also, afraid I think of having the thought of here's my coke, where's my rum?

Those two meds with my insurance were costing me $55 a month. NOW how's that for savings we would not normally relate to alcohol?

Hugs and Love to all you wonderful ladies!
                        Mary

Comment

18 September, Monday

Our Anniversary dinner & date was wonderful! We ate at our favorite restaurant on the waterfront right at sunset... very romantic:h .

I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner, and 2 small ones from my 5oz glass @ home. So I guess I wasn't too bad... . At lunch, up the river yesterday, I saw a couple of ladies having a glass of wine & wanted to order one, but I knew Hubby would frown &/or pout... so, not worth it ...especially on "our Big Day". We had a great time! And I'm glad I didn't start in too early too!

Trish, hang in there, & get back on that horse, just another "rodeo"!
                          You can do it!

SC Mary, Already out walking before 6:30 AM? I love being up early... but working nights... it doesn't seem to happen that often. It's just that first step outa bed that gets me!

Rachele, I think I read somewhere that one of the side effects of topa is difficult cycles for women. I think would go get a test just for "peace of mind"... if nothing else.

I have no idea what's going on with my font here....

Jen, glad to here your Mom's doing better. That does take a lot of courage, you must be soo proud ! I wish I could get my Dad to try something ....He's very set in his ways

Molly, you didn't "sound'' polluted on the Puter! Good luck on your AF day Thurs...You can do it!

Dilayne, Great to see ya! Keep doing that beautiful art work!

MKR! Hey Girl, Miss ya! Hope everythings alright. Hopefully hear from you soon. Thinking about ya, Peace & Prayers...

Becca! Watcha doin? Runnin your butt off... again? Love the divorce letter! Perfectly timed for my anniversary! The only card I got!! Gee! Maybe I'm doing something wrong!! Oh well, there's more to life than cards... Thank God!! Love those "NicePackages"!!!HA!

Everybody have a great day!

Hugs Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

18 September, Monday

Good luck everyone this week. Glad to hear all news.
                            Enough is enough

Comment

18 September, Monday

Mary, I am so sorry you are having to go through this with your parents. I know exactly what you are going through as I was the primary caregiver for my dad before he passed away 11 years ago and then my mom. It was a gift for me to be able to be there for them and they both let me know all of the time how appreciated I was but it was still the hardest thing I have ever gone through. It sounds like you are giving them so much of your time as well and that really is a blessing for all parties involved. I am so impressed you are hardly drinking. I tended to go in the opposite direction.

Judie, glad you had a nice anniversary. My hubby and I never did anything for our 10th this year and keep saying we will. Wish we had the money to go to Europe!

Okay, back to work......

Comment

Working...
                              X