Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's easier than i thought

hi
    so, i did 2 days AF, Monday and Tuesdays, and frankly, other than the fear of withdrawals, it was much easier then I thought it would be. I'm still nervous about withdrawals, but if i get past 72 hours without any, I won't have any, right?

I didn't have any cravings or anything like that. I'll do it again tonight.
    i'm leaving it open for Thursday night. then Friday-Sunday, I'll allow it in (very small amounts)moderation, if I want to. Who knows....may not want any.

so glad I finally made the leap.

letgolaughing;726005 wrote: hi
    so glad I finally made the leap.
    heres my hand grab it and take the challage go for one month 30days af and then come back and see how your body feels ..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Lord have mercy, let go!!! Let go of the withdrawals :H. Really, you're good and safe. Keep rocking!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

See!!
        You can do it.
        Well Done

Comment

did another night. that was 3

slept great.

i'm pissed though. i went to enter in last night's little 'zero' on the drink tracker and it won't let me go back and enter in since we started october today!! damn it!. They need to fix that. we should get to enter the last night's data in on the next morning.

Comment

just did my 4th AF night. was surprised at myself because i had even planned on thursday being an AL day, and my husband actually had a beer and a glass of wine...but I decided I'd rather not.

oh. and that's not very fair anyway. men can have 2 drinks everyday and it's moderation, but women can only have 1. that is so not fair. I could easily just have 2 drinks everyday, having only 1 though is what is hard.

Comment

congrats

:goodjob: I'm trying to do 30 days AF , we'll see ODAAT
              where do I get a "drink tracker" ?
              Non Drinker 9/09
              Non Smoker 6/09
              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

letgolaughing;727064 wrote: men can have 2 drinks everyday and it's moderation, but women can only have 1. that is so not fair. I could easily just have 2 drinks everyday, having only 1 though is what is hard.
                Yes, As a moderator I think it's extremely hard to stop at one. I usually have 2 but try not to have more than 7 in a weeks time which is within the standards for safe drinking. You just wouldn't want 7 in a night - haha.

Sharing a little medical info just so you understand why only 1 drink is recommended for women.

Once alcohol reaches the stomach, it begins to break down with the alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme. This process reduces the amount of alcohol entering the blood by approximately 20%. (Women produce less of this enzyme, which may help to partially explain why women become more intoxicated on less alcohol than men.).

The liver is able to metabolize about ? ounce of ethanol per hour (approximately one drink, depending on a person's body size, food intake, etc.). If more alcohol arrives in the liver than the enzymes can handle, the excess alcohol travels to all parts of the body, circulating until the liver enzymes are finally able to process it. (Which is another good reason not to consume more than one drink per hour.)
                Sometimes truly understanding how some things work helps one do the best thing for themselves. The body also processes the alcohol first (before food that you have eaten) and the lowered inhibitions one gets can make them eat more as well so that's why drinkers struggle with weight gain and trouble losing weight.

To our health!
                Eve11
                Eve
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

i'm pissed though.
                  Bear in mind, let Go Laughing, that in the UK it means that you've been drinking and you're inebriated! lol, whereas in the USA I believe it means that you're less than happy with cirumstances.
                  Keep on keeping on

Comment

:new: This is day one for me. I have been wanting to stop my weekend binge drinking for years but just can't do it. I am really desperate to stop. My addiction I believe is psychological. I can go all week without a drink so long as there is none in the house. I avoid social gatherings because I am scared to get blind and make an idiot of myself. I cut my lunch break to half an hour so I dont have time to go and a have a drink. I am just a habit person. Friday night I will drink and normally right myself off. I get up on a Saturday and kid myself that I treat myself to lunch so that I can sit and have a couple of wines but then I want to keep going because it is the weekend. If I can keep Sunday to just day drinking session then I have accomplished something. My kids hate my drinking although they love me and my marriage ended recently because he was a huge drinker and we were just toxic for each other. My frineds all drink and I dont want to dump them because I cant drink with them but I dont see myself having the control not to around them. The other side to it is that I smoke like a train when I drink but it is easy for me not to when I am sober. My firends are also smokers so again I have the same problem, no control. I stayed away from them for a month and quit the smoking but now I am back there and I am starting to smoke again. How do I learn control. I can do it in anything else but this

Comment

BeingMe,
                      Welcome! If you post under Just Starting Out, more people will respond. Many people here recommend an initial 30 days (at least) alcohol free. Once you learn to live without alcohol, you may be able to control it better. I was a weekend binge drinker before coming here. I started with 75 days AF. Now, I drink no more than once weekly, and I prefer to limit it to twice monthly.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                      X