• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another by Mother Teresa

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
    Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
    Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
    Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
    Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
    Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
    Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
    Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
    Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
    It never was between you and them anyway."

Author:Mother Teresa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :h :h :h :h

Another by Mother Teresa

AMEN..........
    I so admire that woman............
    I read somewhere that she suffered from doubt and depression..........did good ANYWAY..........
    Impressive!

Thanks for sharing,
    Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

That almost made me cry. Thanks for posting it Rachele.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

very nice tyvm. and so dang true.

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

thanks

Thank you for the prayer, makes me feel like i can b forgiven for my past actions
          Does anyone here think that maybe this affliction is a challenge a blessing as such to live a better life that the problem of drinking too much is actually a blessing from god to seek new ways of being and find a peace within which many never even begin to search for.
          just a thought

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Unregistered!

Oh my dear, dear child....that is what God would say to you!

My faith says: You are saved by faith alone. That's it! God died on the cross for your sins! It's a done deal.....

He loves you no matter what you've done, no matter what you've said, no matter what you 've thought.

Jesus Loves you and you are already forgiven......he just wants you to ask for fogiveness, it pleases him.:l

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

I love that Rachelle..I've never heard that one! thanks so much! Namaste!

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

I love that so much Imagine. Thank you, thank you. Suppose I should know you are so spiritual. Thank you.

I will be copying this for all of the people in my family cluster.

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Dearest Unregistered,

In my humble opinion as I turn 60, we have sufferring from God to simply brings us closer to God. These are the lessons of our soul. Our soul yearns for reunion with God, however you describe God. Forgiveness of yourself first and then others is the key I think. Forgiveness is a gift from the universe. All you need to do is embrace it. It is "the great lesson" that God has for us.

You are on the right track. Go & get healed..i.e, learn forgiveness. It is usually not easy .. but you are called to do it. And you will succeed.

Forgive my ramblings. Peace....

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Dear Unregistered..I've asked the same questions many times about the affliction and have come to believe that our addictions occur because we are so hungry for God..we just reach for the wrong 'spirit'. God knows we do this, and like every dear one on this board has suggested, God loves us anyway and is always calling us home..he is here especially when we are lost..and yes, I think that he does allows us to suffer because it is the only way we are going to find him..when we feel so much pain that we HAVE to turn to him/her/being/the I AM..whatever you want to call the Lord..Jesus was our example..it is the way of the cross, and this addiction, for many of us, is the way of the cross. He doesn't ask us to die on a literal cross, but he does ask that we sacrifice the false self in order for our Christ self to live in his light and love.

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

hmmm, I was thinking about this again and wanted to rephrase what I said about hungry for God..I rather mean hungry for a connection with the divine, or for me,..that truest deepest part of myself that is connected to whatever it is that we may understand as 'God'...I think I prefer to use the word 'being' since the word God puts so many people off..I think, because the word has been overused and overidentified with something that really doesn't even come close to the true essence and mystery that it is...

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Dilayne and everyone,
                        I agree whole heartedly. As some may have seen on my mods post today, I am choosing to take a "break" from this website on the scale that I have been dependent on it, because part of what I couldnt say or even fully articulate this morning, is that my time here has crowded out my quiet time with God each day. And I have seen what it has done to me, and I know why I am in the place I am in. Yes, I have many stress factors including doctors who are saying that my Mom is dying and there is basically nothing they can do but extend her life with inhumane doses of chemo and radiation. So this is doing a number on me, but I am wresting terribly with guilt. So many hours I have spent wondering if God forgives me for this when I choose over and over to go back to it. Ultimately I know He does -- but I struggle with feeling all the time like He is dissapointed in me. So that keeps me from spending time with Him, which leads to over-indluging instead, which leads to guilt... such a cycle. So I am choosing to get my priorities straight and just start being honest with myself and God once again. He already knows anyway. Just wanted to share that as I read this tonight.

Allie
                        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Allie,
                          "Be still and know that I am God"..........
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Another by Mother Teresa

Allie,

My heart breaks for you.

I am not dealing with loosing my Mother at this time, I lost her when I was 19 to cervical cancer.

I do wrestle day to day with guilt. I really don't think God wants this heavy burden on my heart but it's there.

I suppose we should remember that our sins of alcoholism are not weighed any heavier by God than any other sin like gossiping or other things people may consider petty but are sins in His eyes.

I do know that my faith says by His Grace I am saved by faith alone. I do have faith, I know you do too, Allie, and I know he will comfort you and get you through this some how, some way:l

Comment

Working...
                            X