Can anyone talk to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone talk to me?

I can't sleep - had 2 days al abuse trying to taper down which means I can't sleep :-(
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Can anyone talk to me?

Restlessness. Perspiration. Jittery. Tossing and turning.

Yep. I remember.

Keep drinking water. Sometimes warm water seemed to help?

I admit I relied on some tylenol, ibuprofen or perhaps a "pm" version of either, or a sleeping helper to assist, too.

It sucks. No doubt about it. It's hard to clear your head of so much swimming around up there.

Slow, deep, cleansing breaths. Good thoughts. Soft cool pillow turned over and over.

Good luck.

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Hi Kimberley. Do all that Mr S says. you could try Lavender Essential Oil on your pjs, or use it in a burner for an hour before you go to bed. Try any of the over the counter sleep aids too - valerian and hops works for me. Have a drink of warm milk, whilst reading in bed (thats if you enjoy reading).

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Oh, and sometimes Melatonin (with theanine) was helpful (but that assistance seemed less after a week or so).

Sometimes it helped to have some "noise" in the backround (radio talk or music or whatever). Other times that was not helpful but hindered sleep.

And yes, I've heard warm milk helps. And reading something I'm supposed to read always helps with sleep. Something I want to read ... not as much. But it does tend to calm and re-set or re-align the brain a bit.

Again, good luck to you.

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Cathy40 why the Lavendar? i have some on hand... just curious! thanks.

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

benedryl helped me a LOT the first week to 10 days when i couldnt sleep.
            AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Gravol.....
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Not too sure they have gravol in the UK. I will suggest 2 benadryl before you go to sleep, but before that take a hot shower with a loofah, will get some of those toxins out, yes some comforting music helps, and I've even done boring books on tape at night, or baby lullabyes.

Melatonin only helped me when I took 6 mg, but even a nighttime cold medication w/o alcohol may help too.

I wish you the best, insomnia is awful.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Hello Everyone, I've only been lurking a few days but have found all the messages comforting to know that there are many others out there like me. I have reached the bottom and have no reason to be there at this point in my life. I quit my job & moved to the Caribbean almost 3 years ago, which was my dream of many years. But relationship problems with a partner whose still on the mainland has not given me the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of my labor to be here.....maybe I just use that as an excuse to keep my ole' buddy AL in my life everyday and in the land of cheap rum & cigarettes, it's a disaster. Since I've been lurking, I realized after reading other posts, that I have been a slave to AL for 32 YEARS!!! and have always been thinking about the next drink. I sit here crying & sipping another vodka & want it to be better... What's wrong with me?
                  My father died young at 64 from AL induced stroke, the last time I saw him alive was sitting in a wheel chair drooling & it was his birthday! I see myself in him & my grandmother(Dad's Mom) died from lung cancer/emphysema AND I CONTINUE TO ABUSE MYSELF!! I am really glad to find this organization, as AA always turned me off or scared me or whatever.
                  I've tried to buy off the Health Store a starter pack & the book, but it doesn't accept my billing address in the VI, I need some help & I guess I'll call the 866 #, but I hate the telephone.
                  I feel like a piece of shit.....

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

usvi_mermaid;726852 wrote: Hello Everyone, I've only been lurking a few days but have found all the messages comforting to know that there are many others out there like me. I have reached the bottom and have no reason to be there at this point in my life. I quit my job & moved to the Caribbean almost 3 years ago, which was my dream of many years. But relationship problems with a partner whose still on the mainland has not given me the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of my labor to be here.....maybe I just use that as an excuse to keep my ole' buddy AL in my life everyday and in the land of cheap rum & cigarettes, it's a disaster. Since I've been lurking, I realized after reading other posts, that I have been a slave to AL for 32 YEARS!!! and have always been thinking about the next drink. I sit here crying & sipping another vodka & want it to be better... What's wrong with me?
                    My father died young at 64 from AL induced stroke, the last time I saw him alive was sitting in a wheel chair drooling & it was his birthday! I see myself in him & my grandmother(Dad's Mom) died from lung cancer/emphysema AND I CONTINUE TO ABUSE MYSELF!! I am really glad to find this organization, as AA always turned me off or scared me or whatever.
                    I've tried to buy off the Health Store a starter pack & the book, but it doesn't accept my billing address in the VI, I need some help & I guess I'll call the 866 #, but I hate the telephone.
                    I feel like a piece of shit.....
                    Mermaid-

Could you maybe start a new thread in the 'Just Starting Out' section? It is just that your first post will get lost if you post in the middle of a different thread.

You are NOT a piece of shit- but Al makes us feel like we are.

Just keep reading- there is a TON of information to absorb here, it will take you days to get a feel of what might work for you.

Look at what is working for others, and bit by bit make a do-able pan that you feel comfortable with.

Ask questions, ask for help, people will respond.

Oh and by the way, Welcome :welcome:

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

I would just add to MisterS's post. I sometimes use pm versions of pain relievers, but I would not use Tylenol PM. Acitominophen acts on the liver and isn't recommended if you drink. It can cause liver damage on it's own if you take too much.

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

Thanks guys for responding - I do appreciate it. I got someone to talk to me in chat. Feel rubbish now but I know I will feel better in a few days.

Mermaid I hope you feel better soon - you have taken a big step realising how big a problem al is in your life. I hope MWO can support you through the difficulty. I will be back on here in a couple of days if ou need to chat.
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Can anyone talk to me?

i had the same last night just could not sleep, so tired, took 2 sleeping pills loads of calms but nothing worked, fell asleep at about 5.30 and woke up late for school at 7.45, feel like shit today.
                          Twitch

Comment

Working...
                          X