PBJ leftovers, deep fried with Capri-Sun Reduction Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the boring leftover PB&J sandwich and cut into squares. Heat light layer of peanut oil in skillet. Whip up some corn meal batter and dip PB&J squares in generously.

Fry.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, take the leftover Capri-Sun drink and squirt into saucepan. Add some butter and dump out any leftover white wine into sauce. Let simmer until it reduces by half.

While PB&J squares cool on a paper towel, finish the Capri Sun (Surfer Cooler) sauce off with a Tbsp of strawberry jam (mix well) and 1 Tbsp of whole grain mustard. Mix well. Drizzle over sandwich squares and top with crumbled leftover Nacho Cheese Doritos.

If your kids will not eat this, then send them to bed without lunch for two weeks.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Hi Allie, this sounds absolutely irresistable for most kids, those without a peanut allergy, I am referring to.

Will keep this in mind. So far, Vivian is loving all of the home made veggie and fruits her mother makes for her.

Love hearing from you.:h
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

So glad that Vivian is doing fantastic!

I hope you know I never made this recipe... it was inspired by my complaining about boring lunchbox stuff I do not really make my child eat this, but I just might try it sometime for the heck of it!

Comment

Mikey likes it!!!!

nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

All you have to do Det is scoop that stuff up, add some bread crumbs, garlic and WALA!! Can't wait to see the recipe you come up with THAT!

Comment

Ewwwwwww! Gross! :H:H:H:H:H
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

that really IS mikey, is it not???

Comment

Whilst the daughter was away on holiday this week I cleaned out her school bag and found a lunch box filled with it's own life source (!) she will definetly be getting a PBJ Leftover the next time she pulls that on me LOL!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

when the lunchbox becomes 'self aware' then you know you have an issue on your hands.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dee Bee--I had 3 lunchboxes like that when the kids cleaned out their lockers before school got out! Grrrr!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I have officiallly heard it all on this site! :H
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thank you all for a very funny moment this morning.
                        Great recipe Prest.... possibly a book in there somewhere...
                        -Sheep

Comment

LMAO - ah, the horror stories of kids leftover lunchbox items........
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Working...
                          X