cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cars

any of you guys enjoy working on old cars? i have rediscovered how much i enjoy this. had big plans for this afternoon, you see i have this old truck (it is a '93) well maybe not that old. and i was going to change the water pump and thermostat, but of course got tied up at work, and by the time i got home it was dark. guess there is always saturday.

cars

ok, this won't come across as very 'manly' but I don't like working on any kind of car, new or old. I never really got the car bug. Or the carpentry bug. But I tell you...since I live in Reno NV we get the 'hot August nights' festival once per year and there are some amazing pieces of rolling history/art that come here. I know nothing about them...but they are amazing.

Now guns...i could talk about until the wee hours of morning. and have a gunsmithing and reloading bench set up for working on them.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

cars

My old truck isn't that kind of truck...yet maybe one day. it is just my cheap daily driver. As for guns, i have gotten back into them as well. In fact i am taking my old 6.5 Swedish Mauser to the range tomorrow. i guess it sort of fits...old truck, old guns...maybe i was born in the wrong decade.

Comment

cars

Well guys, I'm interested in all things mechanical, but things just keep getting more and more complicated for amatuers to work on. Like a lot of people, I've had a lifelong interest in cars. When I was seven, I could identify most of them in the dark just by looking at the pattern of the headlights as they approached. When I was in Canada I loved watching the old, beautifully restored cars cruising the roads most weekends during the summer. I'm going to get myself and old car or a bike one day and have it purring like a kitten. Another thing on my to-do list.
        My dad has a 1976 Mercedes 450SLC that he stripped bare and rebuilt. It was beautiful until he just sort of let it go. It's still sitting in his driveway and hasn't turned a wheel for about five years now and I'm hoping that he's noticed my enthusiasm and lets me have it one day.
        I like guns too but it's almost impossible to get involved in this country legally after what happened at Dunblane. I can't say I blame them, but it's another example of the bad people ruining everything for the rest of us.

Comment

cars

Hi guys, a girly here LOL ........ here is my old car that I absolutely adore ........

Also, as some of you will remember from an old thread, I love guns too ......... but as popeye mentioned its really difficult in the UK now, but I manage Pheasant shooting with my dad in the winter and my trusty air pistols at a local range the rest of the time ...........

BB xx Attached files [img]/converted_files/1052228=5222-attachment.jpg[/img]
          sigpicXXX

Comment

cars

a 6.5 Swede is indeed a thing of beauty. as is Boopsters cool convertible!

you can still have shotguns in the UK? that's good to hear.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

cars

Yes you can det, but the laws are very very strict, you have to be checked out by the police first, and reapply for your licence every few years, and the guns have to be in a safe. But hey its better than nothing!!!
              sigpicXXX

Comment

cars

I worked on my car....out of neccesity ! Ha! Hi ! Betty IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

cars

brother IAD, you and I are in the same boat!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X