Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detox at home ???

Hey,
    I have decided to detox but have money problems.
    Don't see how I can go to a facility to get help.

First off I'm at 12/18 beers a day!:upset:

I called my ex father in-law to ask to borrow some money. (We have a real good relationship)
    He can't help me with cash but did offer to take me in and he and Mom will watch over me.
    ( how cool it that after all the shit I have put that family through) !!!!

I have a scrip for Lexapro and Campral.
    Have all the supps that RJ recommends.
    Got the CD's

Do any of you think I, 1st safely, 2nd successfully can do this with what I have available.

Any comments will be appreciated!

Much LOVE and PEACE to all

Bob :upset: :h

Detox at home ???

No advice on detox here, PP... can you call a med/help line?

:l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Detox at home ???

PP we talked about this. Bob nobody can tell you what's right for you. Remember we talked about how far they are from a hospital?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Detox at home ???

I hear what you are saying Greenie,
        Not looking for someone to tell me what to do just wondering if anyone else has tried it like this.
        And mabey thought there might be a Dr. or Nurse that might have some input.

Bob

Comment

Detox at home ???

Bob,

I've done something similar and I honestly can't tell you what to do either, everyone is different and each situation has different urgency, etc...

I have only found some success recently after decreasing more gradually from the same amount of beer as you rather than a Cold Turkey detox situation. I was drinking 12 plus beers per day almost daily for a few years and the pressure to just consider "stopping" was just too over wheliming and probably kept me from doing it. I was finally able to drop down to say....6 beers a day for awhile and do some meds and counseling. Then maybe 4 and so on.

Now I may drink 6 beers a week and take the Topomax.

I would definitely work with the doc on whats going on and do give whatever they recomend a shot first. I would have loved to quit altogether in one clean swoop. Just didnt work and drug things out worse for me personally.

You will find your way!!!

Comment

Detox at home ???

Well i'm on Day 4 from drinking 12-15 beers a day and it's not too bad, I think i'm over the worst of it anyway. I don't have any sups. Tapering down for a few days is the key i think, don't just try to quit cold turkey from a bender.

Comment

Detox at home ???

This is doable!!!

I've never detoxed myself without some benzos around, (and the truth is I probably just like the benzos - I don't think I would have ever had bad withdrawals) - but - this is not medical advice, this is just anecdotal evidence it CAN BE DONE!

1. You need a plan and someone to keep the key on the frig and administer the beer. 2. It took my friends (de-toxer and de-toxee) about four days to come completely off of 38 beers a day. She's been sober about 40 days now. She says it sucked and really was uncomfortable, but there were no seizures and imagine this - she's now managing a nearby women's gym!

That's what I know about de-toxing from alcohol with beer. This is the "old-timers" technique and if you can keep on tapering you can do it. If you find yourself faltering, ask for help! to keep the beer coming at the right time, in the right amounts! Don't screw around with it.

My friend who just did this is slender woman about 5'8", 125 lbs. Imagine 38-40 beers a day for her! oh vey!

You can do this. Just gather all the support you can and keep those tall boys cold!!! (This is clearly not medical advice, just one drunk to another!)

All the best to you. Sounds like another freaking miracle about to happen!!

Red
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Detox at home ???

can't give you any advice PP, just , I am so impressed at how strong you are being, and look how far you have come in a week!! good luck, keep posting, love and hugs Tawnywitch
                Twitch

Comment

Detox at home ???

Hi Bob, here is a link to when I did a home detox, is lexapro a benzo?? If so then you will be safer than without. All the best for you.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...tox-35806.html

Take care, BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Detox at home ???

Thank You BB,
                    Your thread gives me so much hope!!!
                    I just googled Lexapro and no it is not a "benzo" it is a "benzi" (still not totally sure the difference).

Also just got the scare of a lifetime!!!!
                    In Sep. 2006 (Just before I found MWO) I went to a psychologist (F***ing Quack) to see if I was Bipolar and he assured me that i was not.
                    He charged me for $180 a total of 10 min. (I watched the clock)
                    He gave me Lithium Carbonate and Rispordal.
                    I still have the pills and googled them to see if they are Benzos.
                    The sites I was directed to scared the shit out of me !!!!!
                    They both are indicated for Schizophrenia and Bipolar !!!!!!
                    And require constant blood work which he never asked for !!!!!
                    Plus they said basically that the Lithium Carbonate has a very small threshold of therapeutic to toxic benefits !!!!
                    I'm so fucking pissed off !!!!! (sorry)

I do have some seeping pills that my family practitioner gave when he prescribed me the Campral.
                    So I guess my plan is to go with those and the supps that I bought through MWO(I got them all when I joined).
                    I'm going to go to my ex in-laws as they said they would keep me away from AL and watch over me. (God I love them)!!!
                    Will have the hospital on speed dial if I really need that help. (hope not)!!!!
                    Well that is the Plan !!!!!

Any thoughts? Not asking for medical advice just some outside input.

Sorry for the ramble.

Much LOVE and Peace to you all !!!!!!

Bob :upset: :h

Comment

Detox at home ???

Hi Property,

Don't worry about the language. I have many a day when most of my words begin with an F (if you get my drift).

I've actually googled myself out of a flu remedy because of the side effects.

You sound as if you've got a good plan put together.

No advice as such. Just sending you my support and wishing you well.

Let's turn that :upset: into a.

Love Jackie xxx
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Detox at home ???

Proparty, if there is anyway you can get hold of some Librium, I think that would really help. That is what BB used in her detox.

I wish you the best of luck in detoxing. Let us know how you are doing.

:l
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Detox at home ???

detox

I did go to a residential detox and was still going from the night before. this is the prescription. lots of calcium magnesium bvitamins and a prescription relaxant suchas xanax or adavan for 7 days to take the edge off. lots of high protien food and high quality carbs, regulated sleep to get your cycle back in order. good luck

Comment

Detox at home ???

Thank you all,
                            I'm jumping in with both feet!!
                            Starting tommorow.
                            Scared but I will do this!!!! (It's do or die for me now!!!)
                            And I have decided I WANT TO LIVE !!!!!!
                            For the first time in 32 years !!!!
                            Pray for Me! I am for all fo you.(Like it or not!!! LOL)

Much Love and Peace to all !!!!

Bob :h:h

Comment

Detox at home ???

Bob good luck to you tomorrow and I hope everything goes well for you. Your friends have proved what you mean to them, so with the support of them, your in-laws and all here, I'm sure you will suceed.
                              Opal X

Comment

Working...
                              X