Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday September 19th

Well...Have had a hard time yesterday.
    My cats got in a fight on my keyboard. And I told you all about my one cat when she gets nervous what happens......she pees her pants. Well.....my keyboard..... Didn't get online much yesterday....guess why?
    So needless to say.....I just went and bought a new one.

Bambs, Of course I am an angel. Can you see my halo?

Good Job Tartan on AF weekend. That's hard, so pat yourself on the back! cyber sex eh? hummm

I agree with ya Nancy, cv does need a prize for havin the cleanest colen. But did you read what bambs wrote? It definitely wont be THAT prize. (pee-uuu)
    Good job cv! We will have to come up with somethin really good for you. At least we have a little time to think about it.

Lisa, that room service is good isnt it. I hope you and bambs got better sleep last night. Man, I slept so good. Pretty sure its the topa tho. Maybe take two melatonin tonite.
    (is that ok cv?)
    Trish, please feel free to join us.
    Hey....that gives me an idea! What do you guys think about getting the Earnest Hotel spiffed up for all the visitors? We could restore the damanged area to its original condition and decor. Make it real comfy and encourage them to want to stay longer! What do ya think regular Abbers. Mack and Bambs can be in charge of all the work and me and Kathy can be the delegators. kiddin.....no, we can all pitch in and get it done in before the weekend. Sounds like a fun project to me. But we are gonna need Mack and Mike's help.
    ok...cool!
    Lisa, hope your feelin better.
    fsophiah, I loved your dream! Glad to meet you! :l
    Barb, we're so glad to have you back.!

And where is everybody else where the heck are you? Not gonna do a roll call cuz you know who you are! Hope ya check in cuz we could use some help with the Earnest Hotel.
    talk soon, gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Tuesday September 19th

Gabs. Hate to see you alone in here and maybe you are referring to me above so its a hello from me to you for today. Also, if I get in early, I might get another reward.. I wonder if I might get a spa in my holiday suite.. could it even have ocean views?!!!! Not that I ask a lot, you understand!!!

Its not that I wouldnt stop in at Earnest Hotel if there was a pentouse suite available, but since I have my own holiday apartment, I thought I'd just upgrade that if its alright with you.

Today is a difficult day for a friend of mine.. a birthday and wedding anniversary on the same day and the first one without a loved one. Funny how there can be some days that are just more emotional than others.. it could be cats peeing on keyboards or something else.. thats the bummer thing about emotions.. they can take you unawares.

Since I've been sober, I have felt like a child in some ways learning how to deal with emotions anew. I am growing more confident each month in my NOT wanting to go back to my old ways.. but sometimes emotions just hit you.. and the surprise is surprising (cant believe I just said that)

So, I suppose I'm surprised today. Not cos its a hard day for me, but for my friend... so its kind of by proxy, if you get my drift.

I hope everyone is well here. Lisa, I dont think I've ever spoken to you... sounds like you might be unwell or something from what Gabs says above, so I hope you are ok.

A thinking day for me, I think
    Brigid

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Greetings from life on the road. I finished two AFD's in a row for a grand total of 4 this month. Not exactly my plan, but I am not giving up. It is encouraging to see the success of y'all here. Thanks for all you do.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

i want to see a pic of that kitty with pants on!i will donate water treatment equipment for the hotel we dont need any plumbing problems.and of course i will have it installed.

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Day 2 again

Out of the last 50 days, I've had seven AF days which is a record. Starting again and am going to try to go through Thxgiving, when we're going out. It's hard without the exercise - I was becoming addicted to it - now I am getting used to not doing it. I think I overdid it last night and needed a pain pill - but I slept like a baby.

Gabby - cats peeing on the keyboard?? more than I can handle! Put the old one in the litter box.

Sophia, great dream! I've been having some weird dreams over the last week - while drinking of course. Let's see what pain meds do to my dreams.

Lisa, hope you are enjoying your trip. Hope you are feeling better. I remember my first week of sobriety was full of headaches, dizzy, etc. Thanks for all of your support!

Brigid, I know what you mean about having to deal with emotions again. When drinking, my emotions just take care of themselves. When sober, we really have to deal with them! Hope your friend made it through her hard day.

Phil, even tho your plan did not turn out as you expected, congratulate yourself for what you did do. I've been beating myself up for taking my "birthdy week" off, but when I go back and look at the whole picture, I have a lot to be proud of.

CV - colon of the year!! I have to go back and catch up on my reading, but I am getting the general gist of what you are doing.

Liz how's the not smoking going? It's a hard habit to bust.

Good to be a part of this again. Thanks to everyone for all of your support!!

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Good Morning Everyone.
            I'm sorry to report that the room service last night was not so good. I will spare you the details. I just hope the Earnest hotel hires a really good chef.
            I think I'm feeling better - thank you. Had another not so good sleep though. Was in bed lots of hours but just kept waking up ...every hour or so.
            Still much better than yesterday thanks. Hey...today is hmm let me see Day 10 I do believe, for me- yea.

Do we have anniversary gifts? Like 10 is paper, 20 is popcorn and a movie? I dunno,something.. thought I'd ask .
            Course, now I've given myself the paper day- not sure - maybe I'll get myself a card or something.
            ok...maybe I am feeling better.
            Sorry about your keyboard Gabby. Last week one of my babies peed in a shoe - she was not pleased that I had been gone for a week. They haven't done that many times though- not much you can do. Cats do what they like - one of the reasons we love em.
            Off to work. Hope everyone has a great day today. Hi Brigid - thanks for the well wishes on feeling better.
            Oh, and cv....would that be fine? do you think? two melatonin tonight?

Best of luck to everyone else on the wonderful Tues!
            Lisa

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Hi Barb- we were posting at the same time. just wanted to wish you a good day today.
              lisa

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Good Morning, All,

I have to be off for a long busy day, so I just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone. I wish I could say an individual hello, but please know that I'm thinking of all of you!! I wish today wasn't going to be such a long day, but there it goes.

Love,

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Good morning Absville,
                  Gabbs, what a great idea.......hotel!
                  I'll supply all the fresh veggies for the dining room!
                  Hubby won't let me near a paint brush though!:H

Brigid.....It's what we have friends for...to share the good times and help shoulder the bad ones....you're a good friend to help with that.

Phil...on the road again (song) Good to hop up on that abs train and let someone else do the driving! 4 days better than 0!

Mo...I read your post on the man that you saw fall.....hurts my heart for him........and I have to think...."there but by the Grace of God go I"......

barb......hows the foot? 7 out out 50 better than 0!

Lisa........yes! Paper for 10! Look out you window! Confetti is falling from the roof of the hotel in honor of you! And I think there is a parade going down the street!
                  Good news......the hotel in Absville will be provided fresh food by me!

Kathy.....Blessing to you on your long day....and hedges of protection for you and Mandy!

We got 4 inches of rain yesterday. Where was that during growing season? Oh well...I couldn't have kept up !
                  Where is everybody else?
                  Come on guys POST!!!!!!
                  We miss you!

Nancy & Belle:l
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Hi guys, busy, busy days and it's trying to mess with my schedule, but I'm taking this as a challenge not a problem, so I'll just handle it and go on.

I sounds like everyone is doing well and as for the melatonin, if your tabs are 1 mg each, you should be fine. You shouldn't exceed 3 mg daily and it sometimes takes 2-3 weeks of consistent melatonin to readjust your body schedule rythyms.

Anyway, glad all are doing quite well but I've seen some bumps again so perhaps it has to do with the full moon coming up soon, etc. I do believe it has a stronger effect on some than others and even crime statistics go up during a full moon cycle.

My personal experience, 3 days before and after the full moon have me a bit more emotional, sensitive, hyperactive, whatever.

I'll post more to individuals later if I can get my schedule back together and catch my breath.

Happy Tuesday all!!

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Brigid....how could you be refused? YOU...with the longest days of sobriety, a spa it is!
                      As always big smiles to you Brigid.
                      Sorry for your friend. It sounds maybe a little difficult for you too. When your tuned in to a friend and see the struggles they are experiencing, especially those kind of emotions that come up from behind you and knock you to the ground. Just like you said they just hit you. It is difficult to experience and difficult to watch. In fact it can be heart wrenching.
                      And of course there is nothing you can do...... except for one thing, gain knowledge from your pain....and keep on goin. I am thinkin of you both right now as I type. I agree about being sober or just not even slightly numbed. Ya feel it different and ya learn it different huh?

Phil, Good to see you! I wondered what happened to you. Please stick around more.

Mojo, Good I'll count you in on the water equipment gal. And I'll get some animal pics.

Barb, ya gave me an idea on somethin. Good to see you 2-day! All my kitties are young. Its the mean male tryin to scare the nice female and he does it. Its on purpose too. Its so sad. I think its the aggression in the male and he might need a bit of prozac. Don't we wish we could just put it in the water. Not the animals.....the males. ONLY the ones that need it of course. That wouldn't be anyone here. But the ones that dont think they have ANY problems. Does anyone here know what I'm talkin about....ya.......those ones! Ok....enough of that. Why did you get me started Barb? I am glad your back tho.

Lisa, man are we gonna have chef. Southernbelle is goin to do all the food. I dont know how..but I know she will pull it off. She lives on a farm ya know. So need I say more?
                      Well your doin good Lisa. We're still all waitin for Sunday.

Have a good, busy day Kath. I have so much to get done myself.

Nancy, thanks for doin all that work Hotel Earnest. I'm with ya...where is everyone? Mack????

I gotta run now. Have a gillion things to get done in business myself. Get with it everyone. hugs gabby

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Oops missed ya cv, i believe in that fullmoon stuff too. And ghosts too! Oh and cv....how about doin the wellness center in the hotel now?

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Hi Guys!

Hello at all and im glad to see that everyone seems in good form toay

Im sorry about my no show yesterday...i was having a bit of a tough time with the old cravings and seems as one of my old habits used to be sitting at my computer "drink in hand" i just thought it best to give it a wide berth yesterday as i was feeling a bit weak. Instead i forced myself to do housework and then sit and watch TV with my nan all night!!
                          Today i have been and done 2 and a 1/2 hours in the gym so i am really tired now...hopefully ill sleep tonight
                          Sorry if i had anybody worried

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x x
                          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

I am back,and hopeful for some sobriety. I had two weeks of business travel, then came home to moving day. Now that I am almost unpacked and settled, I have no excuse not to be AF. I even had time this am to drink All in One, which is impossible to take on trips. Great to catch up on all of your posts, and see that you are supporting and entertaining each other so well. I look forward to being part of your awesome group here at absville.
                            Meow-Meow
                            MonaKitty

Comment

Tuesday September 19th

Okay Gabby, jumping in but here's the wellness spa plan...aromatherapy, rock massages, infrared saunas, whirlpool, fresh, custom made juices, crystal therapy, custom hypno and meditation cd's specifically tailored to your need at the moment...

...and oh yes, the life chamber, where you can design your custom experience for challenges or rewards and go in to work on your responses to life events to gain strength. A lovely virtual work that is completely forgiving as you gain new experience and strength to meet the hurdles!

As always, a good checkup with blood work and enzyme review and amino profiling to customize your supps too!

There is more but have to get back to work...

Comment

Working...
                              X