Depression Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression Meds

Has anyone tried Lexapro which is for depression and general anxiety disorder as well? I am going to begin taking Lexapro and would appreciate any feedback. I have tried many things but am begining to beleive (actually know) that my problem is a mix of depression and anxiety that I can no longer figure out how to handle. Booze and exercise plus vitamins used to make me feel normal. Now forget it----I am totally out of it. Drinking is a beast tring to eat me. I will probably end up being on more meds plus booze. Thanks
    headless

Depression Meds

Lexapro/Topamax/Wellbutrin

:new: I've been on Wellbutrin XL (300 mg) and Lexapro (30 mg) for a while now. I just added Topamax, 25 mg. gradually increasing to 125 mg. Lexapro will help -- if you don't drink yourself into a stupor every day, as I do. I gained a lot of weight on the Wellbutrin, so the Topamax is to combat that gain, with the added bonus (that I just learned today!) of hopefully decreasing my alchol cravings. I've noticed it a little bit, but I've been "powering through" and drinking anyway. I'm diagnosed as moderately depressed w/ OCD and anxiety disorder.

Comment

Depression Meds

I'm a 10mg of lexapro and 150 welbrutin person myself - just started 25 mg of topa. Like the lexapro not so sure of the wellbutrin, starting to taper off of that. Most of my stuff is anxiety related, and welbut doesn't really help with that. Lexapro seems to be pretty clean with few side effects for me. Was previously taking effexor which was great, but needed to get off of it due to pregnancy, coming off of it was wierd withdrawls. Good luck!

Comment

Depression Meds

Lexapro

I have never taken Lexapro, but my soon to be x-husband did. He would drink with it and became a nightmare and all the while swore that it was helping him. I don't think it was the right drug for him. My plan is to stay with one mind altering drug at a time.
        Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

Depression Meds

Lexapro has saved my life. I started out with 10 mg, and had break thru depression, then went to 20 mg. Now I take 40 mg, and it's a perfect dose for me. No more depression or anxiety. I hardly get angry and never over react. Of course, all these anti depressants take a good three months to have their full effect on your brain. I'll probably never stop taking Lexapro, because I don't want to go back to anxiety and depression ever again. We have depression in our family genes.
          Meow-Meow
          MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
          X