Disappointed In Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed In Myself

Many of you know I have been struggling lately....yesterday and last night was the icing on the cake. I drank all day and all night, staying up way to late for a work night. Today I feel worthless and unable to do my job!! I am so foggy and hung over.....I shouldn't even be here at my desk. I don't know how things got so "out of control"? I know I need to take one day at a time but I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this day, much less the days to come??? I am just totally disgusted and disappointed in myself. I keep asking myself-how did I let this happen? You guys have always been so supportive; can I lean on you one more time? Love, Krigs :upset:
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Disappointed In Myself

I'm here for you girl. We started about the same time and I have always been inspired by you. You have had so much success. Please don't be too hard on yourself, you have come along way. So you fell off......now pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back up! You can do it! Being discusted or disappointed is not going to help you get back on track, in fact it could do just the opposite. So focus on all the good you have done.

Pm me anytime
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Hi Kriger, I certainly know what it's like to struggle, but don't give up, just keep trying and you will get where you want to be. Sending you warm wishes.
      Take care. x

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Thanks AK and Paula,
        I don't want to give up but I know I will be shaky today and the only way to relieve that is to have a beer. I just need to resist the temptation.
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Hi Kriger,
          Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that you decided to drink and are now going through this.....but, you know, the way that you are feeling today, the worthlessness, lack of focus, and feeling lousy are from the alcohol. This will pass. By tomorrow you will be feeling so much more positive! Make sure that you drink a lot of water and eat...this will help.

We always end up in this predicament the same way. Thoughts of drinking, "The Comittee" turns into taking that first drink and after the first drink.......we know the drill!

I think your quote from Lao-Tsu says it all........but, you have not failed, you have experienced a lapse and will be wiser and more prepared in the future. You will make it through today!

Sending you lots of TLC, now go and get a glass of water!

xxx Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Yes Kriger plenty of water, if you drink al now tomorrow you will be feeling just the same.
            Be strong. x

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

I think I feel the strength gathering within me just from reading your posts.....it is amazing how powerful this support system is. Thank you all! I will get that water now...

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Hey Krigs, haven't seen you for a while but we're statehood sisters so I want you to know how much I believe in you and your determination to achieve your goal. Please don't let this lapse shape your future, you deserve more than this. You know what to do, now go and do it! xo Beth
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

kriggenbottom, concern for you came up in a private conversation yesterday. Perhaps you got the vibe. I'm glad to see you here regardless of what shape you are in. Nourish yourself like you would your grandchild. Hang tight. :l
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Krigs! I am so glad you posted. You know how much it helps.
                    Now, here are your orders
                    1. Water
                    2 Good light food
                    3. A big hug for yourself, stop being disgusted and get in the feel good mindframe that I KNOW you have.
                    4. Keep doing the above over and over :-)
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Thanks, Beth. Yes, I know what to do....it is SO true about being more difficult each time you try to stop. This is really tough this time; I feel much weaker than last time I quit! Maybe I should try to quit smoking at the same time??? Is that unrealistic? If I'm going to be cranky I may as well get all of it out of the way at the same time. My coughing is getting out of hand.

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

greeneyes;734688 wrote: kriggenbottom, concern for you came up in a private conversation yesterday. Perhaps you got the vibe. I'm glad to see you here regardless of what shape you are in. Nourish yourself like you would your grandchild. Hang tight. :l
                        Thanks for the concern, Greenie. I think about all of you lots. I do intend to get thru this!

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Krigs,

I am taking Chantix. The Mayo Clinic convinced me that drinking and smoking can be taken on at the same time.

I believe them.

The Chantix is working very well. I really don't want to smoke. Which is kinda scary, I have smoked for the last 37 years or so....

And, quitting the drink is tough, too.

We can do this, you and I and the myriad people here. We can and we will.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

startingover;734694 wrote: Krigs! I am so glad you posted. You know how much it helps.
                            Now, here are your orders
                            1. Water
                            2 Good light food
                            3. A big hug for yourself, stop being disgusted and get in the feel good mindframe that I KNOW you have.
                            4. Keep doing the above over and over :-)
                            I will take your orders to heart, Starty. I made a big pot of french onion soup yesterday and was so full of beer that I didn't eat dinner or have any soup....crazy me. I'll go home for lunch and pop some under the broiler with crusty bread and cheese. Doesn't that sound great! I am drinking water as we speak. Thanks, especially, for the hugs; they are very much appreciated! Love, Kriggy

Comment

Disappointed In Myself

Cinders;734703 wrote: Krigs,

I am taking Chantix. The Mayo Clinic convinced me that drinking and smoking can be taken on at the same time.

I believe them.

The Chantix is working very well. I really don't want to smoke. Which is kinda scary, I have smoked for the last 37 years or so....

And, quitting the drink is tough, too.

We can do this, you and I and the myriad people here. We can and we will.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              Thanks for the support, Cindi....I think I will try dropping the cigs along with going AF. I tried the Chantix but it made me really anxious and kinda depressed so I stopped it. We can do this together, I know. I am gathering myself up for the fight. Krigs

Comment

Working...
                              X