Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'whispers' are getting more vocal and loud

Hi all!

Starting day 10 now (wow, two digit day) and I'm finding yesterday and today the mind games are starting to be stronger. You know, that voice in your head that says you can't go on forever not drinking...you can have one..:upset:
    I would have thought by now they'd get weaker. I am doing all that you suggested
    *remembering the dumb things I've done
    *keeping in mind the good reasons to continue
    *eating healthy and drinking lots of water

I have not read the book My Way Out yet. I don't take the supplements.
    I'll get the book, but what supplement do you find the MOST helpful?

:thanks: DLA
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there DLA
    I find Lglutamine the most helpful. It seems to keep cravings at bay for me and loads of others.
    Drinking thoughts do get weaker over time, but the early days can be a bit of a roller coaster. Keep at it, it really is very worth it.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks startingover, I know it is so worth it ..I haven't felt this good and clear for such a long time.
      I really really really badly want to remain AF forever!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last night someone at the Thanksgiving dinner had so much to drink, and I saw myself in him and was so thankful I kept my promise to myself for another day/night.

Can you buy this Lglutamine at any health food store?
      DLA
      Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Keep those thoughts in your head :-)

Yep, you can buy it from any health shop. Have a look in the body building section if you cant see it elsewhere.

I also found Kudzu to help too, I got that from this site.

Comment

I'm trying..trust me, I'm trying..

Finally really checked out the FAQ section, and it mentioned Evening Primrose Oil. Looked in my medicine cabinet...sounded familiar, and voila! A whole big bottle.
          Haven't read anything here online that I can remember about it..do you use it?
          Guess I should type it in the search area...
          Sir Walter Scott

Comment

No I dont use it now, but have in the past to keep my PMS under control :-)
            I believe its good for the nervous system in general. But stick it into google you will get loads of info.
            If you can get the lglut and a huge craving is bothering you, you can open a capsule and put some of the powder under your tongue, works wonders....

Comment

I alse use lots and lots of L-Glut.

The https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html is also of immense value.

Work on your daily plan, and change those bad habits.

Stay close to MWO - we're here for you. And the best of luck - life can only get better and better
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Congrats on day 10!

I use kudzu daily and take an L-glut when the cravings get strong. I found the mind games, that voice in my head telling me to go ahead and take a drink, to be really strong last week around day 14 or so. I also found myself talking out loud to myself, to those thoughts in order to banish them! Sounds crazy, but those thoughts can BE crazy.

I have gone back to the tool box many times too as tip mentioned. Keep putting healthy food and lots of water in your body and focus on healing.

Stay strong!

Comment

L-glute! You can get it at dept stores like wal-mart in big jars cheap.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

So am jumping in the shower and heading off to Walmart after this post greeneyes.

Checked the expiry date of the Evening Primrose startingover...2007. I guess I should go and buy some new fresh ones. Damn, and the bottle is full!!!

tiptronic_ct-how much do you take. I just got off google to research both and understand there can be more side effects with l-glute.

Day 11 now FindingMyself woohoo and I've read numerous times on this site that the 14 day mark is a trigger for many. So going to arm myself a little better!!

:thanks: for all the support
                    DLA
                    Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Dry, I take a teaspoon of lglute once a day (5000mgs) I would suggest you take that dose twice a day or more if you have cravings. Tip takes even more than that.
                      Oh and get yourself some more EPO :-) The Omegas are also good for keeping your nerves in good order too.
                      Well done on DAY 11! You are rocking it!

Comment

I take up to 18 000mg a day.

You're sounding very positive! Good going
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi there,

Didn't catch the Omega suggestion startingover before I left.
                          I have Omega 3 eggs Does that count??
                          Picked up some brand spanking new EPO though.

Went to Walmart greeneyes and in this city at least, they have no idea
                          what I was talking about. So I found a GNC in the Mall, and they
                          had caplets which I didn't want and the guy advised against, or this
                          big honking bottle of...Micronized L-glut. I got the big one. Hope it
                          tastes ok....certainly wasn't cheap..but I figure with all the money I
                          haven't spent on alcohol it's a good investment.

tiptronic_ct.., did I read that right, 18 THOUSAND? wow...do you get
                          any headaches? That's what I had read about side effects, and upset stomach.

:thanks: again DLA :h
                          Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Any food that boosts your Omega level is a great idea DLA and I believe that eggs are good for you liver too!

Comment

Working...
                            X