hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

I have been an alcoholic for all of my life. I am just now coming to terms with what I need to do to overcome this addiction. I wake up everyday telling myself that today will be the day I quit. I think we all know how that goes. I have been through detox and have stopped drinking for extended periods of time. The problem that occurs with me is when I am told that I can't do it again. It is hard for a person to be told that they can't do something, and that is why I keep relapsing. I know I need help and I am hoping that this forum will give me the opportunity to achieve that. Thank you.

hello

Hello pjp

I understand how you feel being told you can't do something, but it bites feeling like your caught in an endless loop starting every-day telling yourself never again; I hate that! You and only you can make the decision on what needs to be done with your drinking. I was scared to death because I couldn't control my drinking and felt helpless and alone for a long time. Now I know I'm not alone and many are struggling just like me. I'm fighting my personal battles daily, and right now don't have much to offer. I do know I'm so much better now than I've been in years. You should be proud that you have been able to peridically stop drinking because every little bit helps. Stick with us here and if you haven't ready MYO please do so, that book and this forum are so powerful.

Tah tah for now, spacie

Comment

Working...
    X