Not feeling good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not feeling good

Good lord, I feel like total crap. This is not good at all! I am doing the tapering thing and have had a few glasses of wine, but despite that, have the classic withdrawal symptoms-and much worse than usual. Today is kind of day 2 of tapering (it's hard to say exactly when you don't cut yourself off completely); tomorrow should be painful as well, yes? Maybe by Tuesday...

Thanks to all of you for your ongoing support of me and each other. I don't know if I can do this, but I surely know I couldn't without you all. Have been reading posts all day long!

Ann

Not feeling good

HI CFW,
    I am sorry that you are suffering. It must be terrible to be trying to do something good for yourself and feel so bad. Do know, that after you are over this part, there is a reward in it for you. You will not always feel like this. This is a transition period that is part of the bridge that you must cross. Kind of like the pot at the end of the rainbow. Stick w/ it. Keep posting here for support. There is plenty of it and there are many of the members here who understand and know what you are going through. Prayers for a better tomorrow. SG
    AF since 2/4/10
    Nicotine free since 3/31/10
    FINALLY FREE

Comment

Not feeling good

Hi CFW. Dont know what time it is where you are at. Could you go for a walk maybe? or clean the bathroom? or just do something other than wonder about how much worse things are going to get! Ring a friend, clean the windows....and soon it will be gone. Drink lots of water!

Comment

Not feeling good

Hi CFW,

Do you have a quite date set? I tapered off over 6 days and quite on the 7th. It's a difficult way to go but I was drinking so much I was afraid of quiting cold turkey. Hopefully you'll be able to quite by Tuesday and then you can really start to get all the alcohol out of your system. Make sure you drink lots of water and try to eat something. Once you get all the alcohol out of your system, you will start feeling better. You can do this. Hang in there.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Not feeling good

Thanks to you all. I have been AF before and remember how good it felt, but it's hard to keep that in the forefront when you're trying not to throw up! But keeping busy will help and I have work tomorrow (work from home), so that's a major distraction. I know so many others on this site are experiencing this exact same mess tonight, or did so recently.
          Hugs to all!

Ann

Comment

Working...
          X