Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday September 21

Hi guys,
    This morning's post is gonna be a weird one. Its gonna be the post that wasn't actually a post. The kinda post that who ever was doin the posting was so pooped out that a post couldn't come out commonly referred to as postapation. Has anyone suffered from this ailment? I heard about something called ex-post but couldn't find it at the store. So I guess I'm stuck! (no pun ment....really)
    So today is a free post day.
    Love ya all...I'm goin to bed. mayor gabbington
    Gabby :flower:

Thursday September 21

Couldn't wait until morning to reply, although that doesn't mean I need another motorhome. (I will consider a hot tub or a home gym, however..) Postapation??? I like that a great deal.. I have had several cases of postapation, particularly late at night when I am tired, Mayor Gabbington.

You have had a hard day, Your Honor. Please rest well and take care of yourself!!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday September 21

Good morning Absville..Whats going on with the little icons at the bottom of each post?
      Not stopping long, gotta wake the kids up for school in a sec.
      Just slept from 9pm till now...I havn't done that for years, the last time was proberly when my Mum and Dad sent me to bed for doing something wrong.
      Postapation...They should put that in the dictionary!!!
      Be back soon , have a good day all Macks
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday September 21

Good morning- I think I'm moving in slow motion today.
        Today is flying home day though so I'm happy about that.
        My good friend told me last nigt that the guy she has been dating for 2 monts is the 'one'- so happy for her.

I want to go back to 'take care of yourself' day. Can we do that? I'd like to do something nice for me- maybe that will be my project on the plane home

Well, I'd better get going. Hope you all have a great Thursday!!
        Lisa

Comment

Thursday September 21

Good morning all.
          Lisa going home..good for you. I will travel home tomorrow after a week on the road. It has been a challenge to stay AF, but so far so good.
          Have a great day y'all.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hey Good for you Lisa! Of course you get to take care of yourself! Where in Absville did you get the idea that you shouldn't take care of yourself??? Now of course, we don't advocate the use of ALCOHOL for said self care, but other than that.....:H

Ditto to you Phil, good job! I hope you have a great trip home, and a hearty congratulations to you. Also, I wanted to tell you that it is nice to see you around here. I hope you'll want to stay a bit!

Good morning, Mr. Macks. It's good to see you. Do I recall correctly that you are going to be the Mayor for this weekend??? I sure hope so!!!

I have the time to finish up the flags this morning, then it's on to cleaning up the house for my sister to arrive this weekend with all of her stuff! Yikes!! Also I have to call my mom. I spoke with her last night, and it looks like she might be having an attack of gallstones. She is away from New York, visiting with HER sister, and I hope she is following up for herself. Always too much to do!

I will say that I'm happier to have to face it with a clear, sober, and well-rested mind, though. That's the silver lining, I suppose, although mostly what I feel right now is overwhelmed!!!

To everyone who comes along later, I wish you a great day!!

Hugs,

Kathy:l

Comment

Thursday September 21

Boy Absville is really quiet again today, too. Everyone come out of the woodwork, please!! XOXOXOX!

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hi All

Rough day. This is the first day that I have not been on appointments, etc. Now I need to start doing all the work that I have accumulated and just don't want to.

I haven't jumped back on the ABS wagon yet. I've been doing okay - only one or two drinks tops before I fall asleep. I need to start taking the supps and get back into the CDs every day and do what exercise I can. I keep putting it off "one more day".

I really need a day to take care of myself but feel too darn guilty to do that. Everywhere I look is something that needs to be done, for someone else. There are many benefits to working out of your home, and many disadvantages, one being that your work is always there.

What I'm trying to do to shake myself out of this funk is to remember all the good stuff about my six weeks of abs and make a list. I'm swimming toward the top but haven't quite gotten there yet.

Being the obsessive, compulsive, all-or-nothing personality that I am, and many of us are, I have to overcome that hurdle. Have done it before, will do it again!

Barb

Comment

Thursday September 21

YoungAtHeart:

OK! OK! Thought I would pop in, and say hello.

Abstinence day 281. I hate doing that. I don't even like that way of counting anymore. I prefer today is day one of a better future. Tomorrow will be day one of a better future, and so on....

I gulped a ton of vitamins and things at lunch today. I don't think I will do the phenibut today. Seems like its hitting a saturation point quickly, and I just don't feel the need coming on like the last couple of days.

Tonight is season premiere of CSI, one of my favorite shows on TV next to "House".

I will do stretches, and maybe some pushups and situps on the floor in front of the screen this evening, and have an early bedtime right after the show.

So there! I came out of the woodwork!

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hey Gabby, postapation huh? Do you need that with some fresh juice or something?? You are so silly sometimes and thank you for that. I hope you are rested now.

Kathy, sounds like you have your hands full for a while. I haven't been around the family except my son's wedding recently, so I envy and don't envy you, it you understand my drift there. I'm sure that it will all be fine and you'll have a great time.

Macks....good for you for sleeping like that. You've been working quite hard lately so I'm sure that you needed it!

xtexan, welcome! I'm really glad the phenibut helped. I don't use it all the time anymore so perhaps it's just one of those wonderful things that can help close the gap and increase a shortfall...whatever it is, I'm glad that you're doing so well and inspiring/helping so many others.

Barb, you'll get there when you are ready...try to remember how you got to your first 6 weeks and perhaps something that clicked then will click again, but any lessened consumption is better than full on imbibing.

Phil and Lisa...congrats and stay strong. I know that travel was a real big trigger for me because I just loved to relax with a glass of wine and meet fascinating strangers, whether it was in the airport or the hotel.

Lisa, I gave my Pat O's shirt to my daughter so I'll have to go back and get another and see if they know how to make a virgin hurricane. Too bad Katrina was packing a full punch. I was still devastated at the change when I went back December 2005 to sell my home...memories...

Geez, back to the fun stuff, still working on staying on the cleanse but I'm hitting major cravings...I think it's the full moon...work is getting silly and it's even tough to slip away each hour and a half to take my herbs and shakes on schedule and that is just really insane...so, this weekend and maybe Friday, I'm going full bore, locking myself in and just having the herbs and shakes!!!

This is Day 18 of this and I just don't want to stop now nor will I...(that's just me pulling energy from the surrounding air )

Happy day to all of the others who return or are posting!

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hi to everyone

Xtex, do you like House? Excellent.. Do you know that Hugh Laurie ( who plays House ) is an English comedian? Convinces me as being American... dunno what you think.
                      Have you ever see Blackadder with Rowan Atkinson? Well Hugh Laurie was his side-kick - also Stephen Fry - who is SO clever - he hosts a show called QI - Quite interesting. But he knows the in's and outs of EVERYTHING.

Hope evryone is ok today here...

Love
                      Liz
                      xxxxx
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hi guys,
                        cv....tryin brussels. See how that goes. : )
                        We'll mack hasnt confirmed for this weekend's mayor job. So Bambs says she'll take on the job. And CV I'm hopein when things slow down you take some mayor time too. Startin now there is a mayors mansion. It just appeared outta nowhere. Stocked with everything. Of course no alcohol. So have fun breakin it in Bambs. I'm buried in paperwork...I'll check in later.
                        Hi xtexan, barb, phil, lisa, kathy and mack. hugs gabby
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday September 21

Liz:

Oh yes, Hugh Laurie is a master of the American accent. He was very British in the remake of "Flight of the Phoenix". I also saw his appearance on "The Actors Studio", where he was talking about how he fooled everyone during an audition. When he spoke, the casting people said, "Now THATS what an American is supposed to sound like!" They didn't even know of his history on "Black Adder".

Myself, I can imitate several accents. My UK specialty is the Paul McCartney cockney, that I picked up from watching "Yellow Submarine" a few times. Also do German, and several American regions. Boston New England is a lot of fun, as is Minnesota aka "Fargo". Anything but TENNESSEE!! It took me a while to get rid of the Texas drawl, but now I speak almost no accent at all, and consciously try for the Edwin Newman style diction and enunciation clarity while I speak.

Comment

Thursday September 21

Please pray for my son. He called last night right at that terrible point where we've all been, ready to admit that he couldn't keep drinking and ready to move on into a new phase and scared to death--throwing up too, actually. It's a new experience to hear your son throw up long distance from Japan. My husband has been sober for over 20 years (AA) and he talked to him for a long time. Then, he wanted to talk to me, so I told him about MWO, but I worry that the Japanese don't appear to have a lot of programs for alcoholics. This has been a long day for me. Poor guy is so demoralized and scared, and he hasn't found those helpers and angels that are waiting for him. It makes me sad. He may show up here. I gave him the address. But he'll have to get here on his own. I can't make it happen.

Comment

Thursday September 21

In my prayers

Sophiah, you and your familty are in my prayers. It is horrible to feel so helpless about your children. I pray for him.

:h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X