Come Visit..You might read something useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi..I started using My Way Out last year, and I still take several of the supplements to this day. (no topamax) I am doing AA now, in addition. It was good place for me to start addressing some of the issues I was facing and also to acknowledge privately to myself where I was still in denial.

I write a blog for a big website, and I wanted to share it here. In particular, on my blog, My Story in Five Parts , which I talk about my history of drinking. Maybe it would sound familiar to some of you and let you know you are not alone.

Hiope to see some of you stop by.

Take care.

Jen

Stay at Home Motherdom

Hi Jen, I have just read your blog - yep all five parts and yes fully relate!!!!! Haven't got to the stage where I am admitting to everyone else that I am 'alcoholic' yet, but I know deep down that me and alcohol just DO NOT GET ON!! I'm your age too which is kinda interesting. I reckon that being in your twenties is completely different to being in your thirties. In my twenties, everyone was getting a little pissed ( well most of my mates anyway - and yes, then I would of thought it strange if they weren't) - yeah I know - not good!
    But being in your thirties, well, it just doesn't fit so good anymore and I can not STAND the hangovers!! I am a signwriter for gods sake - I have to have a steady hand and I soooooo do not. Just did 18 days alcohol free and had a week of getting right back on the booze (massive slip) and yes you are right, you just go right back on in there at the level you were at, if not higher.......sigh. Well done on your sobriety. I let mine slip cause I wasn't doing what you described - put your sobriety before anything else - because if you don't, you may lose.....
    Best wishes
    Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Keep plugging along, Amelia. Try to keep yourself from worrying about the future.

Peace,

Jen

AMELIA wrote: Hi Jen, I have just read your blog - yep all five parts and yes fully relate!!!!! Haven't got to the stage where I am admitting to everyone else that I am 'alcoholic' yet, but I know deep down that me and alcohol just DO NOT GET ON!! I'm your age too which is kinda interesting. I reckon that being in your twenties is completely different to being in your thirties. In my twenties, everyone was getting a little pissed ( well most of my mates anyway - and yes, then I would of thought it strange if they weren't) - yeah I know - not good!
      But being in your thirties, well, it just doesn't fit so good anymore and I can not STAND the hangovers!! I am a signwriter for gods sake - I have to have a steady hand and I soooooo do not. Just did 18 days alcohol free and had a week of getting right back on the booze (massive slip) and yes you are right, you just go right back on in there at the level you were at, if not higher.......sigh. Well done on your sobriety. I let mine slip cause I wasn't doing what you described - put your sobriety before anything else - because if you don't, you may lose.....
      Best wishes
      Amelia

Comment

Working...
      X