X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clucking Bell! HELP!!!!!Slipping now!

Yep that's right!

I'm slipping as of now! Not sure why!
    Someone say something to pull me into line PLEASE!
    Chook

See that little boy in the picture? He doesn't need you to be drinking. He needs you sober. Pour the shit down the drain and get yourself some tea and something to eat. You'll feel better for it later if you stop now, instead of kicking your own butt for lapsing. If you can't do anything else, go to bed and try to sleep for awhile.

Just knock off the booze. I'm telling you what to do, but it's up to you to do it. So get moving!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Dearest ChickenNumber3

Please remember why you found this site. Remember how TERRIFIC you felt being AF.
      You've done it, I read your 'My Moderate Meanderings' thread with great interest.
      I'm so glad you're reaching out for help, because there are many on here
      who can and will. I don't know I can, other than just letting you know I'm
      wishing you well, willing you on, and rooting for you. Stay strong!!

DLA
      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
      Sir Walter Scott
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks!

Not going to analyse anything now..feel SAD! not sure why?
        keep thinking about my Dad for some reason!
        Young- that is my lil chick Loren! ( I don't have colour preferences at that age LOL!) but you are SO right! That is my first born looking up at her Dad! and I find it inspiring, cause that are what Dad's are supposed to be!
        That is what my Dad was for me...how many times did he come to my rescue? How dissapointed would he be now?? Maybe,maybe not?
        DLA- thanks,you just made me cry! But thanks,I will be okay, just slip, or blip on the radar! I'm still new at this, still trying hard!
        Chook

Comment

(((Chook)))

Heck hon, if you can't think of no booze for the day take smaller goals. No booze for an hour, you can always drink then......and when you reach that hour, same goal, or you may just not have that sad feeling at that time and won't be so tempted.

You know hon, it's okay to feel sad, it's natural, feeling emotions is a big trigger for me too. But you know when we feel them without "aid" they really don't kill us. And each time we do, it gets easier because we have done it before and it was hard but doable.

Good job for reaching out!:goodjob::l

Comment

Hello my dear Chicken,
            Your dad wouldn't be disappointed in you--from what you have written before about him, he has been a very loving, supportive and encouraging dad. He would be that for you now, too. Maybe saying, "It's okay--it's not you--you're just going through a tough time right now--you have been strong before and you will be strong again--I love you with all my heart,no matter what."

Sometimes when I think of my parents being disappointed in me, I put myself in their shoes. Would I be disappointed in my boys? No. I would be concerned for them. I would feel guilty about any influence I would have had on them to have led them to the choices they made. I might be scared for them if it was really bad. But most of all I would trust and love them and never would want them to feel I was disappointed in them. Just like you would do for your girls and your dad did for you.

Hang in there, girl. It won't always feel this way.:l
            Open:h
            "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Chickie
              Take a deep breath. feel the cravings or the feelings and remember that is ALL THEY ARE. Another member here used to talk about 'riding out the cravings' like surfing. This too will pass- promise. You clearly don't want to drink because you asked for help. Listen to your heart. It will tell you the right thing to do. Keep posting and you can do it.
              xx
              -Sheep

Comment

hart!!

Thanks! Right now..I think I am missing my Dad! He died almost 5 years ago,but I think maybe because I had PND at the time and was on medication..and also drinking, this was never processed properly!

Can I just say to all the men out there..."you are more important than you know!" (My Dad was a distant/workaholic..but even now I still miss him! Go figure!)
                Thanks again (I will shut up in a tick, just needed to vent!)
                Chook

Comment

Cross-posted Sheepish!

That's what my Mum says, "This too shall pass!"
                  Thanks with big hugs!
                  You guys are awesome!
                  Chook

Comment

Okay!
                    I'm fine!
                    Should not have posted here! Was feeling a bit.....LOST......but am okay!
                    No worries!
                    There are others in need..I am COOL now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Chook

Comment

Chickie
                      Of course you should have posted here-that is what it is for...I think. and you are ok now- So it worked.
                      Yay and good on you
                      xxx
                      -SHeep

Comment

I'm glad you are doing better, Chook. I miss my parents a lot too. Sometimes the feelings just come up; it doesn't matter how long it's been.

Keep up the good work, and it is good that you posted.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Chook, Can you check in, and let us (me) know how you are doing?
                          Ofcourse you should have posted. If you wanted/needed support. That is what we are here for right? To help each other.
                          We have all been there in one way or another.
                          God, for a year or more I struggled to string more than two days AF together. I failed time after time. I posted so distraught sometimes I felt like I was dying. (or maybe it felt like I wanted to...it felt THAT bad)

I am so sorry you are missing your dad. But it is ok to feel that pain. It is a normal part of being a human being. Suffering the loss of someone we love.
                          I don't think I am helping dear Chicken, and sorry if I am rambling on about nothing, but I am here for you, I care, and hope you will check back in.
                          Let us help you through this rough time.
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Chook, I am glad the crisis has passed and that you had some wonderful hands to help you through.
                            Well done for asking for help. Thats a good thing to do and should be applauded...
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Chook, I lost my Daddy at 68, my Momma just a year later. They were my rock, my touchstone for all strong things in this world. I miss Momma, but Daddy and I were thisclose, and his absence in my life is so palpable it makes it hard to breathe sometimes. I measure all men against him, I mourn the loss of the years we should have had. But I have a strong spiritual belief, and I know I will see him again. This doesn't help somedays when I miss him so much, but I always fall back on the things he taught me, more thru actions than words. Because of this, I try to be someone he would be proud of, and I always think "What would Daddy do/say?" We always have them with us, and we are part of them. You are doing a wonderful job of creating a good life for your loved ones, and they will look to you someday, and your life, as their roadmap for d0ing the right thing
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X