Friday Sept. 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Sept. 22nd

I'm off to the great Canadian north for a fishing trip. I don't really fish........ hmmmm.... whatever! It's bonding time with hubby and son and.... mother in law!
    I'll have no cell phone coverage, no computer. Sorry I haven't posted here the last couple days. Been in chat a lot and on the general board. Been drinking a bit too much. Brain said "vacation mode" Bad. Not super bad, but closer to that bottle o' wine pace. Bad enough for 100mg topa. Gotta keep titrating up, but I tell you what, muffins, training for this run and titrating up on topa is a full time job!

Eustancia and Waves, I did run through the thread yesterday and I hope you find comfort and support in the coming days. Love to you and your families. MKR Mary, love to your family as well.

Everyone else, hang tight! Hold on! Be Good! Don't get into any trouble while I'm gone!!!:H I'm SERIOUS!!!
    No naughty muffins!!!!

Will be back next Friday. I'll tell some "fish stories"
    OH: drinking plan: titrating up to 125mg starting sunday. No more than 5 drinks in any 24 hour period while on vacation, or it will be VERY hard to get back to my AF days and my 1-2-3 drinks that I need to be at. (vacations are notoriously like 10plus drink per day ordeals.... can anyone relate to this??? or am I lushier than lush?) I promise to be vigilent. I promise to take supps as planned.

1 month till the race!

Friday Sept. 22nd

Good morning

Good morning all
    This first post has to be quick since I have to get a project out for work this morning but I wanted to say bye to Bec before she goes to the great Canadian North! Wooohooo have fun! And by the way - uhh - am I familiar with the 10 drinks in a day on vacation - hon, I am from Canada - summer-cottage-central - HELLOOOO - YES I CAN RELATE - WE CRACKED BEERS WHEN WE WOKE UP AND DRANK ALL DAY LONG - 10 BEERS WAS A GOOD DAY!!
    JEEPERS (Jeepers??)
    Anyways Bec, have a great one, hon - love ya!
    Everyone else - will post in more detail later!
    :l
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Becca, a whole week you will be gone? How will we/I manage? Sounds heavenly though to be going on vacation. We actualyl own a small cabin in Canada. A big Canadian theme thing going on here. It is my biggest challenge during the summer because like Jenneh said drinking starts early and 10 would be a good day. So do not think for more than a minute that you are the lushiest lush. I believe that title would go to me. Have a great time!!! I will not wear my tiara all week in your absence....

Jen, Mary, Mary Anne, E, Patti, Dilayne, Judie, Laura and whoever else I am forgetting have a good weekend all. I am going to see Elton John in concert tonight so have something to look forward to. Sushi beforehand so will try to keep my drinking at an acceptable level. Next week will be 3 AF days FOR SURE!!!!

Hugs all the way around!!!! Hope you all meet your goals regarding drinking this weekend.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Good morning my sweet friends,

this is thought provoking to me . . waiting on my kingdom!
        The great thing about claiming responsibility for everything that has ever happened to you, is that it doesn't mean you have to explain everything that has ever happened to you, and still, your kingdom will come.

Strange but true -
        ***** The Universe

Becca, have a wonderful time, I think it is great to have some family fun! Waiting on the fish stories, I love to fish, it is so quiet and calm. Perks, fresh fish what a taste treat. Safe trip!

Jenneh, I know you are hanging in there and following your plan good for you.

Soccermom Mary, I agree with you, just knowing the board is here is such super support. I love it!

I have been AF since Monday myself. I am sort of coming to the point where no matter how many triggers my husband zaps with his nonsense, (I believe on purpose, which is quite mature.) it just makes me more determined to go forward and try new ways of dealing with him and them, AF being one of them. I really deserve better treatment, but hey it was great FIL saw his son's "off his meds meanness" so FIL and MIL will totally understand if I decide to walk out . . . again. They got it the first time, but this is in their face kind of stuff and I am not the one stuffing it in their faces. I am totally calm on this realm and that is a first. I am sad about the thoughts of leaving but they return quicker each time he goes off his meds - OK, I said it out loud. I just can not see being 75 and still going through this totally about him thing and his meanness because of depression. I hardly slept last night though so it did get to me!

Things to be happy about:
        You ladies and your wonderful support
        Wonderful sons, true joys to be around, really sweet guys
        My parents are still here
        My girlfriends and their support
        AF, low blood pressure and no prevacid now, lost inches and stronger muscles
        My wonderfully clear eyes and skin
        Great biz that I love to work at

Gotta run have an early conference call. All that I have not addressed personally, just know I love you and hope you are having an excellent day!

Hugs and Love,
        Mary

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Hey Lusc/Molly - whereabouts is your cabin in Canada? COOL!

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Hi MKR Mary
            We must have posted at the same time. I am sorry to hear about your husband's negativity. Last night, my husband was also quite negative. He can also be pretty controlling. I know he is just concerned about drinkig etc. but it gets to the point that sometimes I think he is just picking a fight for no reason. I would give an example from last night, but I dont want to take away from you right now...
            Anyways, Mary, I just wanted to say that I know where you are coming from. I too have been thinking a lot about my relationship and wondering if this is someone I can really see spending the rest of my days with.....
            Sad thoughts but we have to be realistic and do what is best for us right?
            Big hug to you, our shining star!
            Love jen

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Oh Ladies, I am sorry you have man problems. Mary, I have only been posting a short time so I do not know the history of you and your husband but it sounds like you have a lot to deal with. I am so impressed you have been AF all week!!!!! That is just incredible especially if you are living with such a big trigger. It also sounds like you have so many other facets of your life that are so wonderful and for that you are lucky. Jenneh, I am sorry for you as well. When I bitch about my husband our issues really have to do more with me and my issues and not so much with him. I really met a good match for my personality and I need to learn to be more thankful for it. I hope you both can work things out in your relationship to where you are happy. Life is just too short to be living with someone who brings you down.

Jen, our cabin is on Harrison Lake in Harrison Hot Springs. It is a little slice of heaven, despite a few too many mice. I would love to spend a whole summer up there but I think I would sit and drink too much so have settled for long weekends and one two week trip during the summer. I feel very lucky to have it.

Have a good weekend!

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Mornin all

Good morning everyone,

Going to do a "jump around session" Just wanted to make a quick hello.

Have a great time Becca, sorry I missed you on chat.

Ladies, I feel bad that your husband's are so negative. I was married to one of those. Just couldn't take it... Been divorced for 9 years.

Hey Lush, your cabin is about 45 minutes from where I live.. Imagine that....

Have a great day all.

Jeanette

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Jeannette, welcome. I saw you were from Chilliwack and was going to mention something. Small world. Beautiful place that's for sure. Wish I was up there right now! Have a good weekend.....

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Oh Lusc
                    My eyes filled with tears when you said where your cabin is. I have been there. I love BC - I used to live in Victoria and my dream is to live there again. That is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth as far as I am concerned.

Jen

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Hey everyone...sounds like I'm in good company regarding the husband. My husband is a good man, and I do love him..he is kind and gentle, but he is very immature and irresponsible. Now that the kids are grown and I've come to know myself better, I also can't see a future with him unless a miracle occurs. I haven't told him yet but I've talked to my therapist, a friend, my mother and my sister and have told them all that I want to separate..I think I'm dead serious now..I'll be open to continue to work on the relationship in hopes that the separation will help him deal with some things that he obviously can't deal with while I'm here..and I need the space desperately...

I drank a bottle of wine again last night...need to listen to the CDs today and take the supplements. I'm trying to pull some money together to put a deposit on a house for rent..I found something very suitable that I could afford. Now that I've made up my mind, I need to take action..and of course, money is an issue!

Exhaling....

Sorry to be a downer...hope everyone has a good AIM weekend...I think I've had all the wine I want for a while..

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Oh Dilayne, I am sorry. This is so sad this morning with all of the husband issues. It sounds like you have given this MUCH thought, however, and know what is best for you. I hope you will be okay.......

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Thanks Lush..you are so kind. Very sad indeed..he will be devastated.

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Hi all!

Sorry to hear about all the hubby issues gals, It is a bummer, Dylaine, MKR Mary, everyone else....I will hope and pray it all gets worked out if possible.:upset:

As for a cabin in Canada, boy you guys are making me jealous!! We used to have one in PA in the mountains when I was young and I have such awesome memories of it!!

Drinking 10 beers/day when on vacation, can relate to that too (as being "good") Waking up and cracking one open is more along my line of thought......... we are all so alike in so many ways.

Well, hope you all are doing well, last night went well, sushi was nice, saki great too, feeling good today, then again it is FRIDAY!!! YEAH!!! :wd:

everyone have a super weekend, if I don't touch base it just means I am busy having fun at my hubby's birthday party or riding!

Comment

Friday Sept. 22nd

Hey Ya'll! Just gonna pop in & say "Mornin!" Friday is my loonnnggg day @ work so I'm gonna be "Rude Jude"... and do a generic post... everyone have a great weekend! Don't kill anyone... unless ya have to!:H

I'll try & behave as well... keep in mind... there ARE a lot of diff types of behavior... :l Judie
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X