PDA

View Full Version : Tao of Sobriety

October 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
'I love the way the authors put into perspective the voices in our heads. I"m still struggling for sure but I find their message sticking with me and it helps.

peacenik
October 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
im going to check this out...thanks schaefer!

Marshy
November 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I'm reading this and really enjoying it. Schaefer, I agree that it's an interesting interpretation about the negative voices.
I like the overall tone of the book too - it's uplifting and lighthearted rather than preachy.

TranqWilly
November 19th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I've read it too. I liked the tone and the attitude of the book as well. It wasn't really heavy in spirituality - it was just the right amount of practicality and spirit.

This book helped to springboard me into further readings about Zen and meditation - I've found it helpful in understanding things about myself.

Take care.
tw

Marshy
July 19th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Bumpity bump.

Definitely worth a look. I'm rereading this. Second time I've ordered it from the library. They must think I'm a hopeless case :H:H

The Tao of Sobriety: Helping You to Recover from Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Amazon.co.uk: G. Alan Marlatt, David Gregson, Jay S. Efran: Books (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tao-Sobriety-Helping-Recover-Addiction/dp/0312242506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279551828&sr=1-1)