Having a Pity Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a Pity Party

Feeling a little down today. My son is home from college for my ex's wedding. My daughter and my son are gone off this weekend to be in the wedding. Here I am alone in more ways than one. Thought I would go to the store to get stuff to make chocolate mousse, but bought a bottle of red wine last night. Drank it, worked on some pastels and had myself a little pity party. It's a gloomy rainy day and of course I'm feeling a bit down. Aargh...it's exhausting sometimes. I know its my own fault and mentally I would have been better off if I would have just got the chocolate mousse!

Everything I need is within me!

Having a Pity Party

It's so easy to let ourselves down isn't it, I did yesterday, feeling better now though. There's something about gloom and rain together that is quite dispiriting, we get a lot of that here in the winter.

Do you have any plans today? Mine is to be kind to myself and to make that a habit!
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Hiya Brighty.
      I think there is something in the air at the mo, there are quite a few of us feeling crappy just now.
      Anyway, you arent alone, nurture yourself a bit right now and know that feeling bad will pass. Take the opportunity to perhaps enjoy your solitude for the weekend :-)
      Oh and enjoy that choccy mousse!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Having a Pity Party

can I join in and feel sorry for myself too, the weather doesnt help, its so dark and wet here, clocks change this weekend too so it will be dark by 5 in the evening, never mind Im going to make the xmas pud and cake tomorrow, that always cheers me up, love and hugs to all Tawnywitch
        Twitch

Comment

Having a Pity Party

:boohoo:i am feeling down also so i want to be invited please,must say though i had a great laugh yesterday in the army thread,it should be called the lunatic thread:H so that helped me a lot,also this morning went for a long drive,tonight i have my tv,a book and of course here. :sulk:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Having a Pity Party

I am with ya tawny :H
            This weather really doesnt help but lets look on the bright side , in 58 days the days start getting longer

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Group Hug

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Aww...thanks guys! Starty....your avatar alone makes me smile! And the photo is just too darn cute!

Cleaned house, did laundry....bedsheets smell like lavender now...aaahhh. Maybe I'll read and cook later. The sun will come out tommorrow.....Literally, I think we are supposed to have sun tommorrow. Group hug to all too.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Sometimes we just need to have a pity party .. I've had a few lately myself .... the last one being on Thanksgiving ... Background: Husband left in August ... The "usual" Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws happened and I was not invited .. so I had to sit at home while my kids went ... *sigh* .... It suuuuuucks.

My counsellor, who I've seen a couple of times so far - so it's still all new to me - said that now is the time to make new traditions ... Have my own Thanksgiving thing ... or what ever works. Christmas should be interesting.

P.s... It's gloomy here in NS, Canada today too ... Pleh.
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Having a Pity Party

That was yesterday bright. Over, done, let it go. :l
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Starting over I LOVE those kitties thank you
                      Twitch

Comment

Having a Pity Party

I can't come to your Party , I'm kinda in a fog and need to get out before I do something I'll regret ! I wish you all felt better , sending hugs:l love , Em
                        Non Drinker 9/09
                        Non Smoker 6/09
                        Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Having a Pity Party

Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
                          Simulateur de credit simulation pret immobilier | Simulateur credit simulation de pret immobilier | Simulateur de credit immo

Comment

Having a Pity Party

hugpetcu;751254 wrote: Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
                            :ignore:
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Having a Pity Party

JackieClaire;751268 wrote: :ignore:
                              the spammer is back

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X