Grr, feeling the urge..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grr, feeling the urge..

Okay, it's Sunday afternoon, around 4pm. The bottle shop closes at 5. There are others open later, but i'm thinking about the cheap one. I want to have lasagne for dinner tonight. Have most of the ingedients at home, but need to to go Supermarket to get more. Have beer in fridge which will go in sauce. BUT! Am dying for a bottle of wine... Arggggh, the urge! I have stayed at home, trying to beat the urge, because i know if i go out and want one, i will get it...

Advantages: it will put me in a temporary haze, it is familiar, had a shit day and am bored.

Disadvantages: the same old same old feeling, i will be hungover tomorrow, i will probably send abusive txt msg's to the ex again, i will end up hating myself, i could cause myself damage...

Okay, 3 deep breaths... even through all the rationalisations, i am still erring on the edge of getting one. Will let you know later what i did.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Grr, feeling the urge..

Okay, have come home 30 mins later. Nearly ran back out of the house again to quickly go to bottle shop. Right now, am drinking glass of soda and lime... Bring on 9:30pm, that's when i'm sure the witching hr will be over for me :P
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

Well done!! I know how tough it is but you did SOOOO well not to give in. By imagining how I will be if I drink... the behaviour, the hangover, the anxieties etc... it does help with the urges. I have heard it called 'playing the tape though'. This imagery helps for me. Enjoy the lasagne!
      Dora

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

well done you, wish I was that strong
        Twitch

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

I was so close to the razor's edge 2nite... for the first time in so long. Not booze, the rope.
          Alone
          Hopeless
          Bereft
          Thank the God I don't believe in for MYO__________________
          Rhianon helped so beautifully. Once in a million years a lady like her flys by...
          Thanks TW and CinderPrincess
          Long Road
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

congrats on making it through. as a wise man here told me, those are just thoughts...only thoughts...think about your thinking.

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

Change, you DID it. Just yell back at that "voice" in your head and say go away and don't come back. Good job.

Winefree

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

change, well done!! am new here, how did you get over these painful hours...

Comment

Grr, feeling the urge..

Good job Change- reading that sounds soooo much like me and how my little nagging brain works when I am craving wine. I'm glad you did it! I bet you feel awesome! And i know you don't miss the hangover. Keep doing what you're doing

Comment

Working...
                  X