Good Mornin! Sat the 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be right... I'm the first on board today? Wow... maybe I'd better go check the news & make sure some catastrophic event hasn't occured...!
    Just waking up to a beautiful day here... I have a bit of a headache... but have had one for the past couple of days... I think it's "Hormone-related"... Busy, busy, busy day & night @ work yesterday... but very fruitfull... so much for the tourist season winding down...

Had planned on drinking a few glasses of wine after work... but layed down instead... much better idea!:h :l

Since the sun is shining, I'm gonna go plant some flowers I bought last week ... still haven't accepted winter's coming yet!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm working straight thru till tues this week.. WHAAA.. but I'll be checkin in here & there... Hugs, Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Happy Saturday all mods!

An email came to me on Good Karma - Instructions for Life

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

3. Follow the three R's:
    ?Respect for self,
    ?Respect for others and
    ?Responsibility for all your actions.

4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.

7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

8. Spend some time alone every day.

9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

15. Be gentle with the earth.

16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

Jenneh, Becca and Molly - These Canadian cabins sound so wonderful ladies! sounds like a lot of great memories. I have always thought that the NE US in fall would just be a picture perfect little vacation, imagine you have wonderful fall weather yourselves.
    Judie would probably agree with me. There was an article in the NY Times this week on vintage clothing Judie. I thought of you and your wonderful "finds" last week.

Mary Anne, glad to see you back. Sushi and Sake sound great about now!

Rachele, hope you are feeling great today.

Trish you too.

Eustacia, hope all is going better for you and you will get some wonderful time with your FIL.

Soccermom, Mary, Finally the weekend, hope it is a good one. Hang in there dear lady.

Ellen, where are you?

JS, welcome aboard, when you have time, tell us about yourself.

Waves, I think you are coming to the place where you are seeing all your triggers, can't be easy around all the people drinking. You can do this!

Dilayne, I am sorry about your situation. It does take a lot of thought and it sounds like this was not an overnight process with you. We all have to do what is right for us. I did leave mine about 4 years ago for over a year. He then went out and sought therapy and depression meds. I didn't talk to him for about 3 months. This just really made the impact on him that he needed to get on the meds and the therapy was wonderful. My divorce attorney said 85% of the time especially when it had escalated to these proportions people do not get back together. Hubby was a nicer guy on his meds than when I said yes I would marry him. What's not to love about that situation?

Was reading Ellen Barkin's story in NY times yesterday and she mentioned her situation with Ron Perelman was that one where, he was attracted to her but once he married her, he wanted to change those very qualities, such as independence, that he was crazy about before. It is that power struggle.

I went home last night curled up in bed after work and just laid there and cried. It was about time I just let it all go. I think the issue that pushed me over the edge however has been my husband's inability to stay on his meds. Without them, he only has self to consider as though I am not on this journey with him. I have found over time though he is much like a child that pushes the boundaries and always wants to test them. . . especially mine. I went about my evening pretty much ignoring him and staying in my own little world in response to his behavior the past couple days. He went out of his way last night and this morning to be attentive and nice. (I simply am trying to figure out if this is emotional abuse at it's manipulative best or if he is saying I am really sorry for being an A__ __ hole and want to make it up to you.) Just watching and waiting. As I mentioned before when he tosses those triggers out consistently any more I become even more determined to not give in to drinking. So AF last night. Judie, I didn't kill him . . . yet!!

Jenneh, thanks so much for the private support, you are wonderfully dear to me!

How's this for a book?!!!

Back in here to make a few ads, gather up my illustration material and take it back home. Dilayne, I get a few hand illustration clients from time. Not tons though I love that part of my job.

Hugs and Love to all,
    Mary

Comment

OOOPS, I missed you Laura, any one else that I missed, I am sorry and hope you have an excellent weekend.

Hugs and Love,
      Mary

Comment

mkr that was awsome here is more on karama. yuu know i might should postt his somewhere else buy we can move it later!

A accept kindness
        B be kind
        C count your blessings
        D dream
        E express thanks
        F forgive
        G give freely
        H harm noone
        I imagine more
        J jettision anger
        K keep confidences
        L love truly
        M master something
        O open your mind
        P pack lightly
        Q quel rumours
        R reciprocate
        S seek wisdom
        T touch hearts
        U understand
        V value truth
        W win graciously
        X eriscape(ok that one is hard)
        Y yearn for peace
        Z zealously support a worthy cause

ok that is how i remember it. hope it helps

Comment

WOW

I've said this many times, but Mary you have so many wonderful things to share!! I loved your post today!! sorry so late, had a busy day w/ my hubby's birthday party and all it has been a busy one!

Love you all for everything you help me with !!:thanks:

Mary Anne :h

Comment

Working...
          X