Refrigerated Dill Pickles - no canning required

15 small pickling cucumbers
    40 fresh dill sprigs
    2 large white onions, thinly sliced
    5 garlic cloves, sliced
    1 qt water
    1 qt white vinegar
    1 c canning salt (or kosher salt)
    Cut each cucumber lengthwise into four spears. In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, dill, onions and garlic and set aside. In a dutch oven combine the remaining ingrediants. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until salt dissolves. Pour over cucumber mixture, cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in frig for up to 3 months. Yummy and crunchy......

my mouth is watering

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for this recipe. I made them yesterday and they are AWESOME. I am doing my best to let them "soak" for a longer time, but finding it difficult ;-)

Comment

Sounds yummy! These will def be on my holiday table. I also going to try the same treatment with different veggies - okra, peppers, carrot sticks, there are endless options.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Glad everyone is enjoying these, i would be curious to know how it does work with other veggies......................

Comment

Working...
          X