Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday September 24th

Good morning Absville,

Just a quick one this morning.....It's like a lesser version for me this morning of what Nancy will be going through next Saturday.
    Not gonna get to post again till tonight because my family are coming up for the day from Manchester aswell....& the computer is in the living room..
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday.....
    Wish me luck that i dont fall flat on my face and embaress my daughter....
    And would'nt you know......It's raining....Typical
    See ya's later........Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Sunday September 24th

Hey Macks- Rain shall not diminish your daughter's joy nor your fatherly pride. Post us a pic.
    T

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Good Morning Absville,

Oh Macks! I know you and Lisa are just sooo proud of Cloe! Cherish every moment!

Yesterday's post were very thought provoking. Absville is just like a "real" town! Real people and problems just we are with out masks here and can be who we really are....Hummmmmmm nice place to be!

Susan, I hope this last year of school goes well for you.
      Also I pray that your future path will become clear to you. Just pour it all out before God and wait for the "cream " to rise to the top!:l

Six days left on our wedding count down. I bought them a book on finances yesterday. How to live debt free!

Need coffee.........
      Nancy & Belle:h
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Sunday September 24th

bambino

my beautiful horse was sold today. the lovely girl who has bought her rushed off first thing this morning to Robinsons - an equestrian store to buy her lovely things.

so it is a bitter/sweet day today.

hope everyone is fine

xxxx

i will change my name here now.
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Sunday September 24th

:good: these last couple of days we have really been putting it out there.i have met the greatest people here.hugs to you all!:l :l

Comment

Sunday September 24th

I know....I've been reading but no time to post. Last night I was so touched by the closeness here. I love you guys. gabbs
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Good Luck today Mack!! She won't remember that it rained...Only that she wore that beautiful dress and her mom and dad were there. You enjoy every minute!

Lisa

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Bambino- sounds like your horse is going to be Loved loved loved at her new home. Hard to let go but she will be happy and have a wonderful life.

Hope you are having a good day today
                Lisa

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Morning all,

I agree with you Nancy, Abbsville is becoming more like a real town every day. Or even like a family. :l I really look forward to coming here and finding out what's going on with all of you, and sharing what's going on with me. And I miss people when they don't post!

Macks I'm sure that today will be a beautiful memory for your daughter. And she will have a sober dad as part of that memory too. That's something your whole family can be proud of.

Liz I know it's hard to let go of someone you love -- but you know she's going to be loved and well cared for. What's your new name gonna be?

And it's Sunday. I'll be off to church here soon. I can thank God for another day without a hangover, and pray for another one tomorrow! Each day AF is a chance to grow, and learn to live and love, which I think is the whole point of this existence...

Hope you all have a great day. I'll be checking in later.

Mike
                  "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Hello everyone:

Yesterday was a day of rest, and I needed it. After overclocking my ticker Friday night, some extended time in the horizontal postion was sorely needed.

Storms came in yesterday morning as well. Upper level lightning in the clouds almost all day, and some bolts were hitting the ground hard, so all the electrical gadgets were taking a rest too.

Yesterday evening I made a little trip to a town a little south of here to get a few odd supplies.

Kathy: It would be difficult to the point of agony, to stay sober and off the ciggies if I were to live with someone who did either. BTW I have gone 90% gray in the last ten years. The little patch I have of regular color is a circular patch on the back of my head, but at least I still have a full mane!

Gabby: I can give you guys a name to call me by. Of course, it's not my real name, but it's the first name of a man that I have respected since I was a little boy. A man of great sobriety, of great skill and knowledge, and a humble nature. A man who can remain calm and controlled under the most trying of circumstances. A
                    man who was at the center stage, of one of the greatest achievements of the human race, and yet remains in the background avoiding overt sensationalism.

I will sign my name, "Neil".

Mike, Macks, Mojo:

Hope this Sunday finds you all well, and feeling on top of it all.

Bambino: My boss keeps 5 horses on his ranch, and one mule!! One is a crazy Arabian, and no one seems to have successfully ridden him. One guy tried a couple of years ago, and ended up with broken ribs on the ground.

Lisa, Nancy: You know I have been a best man twice in my life.

TawnyFrog: Thought your 'SouthPark" self was excellent! Thats the idea!! Have a little fun!

I'll probably be out lurking for a bit, as next week things are going to stack up at work, and I may not get much time to post. I'll be sure to sign in on Friday, for another workout report. Can't tell for sure what it will be, as I cross-train, and will just do what I need at the time to push the demons back where they belong.

Everyone hang in there.

Neil

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Mike

Isnt it just!!! i almost feel like i need to rush out and open my salon!! Its a lovely feeling though and i am so glad that i have met you all.... i have found nothing but support and encouragment here..my second family x and i love our community, we do seem to have it all!!

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x
                      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Hi everybody and Hi Neil!!!!
                        gotta get to work and I gotta share that I had the MOST WODERFUL PHONE CALL THIS MORNING. It just made my day.....such a gift out of anther world it was! So I am a happy little gabby skipping off to a days work!!!! bye all.
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Hiya Abbers,
                          What an excellent day.....I think the big man himself felt sorry for Cloe and it turned out to be a sunny day.
                          She looked absolutly beautiful...And the day went without a hitch.
                          I have tried to put some pics on through...(manage attachments) but apparently the picture is too big....If anyone knows what im doing wrong i would be grateful......She looks gorgeous....And i want to show her off.
                          100+ people turned out...the most they have had for quite a few years.....I'm so proud today.....
                          So the plan tonight is to take Cloe to the shop.....buy as much pop and sweets and crisps as we can carry......And cringe at ourselves on the home video.....occasionally muttering..."i dont sound like that"....&...."am i really that fat"....lol
                          Be back on later.......Hugs Macks:l
                          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Today is a great day to be back in absville. Doing ok lately. Just busy and a bit remorseful over hurting a friend here at MWO. Finding I need support more than ever right now. Started my new job last M,W,F...love it so far. Had my last day at the hospital yesterday. Will definitely miss the friendships I have formed over the last 2 yrs. Was so touched by the potluck and hugs they gave me. Never felt worthy. Gonna miss the babies something harsh! Held a baby for a hearing test (we normally lay them in their bassinette) but she was fussy and I loved every moment (15 minutes!) of holding her close. This job has kept me from desiring a 4th child...get my fix...see kids at home and how they are when they age a bit and REALITY sets in! Great birth control.
                            Ok, now with the new job. My doc pulled me into the office on Fri to tell me how pleased he was with my progress so far and how he feels I am really good at "sales". HUH???? That has never been in my blood. I am the first to give discounts,etc.... He wants me to dress nice on Mon and hit every Plastic Surgeon's office in our bldg with an expensive gift basket in tow, brochures and my biz card. He joked that he would give me a few drinks before hand because that was when he was most impressed with my SALES ability. IKES!!! I know he was just kidding...but if he only knew of my struggles. He saw me intoxicated on my Aug 28th bday when he took me out with staff 4 dinner. I am more confident an assertive...but this would be going backwards! SO confused!!
                            Yes, here I am being extremely self centered again. SORRY! Hard to help others until I can help myself, other than words of praise and encouragement for those here doing so well.
                            That is all! Gina
                            PS: A bit irate over husband buying a Hummer H3...I wanted a Toyota Highlander Hybrid.....but YES..I gave him full liberty this time, as I bought our Honda Odyssey minivan when he was out of town. Just hope we don't get vandalized by all the environmentalists. No more cute VW Beetle convertible...our most PRACTICAL family car for 5????!!!!!

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Aw macks...sounds like you and yours have had a lovely day...so glad that Cloe got the sunshine and that you didnt trip and make a show of her..lol!!!!

Loves

Lou-Lou x x xx
                              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Working...
                              X