Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad November 09

Hey everybody,
    It's a new month. Last month I thought I had successfully cut back to just two occasions, then I caved last night. I did stop at 2, which is a harder thing for me. Ah, well, the pattern continues.

Eve, congrats on a fun evening with controlled alcohol.

Sara, I have gotten into murder mysteries since I cut the alcohol way back. Like you said, they grab you quickly. I have read many of the alphabet series by Sue Grafton, and some of the Joanna Brady series by JA Lance. I am currently reading one by Nora Roberts, which is also good.

I've decided that for this month at least, I am not using Drink Tracker. I drink so infrequently that I shouldn't really need it.

Take care, all.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Mod Squad November 09

HELLO MODDERS and here is to a new month....for me this is month 9 of my journey. There is no doubt whatsoever that OCTOBER was a triumph for me where modding was concerned. I dont think I put a foot wrong. I am fully aware that I canot be complacent and it is still very early days, but that doesnt mean that success should not be celebrated. I went out last night with friends to a wine bar and I did not drink at all. I was driving and everyone else was having something to drink. I did not need it to enjoy myself at all. I was happy without. That to me is a real result.

This week I have family staying and some time off work. I dont have a set plan as I dont know exact when I will and wont feel like a drink. In my mind I have given myself permission to have some wine or whatever if I want it in the week, but part of me is keen to wait until fridau night to see if I can. just play it by ear. I am off to enjoy my last evening of a peaceful home before they arrive tomorrow for a week. May not be around quite so much as will be very busy.

Thanks SUNBEAM for getting us underway. It is true you dont drink that often so DT may not be necessary. For me, I find it very very useful still......i still get the sense of acheivement when zeros go in and if i get a passing moment of "shall I" it makes me think I would have to admit to it publuically and it stops me!!!

Love to all

Moo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

mooderator;748825 wrote: For me, I find still find the drinktracker useful ......I still get the sense of acheivement when zeros go in and if i get a passing moment of "shall I" it makes me think I would have to admit to it publically and it stops me!!!
      Good job on successful modding Moo.

I'm with you. The drinktracker has saved me on more than one occasion as I want to post honestly and don't like posting when I haven't met my goals. There has been many a time where the thought of that third drink looms - "should I?" "I know I shouldn't and I'll have to post it on the drinktracker then" so it's truly helped me not to have it!

Here's to a great November and as they're saying on the General Discussion board NOvember/Nobender!!

Hugs,
      Eve11
      addendum: posted my Halloween pix under my public profile - looks much better enlarged but don't think you can do that here? Anyway, I don't know how if you can.
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

I'd love to be on DrinkTracker :upset: I can't seem to sign in , it keeps telling me that I'm using the wrong username and password
        I would of loved to of posted my 31 ZERO'S in Octsober :l
        Non Drinker 9/09
        Non Smoker 6/09
        Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Congrats on October Emmy. It was indeed Octsober for you...well done...even if drinktracker wont recognise your success, we will.....

love Moo

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

:thanks: MOO :h:h

I'm going to try to go another 30 in NOvember .... BUT , I kinda want to see if I can have one glass of wine and then be AF for a coupe more weeks.. I've been thinking about wine aot lately , almost like (in my mind) i knew that Octsober was temporary and now I want my prize IDK what is going on with me
            Non Drinker 9/09
            Non Smoker 6/09
            Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Emmy,
              The board moderators will always help with computer technical questions so post your troubles there and hopefully they can help you. DrinkTracker does help so hope you get it working for you.

Went to a Leon Russell concert last night with my bff. I so love the ending lyrics to his song "A song for you"...

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
              I love you for my life you are a friend of mine
              and when my life is o-v-e-r
              remember when we were together
              we were alone and I was singing this song to you."

It reminds me of one of the biggest blessings we have and that's love and friendship. I am so blessed to have a hubby as a best friend and so blessed to have a wonderful lady in my life who's my best girlfriend and am so, so blessed to have all you friends at MWO who pick me up when I feel down, offer support when needed and are just there for me.

I totally met my modding goals last night. Made a personal pact with Sarasmiles and that personal stuff works for me. Have a beautiful day and enjoy a young Leon Russell if you have the time to listen.
              If limited just zip to the end for the best lyrics in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzl_3HNgQws[/video]]YouTube - LEON RUSSELL - A Song for You (1971)
              Biggest hugs,
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Congrats Emmy on your 30 000000000000000000000000000000000's!!!
                That is a wonderful achievement.

Well I've been on the road this week so haven't had time to check in till now -- A PINCH AND A PUNCH FOR FIRST OF THE MONTH MODDERS

I have been giving my "journey" a lot of thought this past month (as many of you know). I still don't have an answer but I must just share with you how happy I have been feeling these last couple of weeks. I have have accomplished a lot this month which is not AL related -- for that I am so grateful.
                I will post more on this when I have the time and my thoughts are in order.

For now, I just wanted to touch base with my friends and say HI -- Lets make November special
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hello to DEEBS and EVE and EMMY...et al..

I have the family staying...monday night one bottle of wine went three ways...so I had 2 glasses with dinner...stopped happily. No probs. Tonight I elected to be AF. Great. I will be AF tomorrow for sure as it is my dance class and I am still going...we shall see thereafter. So far, so good.

Emmy, I think there is always an element of that kind of thinking when one does an extended period of time AF. I must admit when I did my first 55 days AF towards the end I did start to look forward to the holiday I was going on and the assocuiated champagne I had. I suppose there is still an element of looking forward to a glass or two of wine, but for me that is why I moderate, I do enjoy some wine. It is fine if it is in control. I find I think about it much less, now that I am not setting lengthy periods of time AF, but it has taken 9 months of tweeking and playing with ideas to get to this point. Just my few thoughts. Hope is helpful

love Moo

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hi Everybody,
                    Emmy, congrats on your 30 days! Someone who posted here once set up a separate identity just so she could use DrinkTracker. You could do that, or click on "contact us" at the bottom of the screen, or put a post under General Discussion. What have you already tried?

I wanted to post more of my thoughts about why I'm not using Drink Tracker this month. It has been a powerful tool for me, but if all goes well, I won't need to use it in the future. Many of the gains I've made against alcohol have been with the support of people here, but in the end it is up to each of us. I think I can do without Drink Tracker before I can do without my posting here and the support I get by doing this. I am in no hurry to wean myself, but I also don't see me posting here the rest of my life. For now, this is a good step. I am approaching two years since I joined MWO, and it is time for this.

The good news for me is that I'm exploring a part-time job opportunity with a former employer. I am of retirement age, and part-time work is a wonderful option. I am fortunate to be in a profession where this is often available. I will continue working full-time through next June, but after that it may be less if this all works out. Approaching retirement was one of my motivators for getting alcohol under control. I could see my spare time being taken over by drinking, not what I had in mind for the rest of my life.

Take care, all.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hi Sun.......... I downloaded a new update of Java , I finally got into the chatroom But no luck yet with drinktracker .. I'm going to try from my desktop , maybe its this notebook
                      Non Drinker 9/09
                      Non Smoker 6/09
                      Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Zdravstvute! Hello, sorry been really busy lately but I'm still around.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hello All

Not much to report...AF again tonight as it is my dance night. A little stressed with working full time and having family here too, but managing to mod very well. Another member of family gets here tomorrow (SIL) who is a drinking buddy of old. So I plan not to drink at all the first day she is here, just to set a bar but we are off out together on friday to meet some of my friends....so there will be wine, but I will be careful. So I intend to follow my principle of enjoy the night, but enjoy the next day too.

SUN I can understand exactly where you are coming from. We all need to take it in stages...the first is getting where we want to be, the second is maintaining that for a good while and then finally I guess maintaining it mostly on our own. I think you are right in what you are doing. I can see that this is not a forever proposition ideally. I think starting off without DT is actually on its own a big step as I know how provides an element of support on its own and of itself is a habit! Good luck to you gal x And with the job opps too.

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

First AF day tomorrow...any words of wisdom?

I recently posted in the New Modders thread in the Goal Monthly Moderation section & then realized that the post I was replying to was over a year old...doesn't seem to be alot of activity there. Having been lurking for about a week & posting for a day or two...hubby & I will be starting AF day one tomorrow...this looked like the next likely spot to call home with like minded wanna be & successful modders.

Found the book & this website a week ago Monday...ordered the supps...started Supps Sunday... the hypnosis tapes on Monday...saw my Doc yesterday...started Topa today...Hubby see his doc on Friday.
                            I am really excited about the changes, but realize it's probably still gonna be alot of work.

Rejuve :new:

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Just to say :welcome:REJUVE....I hope you will be very happy here!

The mod squad are fab for support and friendship....are you planning on doing 30 days AF first or what is your plan??

Moo

Comment

Working...
                              X