Getting ready to detox tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been gone for a month. I really lost interest in this site with regards to support because there were so many judgmental people here. I have made some really great friends but even just coming back for the past 1/2 hour and reading such horrible posts are disturbing to me.

Can we not implement a simple rule? Want to be an ass, take it somewhere else. Likely, the person posting such anger is dealing with the same issue and broadcasting it here. Lay down bad dog.

Anyway, I am doing the detox thing tonight. I am scared. I know what to do but it still scares me...not so much medically, but emotionally. I came here to see if I can get though the night...out of pure desperation.
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Colbe,

What are you going to do? How much have you been drinking?

You know there will be many here to help you in anyway we can.

Hang in there. Detox is tough but doable.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Colbe, I'm kinda in & out, but in order to give you any input more details are inorder.

As cindi said, how much have you been drinking? What eactly is your plan?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi colbe ......... what detox are you doing??? you have any medical support on hand???

Please keep us posted BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

cinders and greeneyes

I have picked back up to @ 10 beers a day (USA..light crap), but still. today I had 6 and that is it..no money no beer. I do have a script for Trazadone, which I do not like to take but may be necessary to get though this.
          Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

OK, so 6 today, what about the rest of the week?

betty boop did detox, colbe.

have you looked at detox threads?
            sigpic

Comment

I have not. I will go look for them. The rest of the week, I have to be sober, because we are completely out of money. Don't get me wrong, with this short term of abstinence, I hope to reach my goal, but too soon to say.

Comment

Colby, I am trying to understand what is going on here....are your forced to stop drinking because you do not currently have money to buy more? What is your goal?
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

KateH1, Both. The money thing...if I can just get beyond a few days I will be fine. It is the "few Days" that is scaring me. I have done this, and I am so afraid to do it again. It hurts. Emotionally and physically, and lets not forget F****** reality will set in...that is what I am afraid of most. (Long story over losing custody for no reason of my only girl.)

Comment

colbe;748862 wrote: I have picked back up to @ 10 beers a day (USA..light crap), but still. today I had 6 and that is it..no money no beer. I do have a script for Trazadone, which I do not like to take but may be necessary to get though this.
                    Colbe, my detox thread is over in general (and by the way it is the best thing that I have ever done) and propartychief is now on day 27 and doing well, his is at the top of general too. Read them hun.

You say that you have the script, does that mean that you actually have the tablets or just the prescription to fetch them with?? Please take the drugs if you have them, they will really help ......

BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm sure there was a reason. You just don't know what it is yet. I can guarantee you though, your chances of understanding and perhaps changing the situation will drastically improve if you can get the alcohol out of your life. How long do you suppose you can continue to hide from reality?
                      sigpic

Comment

ok, I didn't really expect the advise to take the pills (yes I do have them) so I just did. I can't believe that PriorityChef has 27...not that I didn't think he could, it was the same time I left MWO...and he was SO depressed. Damn, if he can, I can. YOU reading this PC?! Thank you guys. Thanks all of you.

Comment

Greeneyes, that's a question I never entertained. This whole situation is so wrong I thought it would sort itself out. But it has not. The drinking has prolonged it, I never thought there may be an "end". Depression has a hold of me, and I am unsure how to deal. No insurance here in the US. Doing this myself is really horrifying.

Comment

Alcohol causes depression, ya know........

When you are AF you will be amazed at how much happier you are even though nothing else may have changed. Your self esteem, your confidence, your entire vibrational level will rise and you will attract better things into your life at a higher vibrational level. Promise!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah...thanks for filling in the blanks, Colbe. I understand what you are talking about on all fronts....sometimes getting past the physical withdrawals or hangovers are a lot easier than the mental and emotional parts.

I want to share some encouragement with you regarding "Reality"....yes, facing life and reality without alcohol is tough at first...do not expect everything to turn around in your life after a few weeks or a couple of months of sobriety. It takes that long to just begin to get your own head together....but, as time goes by, you will find yourself stronger, definitely more clear headed and even your thinking processes begin to clear. Life and reality also begin to change for the better. That is not to say that we no longer face challenges and really tough stuff.....but with some real sober time, we certainly deal with adversity in much better ways.

Best wishes to you Colbe and remember to breath.......honestly, under stress we tend to hold our breath without even realizing it!

xx
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X