Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday September 25th

Good Morning Absville,
    You can just feel the love in Absville...I think its great...Its like having an interactive diary really...We write down our thoughts, and the diary replies to you...Gives you advice and encouragment....Now there's an invention.....Which brings me onto todays topic.....What has'nt been invented yet...but you would go out and buy straight away as soon as it was....Something that would make your life so much easier....or...something that would amuse you for hours and hours...I know its a toughie....but it should get your brains ticking....Have'nt even thought of mine yet...
    So....The homework has been set....There will be a prize for the best one...
    Have a good day all.....Will be back on later....Love Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Monday September 25th

i would like to have something useful playing when im on hold. i hate the crappy music that gets played.its even worse at christmas time grrrrrrrrr. how to count to ten in another language,how to save money,best place to buy gas, i dont care something.off to wrk see ya'll later.

Comment

Monday September 25th

Hummmmmmmmmm!
      Thinking here!

Belle would like a device to throw tennis balls out every few seconds until she drops !
      I think I would like that also!
      Nancy:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday September 25th

Hi people, my first day ever to this site. I became interested because of the sleep patterns information I viewed about alcoholics. Well, I have been clean for over 5 yrs and I still get night terrors and I have terrible sleep patterns. Being online amuses me for hours to my detriment, when I have so much more I could be doing, but just fun..... A virtual riding a horse through scenic country sides with the wind blowing through your hair would be awesome if you can't afford the rea thing or is not realistic to your daily living. I would run out and buy that right away.

Comment

Monday September 25th

Now thats the kind of stuff i was on about...All brill upto now....Think mine would have to be the ACME babymatic....Its a big machine that you throw your baby..(child)...(mucky teenager) in one end....And after a few minutes out of the other end pops a clean, bottom changed...hair and teeth brushed....Already in ironed clothes child...

Atlast, welcome to Absville...5 years WOW congratulations and well done...My son also has night terrors...He's 7...His last one was only about 2 nights ago....It takes ages to calm him down....He's not quite awake or asleep....and he runs around scared out of his wits...you cant touch him or anything when he's like this....You just gotta make sure he doesn't hurt himself....He had 2 weeks in hospital earlier on in the year through his asthma...And the doctor witnessed him having one and told us he was having night terrors.....It scares the life out of us.
          Anyway i hope you stick around......Take care...Macks:welcome:

Comment

Monday September 25th

Good Morning Everyone-
            I'm going to be late cause I'm sitting here trying to think up my invention!! Well, that, and I woke up late.
            I love Mojo's idea....I could see me asking to be put back on hold for just a min 'cause I want to know how to spell the number eight in Japanese Great idea.

I think I would like a transporter. Kind of like on star trek I think but as fast as on bewitched. I wouldn't use it all the time, just when I'm very late or ...oh ,this is good..if I didn't know the right directions. I could just put in the address and poof. Sure would save on gas money.

I'm back at work in new orleans. Today is a very big day here....offices shut down around 1pm (not mine of course) to get ready for the reopening of the Superdome! Huge deal here. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
            Lisa

Comment

Monday September 25th

Lisa!!!!!!!! You just got home from there!!!!!!!!!!! Remember......Atlanta airport!!!!!!
              You are such a woman! I'm in awe!!!!!!!

Have a blessed week.
              Nancy:l
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday September 25th

Anyone See This Coming??

Sorry everyone, but it wasn't just a little slip this time. I feel off the wagon with a big boom Saturday afternoon when my sister and BIL arrived (my OTHER sister's husband, who was helping with the move). I thought I would be safe because he's a beer drinker, and beer has less than no appeal for me, but what resolve I had caved in a nano-second (or possibly less than that) with him drinking around me. I bought a 1.5 liter on Saturday, and what I didn't drink then, I finished off yesterday. Sadly, I'm not that surprised. I feel like I've been playing with fire, since I haven't been taking very good care of myself these last several weeks and have been going at a breakneck pace. Also, other than wine, I have loaded up on carbs (Chex Mix, bagels, sandwiches, all the stuff of easy meals and snacking), and I'm feeling it quite a bit.

Another confession--I can feel in my heart that I'm not QUITE DONE yet. I HATE saying this because I am a little concerned about all of your reactions, and I don't want to leave Absville. At the same time, I know that it won't be until next week that I will be completely able to focus on myself again (i.e., sis all settled, all pictures hung, furniture moved, things put away in new places, etc.) and get back to my routine.

I don't mean to say that I am taking this as a license to drink without reserve, just that it will be a struggle not to drink at all. I hope you all won't judge me too harshly. I'm kind of disappointed with myself, but I honestly don't know how else I could have done this, since I didn't have control over external deadlines.:sigh:

Of course, my sister won't be moving in all the time, but, for my future sanity and sobriety, I am seriously considering not chairing the flag sewing committee for the winter season. Not only have I not heard anything from the band director , but sewing flags does seem to devolve into marathon stress for me every single time. Maybe I'll sew a number of flags but not be IN CHARGE of making sure it ALL gets done. I like the sewing part, but I don't want the responsibility, nor do I want to have to sew too many flags. (The good news is that my daughter is doing beautifully after all the drama of quitting--no meltdowns for over a week--YAY!)

For now, I'm going to try to look at the sobriety that I have accomplished and try to build on that and not beat myself up TOO much. (just enough to get it in there that sobriety has to be priority no. 1 and not messing with that....) I have a lot of thinking to do......

At any rate, I did read all the posts yesterday. Sorry that my post today is so self-involved. I hope everyone has a great Monday. I can't wait to go to work today, as that will be the beginning of getting back on track. For right now, I have to go take my allone and supps. It's a start.

Love to all,

Kathy :l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday September 25th

Not going to judge you Kathy....And where did you get the idea about leaving Absville?
                  You know yourself better than any of us what you need to do.It's happened to me when i had that bottle of rum....Everything just got too much....Needed a way to switch my brain off...Personally i think it comes down to escapeism...(still cant spell)..
                  Stress has got to be the biggest trigger....We have all just got to find a way to deal with it ....Without running away and hiding in a bottle.....If the flags are causing you stress, you would do well to step away for the winter...At least untill you've got a better grip on this.......
                  You're only human Kathy....So please dont be tough on yourself...
                  Think the world of ya.....Love Macks:l

P.S. and no...i didn't see it coming....should have done though

Comment

Monday September 25th

Aw Kathy..please dont beat yourself up...it happens, certainly did with me!! I am having a very hard day today...been reflecting a lot and im feeling pretty sad about loosing my ex. Thank god i deleted all his numbers otherwise history would have definitly repeated itself today....Its so hard as i still miss him terriblly. but i know i need to concentrate on me for now...not sayin its easy ( its bloody hard!) but with the support i have found here im sure i can do it

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x x
                    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday September 25th

Obviously, I hide well, don't I Macks, I said the other day that I'm good at looking jaunty, even when I'm not. But it's been building up in my like a pressure cooker, I'm afraid. Much better at taking care of others than me. Now I've got to get a hairwash, cause I'm looking like something the cat dragged in!

Ah, Lou-Lou, keep your pecker up, girl! I know it's hard when you feel like you have a soul-mate, but you aren't necessarily good for each other.....

Love, Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday September 25th

Hi guys, Mack...thanks for starting again. Sundays are hard for me cuz I come home and fall asleep so early. I feel like a wuss.
                        I wanna address everyone. I've read all.....maybe fast....but still read. Kathy...please never think of leaving here. oh my gosh that would be aweful. Well....I guess if its cuz of that reason that Brigid says of cuz of your journey and all that stuff then I have to support you but if its cuz you bought a 1.5 litter or what ever that wine talk is....(i like beer) and drank it in 10 minutes (yuck) then you cant leave. We'll just put ya in the otis room over at the earnest and bring you room service...what ever you want of course. Not to reward your bad behavior but to let you know we have empathy and compassion and are there for ya till your done. So.....there ya have it.
                        I gotta run.....have tons to do. I'll be back. gabby
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday September 25th

Lou Lou, how are you? do you have your appt today?
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday September 25th

Hey Kathy, don't be so hard on yourself.
                            Please hang with us all on this journey.
                            Love and Peace,
                            Phil
                            Love and Peace,
                            Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Monday September 25th

Kathy,

I can't say I saw this coming. I noticed you seemed very busy lately, which you were. Being busy can lead to stress, and as you know, stress can lead to a slip (small or large). Most of us here have been through it at least once. I can also relate to the feeling of not being finished with the slip. When I had my big slip a couple of weeks ago, I felt insecure about going to Vegas so soon afterwards (slippery territory for any of us, I think), and it ended up being self-fulfilling prophecy. But now that it's over I feel back on track and stronger than before. The point is that you have to forgive yourself and give yourself the space and tools to get back on track. Even if the "slip" lasts 2, 3 or 5 days, no one here wants you to leave Abbsville. Far from it! You are a much-loved member of this community. :h My mistake a year ago was leaving when I had a slip, and it set my recovery back by a year. Don't let that happen to you. And you know, part of the way we are growing closer as a community, as a family, is that we come here and bare our souls when this happens and we get the support we need to move on and heal. It's not easy to admit when we stumble -- but we take the chance and we find that people love of us in spite of our imperfections. In the process, maybe we can learn to love and forgive ourselves a little bit too.

Macks, you're right about this being like an interactive diary! I bought a new journal a few weeks back, and I've only made one entry in it. I now understand that it's because I've been doing so much posting here.

As for the topic, what would I like to see invented? I know the answer to that. I would like to have a brain implant that would take away any urge to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. It would also make me enjoy exercising and eating healthy foods. Wait: that's everything this program does, without the effort! Oh well, this is fantasy, right? Seriously, though, if there were such a device, and the surgery were not too risky, I would SERIOUSLY consider having it!

Good job at the airport yesterday, Lisa. I know how tempting those airport bars can be during long, unexpected layovers....

Have a good day, all!

Mike
                              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                              X