Rosemary Thanksgiving Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preheat oven to 325F. Remove giblets and save for gravy or dressing. Wash turkey thoroughly inside and out, pat dry. Mix butter, mayonaise, 1 tsp salt, 1 TB. fresh ground pepper, 1 TB. sage. Finely chop about 2 TB. rosemary and add to mix. Loosen skin on breast of turkey and rub mix inside. Rub all turkey with remaining mix including inside cavity. Cut onion, pears, carrots into large chunks and place inside cavity, along with more whole sprigs of rosemary. Tie legs together or cut slit in lowest portion on skin and secure legs thru there. Twist wings backward to make closer to the body.
    Place turkey BREAST SIDE DOWN on a rack in a roasting pan. Use the apples to help balance the bird in the pan. Roast 20 min. per pound, basting turkey with the pan juices every 25 minutes. In the last 30 minutes, turn the turkey over (CAREFUL!) to brown the breast. Let stand at least 20 minutes after you remove it from the oven to rest.

Cooking breast-side down causes all the juices to run into the breast as it cooks, making it the juiciest turkey ever!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

yummm! What time is dinner??

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

P.S. I cover the drumsticks with foil after they've browned nicely so they don't over cook and dry out. Plus, I use any leftovers and boil the turkey bones to make a nice broth for turkey and rice soup later. We CAN get the most out of everything!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X