SPICY PICKLED GARLIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPICY PICKLED GARLIC

This easy chilled pickle requires no heat, no sealing, no canning, just covering garlic cloves with vinegar and letting them sit around for awhile. These cloves are great on a relish tray for those with a bold palate, but also work great minced in salad dressings or other places you might use raw garlic.
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 2 minutes
    Ingredients:
    4 heads garlic
    1 pint jar
    3 dried red chiles, such as arbol (optional)
    1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. sugar
    Preparation:
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, separate garlic into cloves. Drop cloves into water and cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel cloves.
    Put cloves in pint jar and arrange chiles in jar, if you like.
    Combine vinegar, salt, and sugar. Pour over garlic to cover (you may have some leftover). Cover jars with lids and store in refrigerator for at least 1 month before using. Garlic will keep, chilled, for at least a year.

I also like to do this with minced garlic, so I have it on hand any time a recipe calls for it. Also, I sometimes bring the vinegar, salt and sugar to a quick boil before I pour it over the garlic. Doing this means you can make larger portions and can them, not worrying about refrigerating. Please use proper canning procedures.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

SPICY PICKLED GARLIC

a new way to eat garlic. I'm delighted!

I'd probably add more garlic tho

?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
    X