I am sad today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sad today

I don't know why, but I am really sad. Looking on here and seeing all your usual avatars and new people joining all the time with feelings just like I have had. Sounding hopeless and helpless. It all makes me so sad.

Maybe it is just because I haven't been out except to medical appointments for the last couple of weeks due to ill health - but I just feel really sad and lost and empty and sorry for all of you on here, too, who have to struggle with life so much.

Don't worry I am not drinking and won't be. How can I cheer up? (bearing in mind I can't go out or do anything - just had ankle surgery) Is anyone in a better mood? Tell me something positive about life. :upset:
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

I am sad today

Feel Better Kimmy! I am feeling a little down myself. Sounds like you have some time to rest and read....I am so stressed and feel like I'm a hamster on a dreadmill....just keep running and running without going anywhere.

Sorry that wasn't cheery!

It will pass.....think of a few of your favorite things....

Try this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EDTRiC1_w[/video]]YouTube - cats can talk

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I am sad today

Oops I said "dreadmill" I meant treadmill....but sometimes it is like a "Dreadmill"!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I am sad today

Kimberly, it is really tough on the psyche when we are stuck inside and hampered by health problems...I know....back in April I broke my ankel, wrist and thumb and also suffered nerve damage in my hand a wrist. It sucked being in multiple casts, stuck inside for the first month.......but that time passed and it will for you as well! I spent the time, reading, and watching movies, listening to music and doing some writing.

Focus on the success at MWO.....we all arrived here in pretty bad shape.....most of us had sutained a lot of damage from out of control drinking....but, many of us have found our way out, worked through things, continue to rebuild ourselves and our lives! When somone new arrives, who is in rough shape...I think GREAT!! They have a chance at living a wonderful life!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I am sad today

Hiya Kimberley!
          You don't have to feel sad. I know what you mean, there are lot's of sad stories here to read, but they are also heroic stories, i think. People fighting for their lives, and the very fact they are in the arena fighting, to me, that is success. That is heroic. If you're still sad, get distracted for awhile, and try to change your headspace, movie, book, call a friend. Or......be amazed at who you are, and what you have.
          Hope you're ankle heal's quickly!

Best wishes, and you are doing great........;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am sad today

Very wise words Guitarista.....u have inspired me...thanku for that. Kimberley, please be happy. XXX

Comment

I am sad today

Kimberley, I know exactly how you feel!!! my emotions since being AF are all over the place and for no reason!!!! I've just watched Xfactor to cheer myself up :H yes I am sad lol xxx

Keep your chin up and focus on the positives!!! YOU ARE SOBER!!! well done hun xxxxxxxxxxx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I am sad today

Hi all,
                Just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. It is nice to see that you care enough to respond.

Britelite, sorry you are feeling down too. Haha I think 'Dreadmill' was a Freudian slip!

By the way Betty I remember following your detox thread - you're doing so great still AF. Well done!

I have cheered up a bit by trying to distract myself- I hate it when I feel like this! - and reading some of the med threads. Your words have all helped as well.

Thanks guys X

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I am sad today

Hey Kim .. I'm glad the surgery went well ~~ Its hard being house bound , Try to keep busy , reading , watching TV , maybe catching up with some friends on the phone > I love days when I can just stay home , i know its different when its not by choice:H
                  Happy healing ~:h Em

Loved the "dreadmill" slip .. yikes , didn't mean to say the "slip" word :H
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

I am sad today

Kimmy,

Remember that the meds the docs have you on are also messing with you mood. It takes awhile to recover emotionally as well as physically from a surgery. Be gentle with yourself. Hope your ankle is better soon.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I am sad today

Thanks Emmy and Lil :-)

Recovery Videos

Comment

I am sad today

Hi there Kimmy, how are you feeling today?
                        Even though you have had ankle surgery, can you ask anyone to take you out for a while? Sometimes just a change of scene will shake the blues off.
                        You are doing great, so thats something to be extremely happy about :-)
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am sad today

Hi Starting, I feel a bit better today thanks. I will be going to work on Monday, on my crutches!, so I am looking forward to that now.

I think it was a combination of a lot of things, so thanks everyone for trying to cheer me up

Recovery Videos

Comment

I am sad today

Hi Kimberley, glad to hear you are feeling better.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I am sad today

Hi Kim,
                              I am glad you are feeling better. That you are not drinking is something to be glad for. I hope you off the crutches in no time.
                              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X