In the morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the morning...

I will hate myself...trying and failing...

In the morning...

In the morning come back here and try again. Once we keep trying we are never failures and one day it will click. I dont know anyone that hasnt made a mistake, we are all human.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

In the morning...

Hi Schaefer, KT is right, come right back and keep on trying.
      The worst thing you can do is isolate yourself, even if you dont feel like it, talking on here and letting people support you will help.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

In the morning...

hi schaefer jump back up here,we are all the same in this community, this is a very serious disease we are fighting and it does take time & more effort,,if you have made mistakes there is always another chance for you,you may have a fresh start any moment you choose,for this thing we call failure is not falling down,its staying down. ..odaat.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In the morning...

Hi Schaefer,

Check in with us. Read Mario's tag line...."We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

It's hard...for everyone, me too. Stand together with us.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

In the morning...

Schaefer,
            I'm in the same boat as you friend. You're not a failure bud. I need help as well but we'll be ok friend.
            I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

In the morning...

Thank you everyone...I was scared to come back on...stupid I know, as I've only ever received support and encouragement. But I felt like it was so wrong to leave a drunken message on a site devoted to helping people get sober.

Comment

In the morning...

Hey Schaefer nice to see you. You are not the first to do that and wont be the last. I think it is at times when we have picked up the glass again and we realise what it is doing to us, that we reach out. The important thing is you have people here who care and want you to get well. Keep in touch, you wont lack for support here.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

In the morning...

May God Bless you all.
                  I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

In the morning...

I understand completely. I wrecked Thanksgiving. I worked for days to make it perfect, then got drunk. Husband took off, went 8 hours away and spent the whole time telling his family, I am an alcoholic. I am devastated about this. Just so hard. :upset:Husband who also , I think, has an alcohol problem, says he is going to kill himself, his brother did 3-4 years ago. Now I have that guilt on me. I cannot live without him, my kids have given up on me. Yes this is a demon.......it does kill us.

Comment

In the morning...

Shaefer, if it were really easy to go from having a drinking problem of some magnitude to being 100% clean and sober, there would not ever be any drunk posts because there would be no need for MWO. Glad you came back.

Saving Grace, I am sorry to hear about your Thanksgiving Day and all that happened. The good news is that you are NOT alone. I made a mess of many a holiday before finally admitting my alcoholism and taking steps to get well. I know how devastating these events can be. Rather than let this experience take you down, I hope you will consider the relief that can happen just by stopping the fight, and admitting our problem and our need for help.

I encourage you to think first and foremost about your own sobriety here in the short term. That is the only way you can be there down the road for your kids and your husband.

Strength and hope to you. If I can stop the madness, then you can too.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

In the morning...

Doggygirl,
                        Yes I can remember the times I did not drink. This is a like 10 year problem for me. When I have quit, it was a relief, the battle of trying to control was over. I have quit for months at a time.
                        Just so hard to be with someone who drinks. Hey, there were fun times, that is what destroys me, I don't feel like I am fun, until I drink. But in the end I am no fun at all.
                        Thank you for the encouragement. I know so well, drinking makes the world seem so dark. I just keep digging a deeper hole.

Comment

In the morning...

Saving Grace;766295 wrote: Doggygirl,
                          Yes I can remember the times I did not drink. This is a like 10 year problem for me. When I have quit, it was a relief, the battle of trying to control was over. I have quit for months at a time.
                          Just so hard to be with someone who drinks. Hey, there were fun times, that is what destroys me, I don't feel like I am fun, until I drink. But in the end I am no fun at all.
                          Thank you for the encouragement. I know so well, drinking makes the world seem so dark. I just keep digging a deeper hole.
                          I love the saying "you have reached your bottom when you decide to stop digging." I hope you have reached that point and with AL out of the way, can reach your full potential as a beautiful and unique human being. It's in all of us - we just have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get and stay sober.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

In the morning...

Thanks KTAB...your picture touches me so much...and I love your quote...used it as my Facebook status Sosad 61...God bless you...you're in excellent company...Oh Saving Grace...I identify so much...I pray everything works out for you and your husband...please reach out to whatever sources of help are available...often times it's more than you know.

Comment

In the morning...

Thanks Doggygirl...means a lot to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X