Maddie's Peanut Butter Blossoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl. Add 1/3 C granulated and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into mixture.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Kisses Chocolate into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

yes..done many times..I will dig up a reeses peanut butter cup dessert (flat cake) for kids..muy easy

Comment

My husband's family wants me to bring these every year at Christmas, they don't care if I bring anything else. Well, maybe some gifts.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Ruby,
        I've been making these cookies ever since I was a teenager.......a few years
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I made these for Maddie's BD party where the theme was 'A Formal Tea'. All the little girls had on long, silk dresses and tons of make-up, jewelry, high heels, gloves, hats, etc., and my older granddaughters, also dressed up, served them on little china tea sets. This was the last family gathing my Momma attended, and she loved it. Maddie loved the Peanut Butter Blossoms, so I'd made a big batch. A friend of my DIL had brought her baby girl AND her entire adult family, and they stood over the tray eating the cookies till they were gone! The only blot on an otherwise perfect little moment in time these cookies always remind me of.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X