new to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this

hi I am new and in desperate need of some help. I am 37 with 3 young children a 7 year old 4 year old and a 2 year old we love in Australia we moved from the UK 3 years ago and I have been drinking for as long as I can remember! Every day I get up and tell my self I will stop and on the way back from the school run I am in the bottle shop. i fall asleep most nights on the couch and I feel so ashamed of myself

new to this

Hi Gilbert and welcome, you have taken the first important step in recognising there is a problem and in finding MWO. This is a terrific community of people, many who have been in the same boat you find yourself now and come out the other side. May I suggest you start by downloading the book and reading it. It will help you to put in place a plan of action. Keep close to the boards, you will recieve non judgemental support and advice here. Take this one hour at a time if needs be, but it can be done.
    Keep safe
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

new to this

Hello, Gilbert and welcome. Trust me we all have been where you are (and I still am) but this is possible but not easy. One thing I sincerely believe is that we can only get sober for ourselves. You have to want sobriety for you. Your children, your spouse, your family/friends can help and be supportive but it remains your decision. You must want to be sober because YOU deserve it. We all deserve it but our thoughts keep telling us we are losers/drunks/unworthy, etc. so what we need to do is change our thought patterns. I hope you stick around and post because, Gilbert, you are worth it.

Comment

new to this

Hi Gilbert, its good to see you here.
        Like the others have said, the support here is amazing, it got and helps to keep me sober. It sounds as if you have lots going on in your life with 3 little ones so let us help with that strain a little.
        How are you doing today Gilbert?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

new to this

Hi Gilbert,
          How's it going today ? Any better ?
          You know you have quite a lot in common with our mate Ronnie. Why don't you pop in to the 'Next Day Thread'. There's loads from Australia there.
          Bridget
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

new to this

Hi Gilbert
            I totally understand where you are at, I came to Western Australia nearly two and a half years ago from the UK, and my drinking got worse since moving here, dont get me wrong I love it here but at the time I really missed my family and friends so I just took to the booze. You can get through this and if you like we can do it together I am 5 days A/F at the moment. Where in Oz are you, feel free to PM me at any time hon and hopefully we will see you in The Next Day Thread like Bridget mentioned. Hope to chat to you soon
            Love Ronnie xx
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

new to this

WOW,
              only 37 years old? You best get a handle on your drinking ASAP because at 52 years old, im here to tell you that the drinking only gets WORSE with age.

Like most of us in here, you have SO much to be sober for. Especially those 3 kids.

If you've really had enough of this life, than its really time to get busy and do something about it. You allready took the first step and admitted you need help, now its time to get some help before your my age and REALLY get far worse than you are now.

Being sober is a complete life changing experience and you should seek out other Alcoholics just like yourself and be part of their sober living too. Its not easy [ Beleive me ] and it takes alot of hard work and dedication when you first start out, but many drunks have overcome this terrible disease of Alcoholism, and you can too, but you really have to want to change in order to get sober.

Comment

Working...
              X