Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Temporary Non-Non-PC Zone?

Guys,
    What do you all think about the decision of 30K more troops to Afghanistan? We are at 100K now. I would seriously like to hear your thoughts!

For me, I don't know yet. I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt when we went into Iraq. I will so the same for Obama.

I'm lost as far as the military strategy. What I find most odd is the "more troops" followed by "bring them home.." by a date. It strikes me as politically trying to please everyone and maybe not having much at all to do with a military mission. Being from Illinois, I can tell you that Obama is not used to working with two actual political parties. There is only one party in Chicago. I wonder if that lack of experience dealing with two actual parties doesn't show through sometimes....

dg
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm a friend and supporter of Mortenson. He's a miracle to still be alive and moving forward with his vision.

So it saddens me to see the military upsurge. But I don't know what the folks in the circle know.

It's a very troubling situation.

Comment

Three Cups of Tea ? Home

Comment

Interesting comment Doggygirl. I think Obama's greatest weakness has been bending over backward to make two parties happy & I think it will be his downfall. I voted for him for what he stood for in the campaign & election not recent actions. Like I said I will give him benefit of the doubt for awhile. i am very troubled though.

Doggygirl;768896 wrote: I'm lost as far as the military strategy. What I find most odd is the "more troops" followed by "bring them home.." by a date. It strikes me as politically trying to please everyone and maybe not having much at all to do with a military mission. Being from Illinois, I can tell you that Obama is not used to working with two actual political parties. There is only one party in Chicago. I wonder if that lack of experience dealing with two actual parties doesn't show through sometimes....

dg

Comment

At least 10 people have recommneded Three Cups of Tea to me. Guess I shodl read it.

Comment

Working...
            X