Topa reactions --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topa reactions --

Has anyone quit taking Topa because it made them feel anxious, uncomfortable? I really can't describe the feeling -- it is kinda of like I felt when I tried pondimin for weight loss 10 years ago - luckily for me, it made be feel anxious,etc. so I did not take it very long. Well the Topa has a similar effect - I am only at 50 mg and feel somewhat like a crazy person especially in the afternoon. It does reduce cravings and appetite but I don't know if I can stand feeling this way. Yesterday, I was thinking okay only 10 more weeks of this. Although I have some brain fog and tingling, this is something different and I am sorry I can't be more descriptive. Any input will be appreciated!

Topa reactions --

I think the topa is very dose sensitive: i.e. some people may have certain side effects at 50mg and then it will even out at 75 or 100 mg. I did not do well at 150mg and improved at 200mg where I have stayed. Everyone seems to have slightly different side effects. I did not feel anxious but more "foggy" on certain doses. Hope this helps.:wings:

Comment

Topa reactions --

Hi Kat,

Sorry you went so long without getting a response to your original post!

I didn't get the sensation you're talking about. At least I don't think so, but then again I am used to having a lot of anxiety, so I might not have noticed. I also seem to tolerate most meds well. I am at 200 mg of topa now and the only real side effect I notice is tiredness, which sets in around 8 PM. I don't mind this so much because it helps me get a good night's sleep.

Have you been abstinent from alcohol? If so, how long? The sensation you are describing could possibly be related to a reduction in alcohol intake. (Just a thought.)

Does calms forte help with this?

Good luck to you,

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Topa reactions --

Dope-a-max

The topamax made me so dopey at 25 mg that I stopped taking it after 6 days, and it has taken me a week to get over it. Not only dopey, but also shaky, nauseated, no appetite, problems walking, problems talking, couldn't drive. I guess it affects everyone differently. I will say it definitely cut down the desire to drink, though!

Comment

Topa reactions --

What you're describing sounds like withdrawal. Had you just stopped drinking?

Comment

Topa reactions --

Topamax with Panic Disorder and Anxiety

Hi, :new:

I got lab results as follows: SGPT (ALT) 69 (Normal range is listed as 10-60).
            Also had a CT scan of the abdomen. Revealed the following: This is diffuse significant appearing fatty infiltration of the liver.

My stomach is swollen as well as on-going generalized body pain. I think I'm in trouble. I, of course, indicate to my Psych that "I drink beer on the weekends", afraid I would be taken off of Alprazolam and Seroquel.

Could I be a candidate for Topamax or is this going to affect my relationship with my Psch?

Comment

Topa reactions --

Topamax with Panic Disorder and Anxiety

Hi, :new:

(I think I initially replied to the wrong thread).... Sorry

I got lab results as follows: SGPT (ALT) 69 (Normal range is listed as 10-60).
              Also had a CT scan of the abdomen. Revealed the following: This is diffuse significant appearing fatty infiltration of the liver.

My stomach is swollen as well as on-going generalized body pain. I think I'm in trouble. I, of course, indicate to my Psych that "I drink beer on the weekends", afraid I would be taken off of Alprazolam and Seroquel.

Could I be a candidate for Topamax or is this going to affect my relationship with my Psch?

Comment

Working...
              X