Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, Sept. 30

Good Morning Lovely Muffins!!
    I feel like the Thread Starter Hog--sorry! Up early for soccer games--then I'm taking a looooongg walk..
    Let me tell you --yesterday I did something I KNOW is a big no-no trigger for me. I have been pretty good about this since late June...I have been really trying to stay away from sugar. Yesterday, however, I don't know what got into me---students were driving me nuts, and the hersheys kisses and chocolate seemed to be everywhere and I just kept eating it and eating it...ever do that?? Anyway--it wasn't pretty. I haven't eaten that much sugar in months. I felt it too--in my energy level..in my craving for wine...plus the fact that it was Friday night...just not a good combo. So.....needless to say, drank a glass too many...in the past it would have been quite a bit more (baby steps)...actually feel pretty good this morning (good enough to endure 3 hours out at the soccer fields) Anyway---I know that one of my Oct. goals will be to Limit the Sugar if not eliminate it. Maybe it was good that I ate all that sugar--as it reminded me that it's a no-no and this is about life changes and you know what---the chocolate really wasn't that good because it made me feel like crap.
    Love you all so very, very much!!! I just want you to know that!!!
    sm-mary

Saturday, Sept. 30

Ahhh!!!! Two threads started as once, which one to post to? Okay, I will do it here. Have missed you this week soccermom and Patti!!! I was starting to get a complex. Had the house to myself last night and tried to catch up on some new TV shows I had taped. They were all a big waste of time so I went to bed early. Oh well, it was nice to spend some time alone. I made the mistake of buying a box of wine yesterday which I swore I would never do again but it was a good brand for a good price. I did not overdo it and I feel fine this morning, but the problem is I have no idea how much I drank because you cannot tell from a box. I sipped my way through the night but I am sure it was more than was healthy. I will cling to the two AF days I had this week and plan some more for this week. I, too, have a soccer game to get to. So nice to not be hungover for that. You know what is interesting about you eating sugar and then craving wine is that I have the exact opposite reaction. If I do eat sugar the last thing I want is wine because it squelches the craving or something like that. Is that odd? Am I alone in this? Problem is I am not a sweet eater so I rarely try that to help cut down. When I was PG and not drinking I could not get enough of nanaimo bars (sweet enough to bring on a diabetic coma) and soon realized my body was craving the sugar it used to get from wine. Anyhow, hope you all have a great weekend as well and remember.....MODERATE!!!!!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Lush,

If you really want to measure your wine......8 ounces is one cup. So an 8 ounce glass of wine would be a really big glass of wine, almost two glasses but at least you could measure that way and know how much you had.

SM Mary, I'm still working on our little situation.... I think I'm going to be our guinea pig and take it tomorrow and see what happensuch: wish me luck.

Good Morning Patti, it's nice to see you.

Gotta work tonight so I won't see you all again today.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I love you guys!

You all have to get back over to "once upon a time" I think it's heating back up!!!!!!!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Problem is I lose track of keeping track which is why a bottle is a better thing for me. The good thing is that over the years I keep buying smaller and smaller wine glasses. Years ago I had one wine glass that was my favorite that literally could almost hold 3/4 a bottle of wine but then I would claim I only had one glass!!! Of the games we play. I believe Once Upon a Time is in the running for the longest thread ever............

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

I know what you mean I had a wine glass that I got from a festiable that was 24 oz wow! used to drink sneaky peeks (wine and sprite) out of it. MMMM...I miss that glass
          Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

24 ounces??? I have a water bottle that is 24 ounces. That must have been some glass! I literally almost cried the day mine broke. How pathetic...............

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

yes it was! tall and thin!
              Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Morning Everybody! I guess I survived the nightmare of last night...!

We had 2 servers on a Friday night... not good... 20 tables in the restaurant , plus a coffee counter, where people can eat, that seats 6. All for 2 girls to take care of!! FUN! :H ....NOT. Oh well, could've been worse. Didn't have to kill anyone. Lost some weight & made some $$!
                Hopefully we'll have a 3rd girl on tonight, someone's back was out last night & no one was available to cover. Just when I thought Fridays couldn't get any longer!!

Keeps me off of the streets I guess! HA! Needless to say,... I'm sooo lookin forward to tonight !!

Patti, great to see ya back!

Lush be careful with that box of wine!! I remember when I used to buy those... well( I sort of remember..) I guess you could pour some of it into a bottle & "ration" it that way... Good thing ya didn't invite me over after the night I had last night @ work!! Now , that could've been some trouble!!

SM Mary, enjoy the soccer game, hope it's warmer there. It's starting to feel like winter here. Whaa! I'm not ready for that at all!

Rachele, hey do want to pick up some extra shifts out here? We could use some more servers! The season doesn't seem to be ending!!

Everyone have a great weekend!! Love ya!... Hugs, Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Glad to see you all here!

Good morning mods, especially our new ones . . you have come to the right place!

Thanks so much for all your support, kind words and prayers, you ladies are so wonderful!

Seems there have been struggles this week but as SM Mary said, baby steps. That's what it is, that is what it takes.

Got home from the hospital about 12:30 Tuesday night then called one of my brother's who is a cross country driver and up all night driving anyway. So. . .at 2AM I was still awake running on nervous energy, had 3 calms forte earlier. . . nothing. I pulled out the scotch and had two double shots pretty back to back and by 2:30 was extremely buzzed and ready to sleep. Woke back up by 4:30 with the worst hangover. WOW, you know me ladies, I don't normally have more than a couple drinks in a week let alone 4 shots in half an hour. That was my reminder as I haven't been hungover since March 27th. Terrible, terrible feeling and beyond being totally over the edge with my dad's health I was so pi**ed off at myself on Wednesday.

I really LIKE waking up all clear headed and want to stay that way. Once again no time to exercise or listen to tapes etc.

Back down here today catching up. I have had so many wonderful new projects come through lately, I normally would be thrilled to have them all and wrap my head around all the designs, right now though, this trip to the hospital got to me and I have fallen apart. That last few months I held it together pretty well, I am working on being calm and decided this evening no matter what I would pull those CDs out and get calm again.

I love all you ladies so much and you really are doing very well!!
                  Have a great weekend:l :h
                  Mary

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Hey Mary
                    Dont be pissed at yourself. YOu were probably fed up with not being able to sleep etc. Gosh, you have been through an awful lot. We love you!
                    Hope everyone is well.
                    And yes, guys - I think the "Once upon a time" is revving back up so take a look!
                    Love you all
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Hi Mary!! Sorry I missed ya in my post!

Sorry to hear you're stressed, but not suprised. You've been thru so much ... still sending prayers your way...:h .
                      Hope you're feeling better Sweetie.

"My healthy choice today is to live these twenty four hours as a bright potential untarnished by yesterday..."
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Hi everyone! I am new here, as of this past Thursday.

Thursday was a day without, last night was not :-/

I do want to moderate, but wonder where to start...is it wise to start by abstaining for a set amount of time before?

And, I am taking it (?), that you all who are mods are checking in here for progress reports? Yay!

I will be unaffected by alcohol today and tomorrow, it's sort of mandatory b/c I had the opportunity to move my broker's test up to this coming Monday (it had been scheduled for the following). I'm cramming this weekend and cancelling all plans and hope to pass it the first time around. Sort of forced into moderating here at the first :-)

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Welcome Miss Dixie
                          BIG HUG
                          You've come to a great place!!!
                          Jen
                          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

Welcome from me too Miss Dixie!!

Mkr---We love you!! I'm thinking of you!
                            sm-mary

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 30

What a weird feeling to be home, alone, on a Saturday night! Not entirely a bad thing.

Other than studying, I've washed dishes, showered, done a couple of loads of laundry and wondered why my cat is such a freak :-)

I look around at my lovely home and it is a disaster. Two of my four bedrooms are such a mess I just shut doors and ignore. Two of them need painting and updating for a "tween" daughter that's growing up so fast!

I can't believe t his is my home now. What happened to any pride I had?

One of my least favorite things about hangovers is how hungry I am. I am STARVING. I've eaten about 3000 calories today! I have put on 70 pounds in the past 12 years. Between the fat and the messy house, I am keeping a lot of things and people away from me. (enough of my whining!)

Comment

Working...
                              X