?- L Glutimine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?- L Glutimine

I have used no drugs, supplements, or tapes.
    What I have done is owned up to drinking problem, I have told my adult children that I want to change my drinking habits. I have been accountable to myself(pride), changed my evening routines, and drank plenty of water during the day and walked the tread mill a little more. I have spent the vast part of my evening reading the threads and post on MWO; absorbing the wisdom of senior member and the frustration-saddness of the just starting out.

I am feeling very strong in my resolve to be AF for the majoity of my days .I have been modding and I have 20 AF days so far. I think however I would like to be able to have a social drink on occasion. This I believe, Roberta Jewel and Dr Garcia say some of us are able to do.

I haven't had that feeling that I want to have a drink for over two weeks.
    I have not been in a circumstance where I might choose to have one then one drink.
    I must admitt though that I am a little nervous about the weakness showing up again.

I have read that the L Glutumine works almost instantly to curb the craving for alcohol. What does instantly mean exactly.
    Is it plausable that L Glutimine would be effective if you only took it before a social drinking occasion such as when you are having guests for dinner.
    If I take L Glutimine can I look forward to not having the craving for a second ,third, or forth beer after I have started with one.
    Have to admitt I haven't read the book.

?- L Glutimine

Hi Wanna,
    Well done on your 20 day's af. That is a huge achievement to be proud of.
    Any optimism, positivity, happiness, or general good feeling you have from being af, is how i feel every day of my life, since i stopped drinking a little over 12 months ago.
    From what i have seen in my travel's, hardly anyone who has had a problem with alcohol, can moderate. It can be done, but unusual. But only you can find this out for yourself.
    I don't take supp's either, but from what i read, L-glut, is great for brain/body repair, for us. I take a version of it, for this reason, and exercise not for cravings, as i don't really get them anymore, but lot's of folk's say it help's.
    Regarding cravings when considering a drink, remember there is no magic pill. You'll still have to deal with your mental battles/cravings. You/we all, mustn't forget to work on our thinking.

Best wishes on your journey. Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

?- L Glutimine

Hi Wanna,

Great job on turning your life around.
      Here is some info on the benefits of L-Glut.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

?- L Glutimine

Guitarista, Thank you for your post and the information about how you use l-glut. It would be even more helpful if you included your personal experiences in attempting to moderate. Maybe you would want to complete the survey under the thread Long Term Success of Moderation to demonstrate the severity of a drinking problem that will not be likely to moderate. I believe we moderators have read the probably thousands of posts on this site from people who feel they cannot moderate. I guess overall, I have no clue regarding the severity of those thousands of drinking problems. I definitely think that past a certain point, there is no return, no chance of moderation. I just can't quite agree with your statement, "hardly anyone who has had a problem with alcohol, can moderate". That statement seems to deny the successful experiences of people who post regularly in this section. It doesn't seem respectful posting that in this section. You recognize that we each must go through our own learning curve, so thank you for that. We are here learning and improving our lives, just like you.

Wannabee, I have never met anyone on this site who had had the experience of RJ and Brenda in the MWO book, so your post makes me want to mention that. In their experience in the book, they you followed everything in the book, and they magically drank moderately. There are many people here who have gotten their lives back, most by elimating alchol but some also by learning to drink moderately. The learning is unique and individual, using many strategies described in this Long Term Mods section but not included in the MWO book. I still have my struggles with stopping - I usually have 3 (5 oz. servings) of wine, I wish I could stop at one. Most days I just don't start, and I'm fine, I mostly don't want to drink. The personal support from posting and Drink Tracker have been my two most helpful strategies. L-glut did not make a difference for me. So much of our drinking is in our head, our personal neurology and body chemistry.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

?- L Glutimine

No disrespect intended Sunbeam. I do put my foot in it sometimes.
          Best wishes to everyone on their respective journey's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

?- L Glutimine

Thanks for your replies in support of Modding
            If your personal story is that the severity of the problem is not a extreme, I agree that controls in alcohol consumption could largely be a mind game.
            Was just wondering in my above message whether the L Glutimine would help in controlling your intake(not wanting a second drink)
            I read a post of a man who said he just put one under his tongue before he had a drink and he didn`t want another. " A Magic Pill" This was perhaps all in his head. Right. Which is maybe all you need.
            A mind game-I don't really want a second drink, I am fine with just this one,I took an L glutimine tablet.
            Thanks, Dee Bee for the infor on the L Glutomine. I am going to start taking some today, just to see if I notice anything different.
            My thinking being if I started taking everything advised , how would I know which one it is that is working or is not working for me.
            I don`t want to just start putting things into my body randomly with out knowing its effect.

Comment

Working...
            X