X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday October 1st

Good Morning Absville,
    White rabbits...
    Feeling a lot better this morning, i feel like a fog has been lifted...Any other night it wouldnt have been half as bad...Saturdays Stink.
    I love Sundays though...Its a day to do everything in slow motion.
    Okay everyone i will be back in a bit ( i got to do some major creeping ) to Mrs Macks...I know shes glad i didnt drink though.
    Oh first of the month...usually a day we get lots of new residents in Absville...Looking forward to it.
    P.S. Nancy....did you make it?....Are you still in one piece?
    Love Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Sunday October 1st

boo! lol... happy oct 1 for all. had a rough one yesterday marcus being a butt, was bad enough... then house sold horray an up side! then grandma went into the hospital. i mean i know i live in floroda but do i need my own rollercoaster? i think someone call mickey to come pick it up please!

Comment

Sunday October 1st

oh and hey mackamus good job! you make me proud!

Comment

Sunday October 1st

LOL Mojo....Love the new avatar....Where has this year gone?....better start buying christmas prezzies...AAHHHHH
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday October 1st

i would like a ipod (lucky swears by hers) to take on my travels in london.what does every one else like to have?

Comment

Sunday October 1st

wonder if santa checks this site lol

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Mornin Guys, Readin, thinkin about everyone. Mack, glad you and mojo are here and feelin better I think. Happy Sunday to everyone. Smiles. Gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday October 1st

well ij ust got a call from daddy gradnma has some kind of infectoin. i called my aunt and i had forgotten this was the day last year my other grandma died.so iquess im am an ass.but noone bothered to call her .my family is all crazy. well hey you cant pick them right?...so im here by myself feeling bad for all of them... sigh

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Nope....their deal....not yours....so skip on by. gabbs
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday October 1st

thanks gabs..just needed to hear that

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Good morning,

October 1 already. Wow, how time flies. Isn't it amazing? And is it just me, or does it seem like the older you get, the faster it goes?

Time is such a strange thing when you think about it. Like how sssllllooowwwlllyyy it goes by when you are standing in a queue, or sitting in a hospital waiting room, or trying to sleep and can't. OR FIGHTING A CRAVING. It is like someone took a giant cosmic remote control and put it on slo-mo. I can hear my watch go "tick........................tock................. .................tick........................" That drives me INSANE. And it's like the slowness of the time is meant to prolong the agony of the craving. Maybe it's something the devil cooked up to make it that much more likely that we'll give in.

On the other hand, think how quickly the fun times go by. A day spent at the beach with your kids. A family Christmas. A date with someone you are really attracted to. It all goes by in the blink of an eye.

And then -- the years and the decades go by just like that. A lifetime seems like a moment, looking back. That's what makes it so important to me to take control now and live mine the way I want to, and not be controlled by alcohol. I've spent too much of my life making bad decisions because of alcohol. I've spent enough time dealing with shame and regret. I'm ready to fill the rest of my life with those good times and precious memories so that when I look back, there are things I can be proud of and things I can treasure.

Just my thoughts for this Sunday morning.

Macks, I'm so glad you are feeling better today. Good job making it through the night. I know how tough those times can be.

And Mojo, hope your grandma gets well soon.

As it is October 1, I will renew my hope that this will be my first AF calendar month in the program. I did great last month, but I want October to be "spotless."

Hey Gabbington!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Mike
                      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Sunday Morning

Boy it sure is nice to wake up and not have my calendar to answer to!! Yay! Of course, there's always lots to do, but I can do it at my own pace, and slip in a nice nap this afternoon, too. Today would also be a good day to start listening to the cd's again! It's definitely time for me to get back into an ABS routine, and I finally have the time to do it.

I'm glad you feel better about yourself this morning, Mack, and at least if you have some making up to do to Lisa, apologizing for getting tanked won't have to be part of it! You are a good husband and father, even if you were a bit of a bear yesterday, and not the cuddly teddy bear you usually are! I agree that Saturdays are hard. I find the whole weekend hard, actually!

Mojo, I'm glad that things are at least starting to make some sense for you, if nothing else, and congrats on the sale of your house. I hope now that they know what is wrong with your grandmother, they can begin to treat her and she will start getting better. Hang in there! I like your avatar, too!

Hey, Gabbs, just doing a little popping in here? Happy Sunday to you, love!

I hope that Nancy gets back home safe, sound and happy. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts today.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting started this morning. Kind of antsy, but having a hard time focusing my energy. I'd like to get some good things done today, though, so I'll have to find a way to get past my lack of focus. I've got so much paper to sort through and file, and so many OTHER THINGS that would be much more gratifying to do! Urgghh! Okay, on with it then!!

Love to you all!

Kathy:l

PS: Yes, Mike, I think it does go faster when you get older. Except on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when you want a drink! Tick....tock....tick....tock....
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Good Morning-

White rabbits? Can you explain? All I could think of was alice in wonderland...

I had a nice 11 hour nap last night so I'm behind today already - but it was a nice nap
                          mojo- sorry to hear about grandma - definitely don't worry about the other bit.
                          Gabby- I'm starting to form a 'skip on by' imagine in my head...right now it looks a little like that bunny rabbit macks has...anyone have an image for 'skip on by'?

But I digress....hope you all have a great day today. Anymore snow in Ak last night Mike? Do you have all your firewood ready?
                          Wish me luck on my Yom Kippur dinner tonight. Oh, my friend who is coming over for that said she wanted to make sausage balls as apps for the dinner - appaently this will not be a kosher yom kippur dinner
                          lisa

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Thats me through Sepember AF . Seems to be getting easier now .
                            Phil

Comment

Sunday October 1st

Is this our same Phil or another Phil?? I'm confused!!! If we have two Phils, I need to know! LOL! If this is another Phil, well, welcome aboard to you, Bounce!
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X