X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BELIEVE OR NOT: DEEP-FRIED BREADED SPAM

Breaded SPAM? Steaks
    By: jemini6782
    "I got this recipe from my boyfriend (being a guy, he eats anything fried). This is a good snack to make when you get the munchies. It can be made in any quantity you need."Rate and Reviewfasdfasd

Prep Time:
    10 MinCook Time:
    10 MinReady In:
    20 Min
    Servings (Help)
    US Metric Calculate
    Original Recipe Yield 9 slices
    Ingredients
    1 quart vegetable oil for frying 1 (12 ounce) can fully cooked luncheon meat (such as SPAM?), cut into 1/4 inch slices 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 eggs, beaten 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    Directions
    Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Gently press the luncheon meat slices into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the breaded luncheon meat slices onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
    Deep fry the luncheon meat a few slices at a time until hot and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate before serving.
    Footnotes
    Editor's Note The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used. Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 1103 | Total Fat: 67.9g | Cholesterol: 220mg

Nutritional Information
    Breaded SPAM? Steaks
    Servings Per Recipe: 3

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 1103

Total Fat: 67.9g
    Cholesterol: 220mg
    Sodium: 2746mg
    Total Carbs: 88.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.8g
    Protein: 34.2g
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

That's a LOT of fat! I'll have to try out this recipe. My husband's not a big fan of spam, and I grew up with it... broiled with pineapple on top just like ham. I don't mind the stuff at all.

I wonder what side dishes you would serve it with? Mango chutney?
    Kelly

Comment

Holy Moly!! 1103 calories per serving, and 89 carbs all at one time!!

I actually ate Spam growing up, too but haven't eaten it in years.

I think I'll pass on it for now but it does sound intriguing.

(A Korean friend used to fry up Spam with Cabbage and season it, it was a delicious meal.)

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

LOL Det
          Kelly

Comment

Determinator;775034 wrote:
            Perfect, Det!
            You could also call this recipe 'The Perfect Murder'. LOL
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

it would have been perfect save for all the greasy fingerprints......
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X