Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, October 2nd . . . already!

Greetings, All!

Welcome to a brand new week! I'm planning on starting this one a little bit differently than last one. I'm ending my 10-day cough syrup enhanced by wine run of madness and badness. Is my picture up in the MWO post office? I'm going to do a 3-day ABSTINENCE to clear out my system. Anyone want to join me?

:heart: E

Good morning lovely E.
    I will be joining. I am pretty sure I will also be joining the abs board (fora 30 day thingy at least) but dont tell anyone However, I am thinking of it as one day at a time..
    I wont leave this board regardless cause I stil think of myself as a long term moderator - I cant see myself abs forever..just need a breaky-break for while.....maybe (???) ugh...
    Love you all
    Morning muffins!
    Jenneh
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Oct. Mods...quick, quick post..as I'll be late to work again..
      goals..
      water...lots of it..doing good on that.
      exercise--4+ a week
      Limit/eliminate sugar (after last weeks hershey's kiss binge I know I will stay away)
      moderate with 2-3 glasses (almost typed 2-30 glasses per night...oops)
      Possibly AF later this week as the kids have several very late night events that there will be really NO reason for me to come home and do anything other than just go to bed.
      Love you all! Happy October!! Still 94 here!! TOO Hot.
      sm-mary

Comment

Hi Everyone, Can't believe it's October 2nd already, my baby is 17 today,I'm getting old,oh I guess she is too.Finally I feel like her mom is getting it together with this drinking thing.Thank God I found this website and topamax,working on getting some before I run out soon.Also working on letting go of the guilt that comes from all of this and wondering how much of your past and genetics willplay i n the future with your kids.Oh well just live in the present now things are good now.I geuss we can show our kids we're human we can pesevere, we love them and there our solutions.Thank you all for being here. No strict goals for October for alcohol, right now happy with couple of af days and 1-2 glasses wine when I do drink.Continue to work on the muffin,walk more, taking yoga course on thurs night(never would have done that before wouldn't have missed my drink) life is expanding.All have a wonderful day,working rest of the week will try to check in, can't access at work,love,Mare

Comment

Hi all... Allie here! I've been moderating pretty well, so I thought I would start hanging out here a bit more to feel encouraged to continue on the right track with all of you. I'm headed to Puerto Rico in the morning for six days, so I am a tad worried about how I will behave! Vacation and tiki bars everywhere might be a little tempting! But my husband will be with me to hopefully keep me on track, as well as a lot of business comrads. This is a business trip for him, but the company is paying for all the wives to go! (Yay). So I will be meeting lots of new people while there, and we "wives" get to play all day while the boys work. Gee isnt that a bummer? So I am planning for lots of fun things to do to stay busy in the sun besides sipping pina coladas. I have a rain forest trip scheduled for Wednesday morning and a full day snorkeling trip out to an island with a coral reef on Thursday. But I will have my hubby's laptop and the resort has internet, so I will check in often and will need encouragement I'm sure!!

So I'm off to pack and get read to go...

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

E, I am in for three days AF. Jen, if you do decide to go abs please don't forget us over here......Allie, I am SOOOOOOO jealous of your trip. You deserve it and I hope you have a ball. Becca, are you around today? Soccer mom where do you live that is 94 degrees??!!!! I would suffocate. Mare, sounds like you are doing well moderating. I just calculated my weekend total and it is more than it should have been. Need to stop the sipping all day. Bad, bad, bad. Happy Monday!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

After I did my 30-day abs, I had a miraculous loss of craving. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. I no longer feel the need to run for the bottle of chardonnay as soon as a hit the house. And I have myself down to wine with a very nice dinner. No wine at Express. No wine at Cindi's deli. Yes, wine with steak. Yes wine with--get this--dinner at the Cape Cod Room in Chicago, where I went with my husband over the weekend on a jaunt that has been fabulous and very, very happy. I must admit that I jump for that second glass, but I know that if I go into those other dangerous territories like walking in the door after work and grabbing the refrigerator door, it's either back on topa or abs. Doing the 30 days did it for me. I found out that it didn't scare me anymore. I am also exceedingly superstitious about my workout routine, as though if I miss even a day, I'm immediately in danger of being right back where I was. So I'm back to the mods board after spending Sept. in abs. Hi, all.

Comment

That is such an inspirational story fsophiah. I just cannot imagine doing 30 days right now so I am doing a few AF days a week and I am noticing small changes like you said; not tripping over myself to run to the refrigerator anymore, not thinking about it so incessantly, and frankly the wine I had this last weekend was just not even tasty. Welcome back to the mods board, we are glad to have you and your beautiful field of flowers!!!

Comment

Yup, I'm here, lush! Thanks for asking
                  Allie, good to see you here, you tiki babe! Have an amazing trip. I know you will be on best behavior. Just be on constant vigilent state all the time, but enjoy yourself. You know how.
                  Fsophia, awesome story! Keep up with the workouts and everything else that is working for you.
                  Waves, I saw your post about the drink tracker and how you are learning things about your weekend habits and the self sabotage stuff. Great job keeping track. Learn from it. Force yourself to take the supps, get over the hump, and get through those friday and saturday nights! You can do it!
                  Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your friendship. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by breaking up this friendship that is not good for you, but how difficult it must be. You are strong to do this, though. Especially at a point like this in your life, you don't need that kind of influence causing you more turmoil. Chin up:l . He'll realize what an awesome person he's losing as a friend he's losing if he's of any substance at all, and perhaps change his ways. If not, he's not worth it anyhow.
                  SM Mary, keep it under 30 glasses of wine a night, OK??:H Sounds like you are moderating to your specifications like a champ! Great job! How are the bedtime stories going?? We had soccer and football games this weekend too. All done sans hangover .
                  MKR, hanging in there as strong and as dignified as ever. Sending thoughts to you and your family.
                  Eustancia, hope you are feeling better!
                  Judie! Don't lose too much more weight! You sound like you are working too much!! Hope you are raking in the cash. Glad you turned down some shifts. Hope you and hubby are getting in some snuggle time.
                  Tawny, HI! still 3 a day? same old same old sounds good to me!
                  hmmmm..... Miss Dixie, Welcome!
                  Lush, oh Lushious Muffin, I'll catch you in chat to deal with your issues. hee hee hee hee!!!!! 3 pounds huh?? Nice job!
                  I'm missing people I think.... oh Laura! HI! Who else? everyone... HI!

OK, Me, I did OK on the fishing trip... Fair minus for a grade. OMG. No phone. No internet. No TV. Mother in law. Cold and rainy. Island the size of my yard. So I had no AF days. I moderated on the high side daily, and had one day where I overdid it because I started too early and went through a whole BIG bottle of wine from about 2:30 pm til 10:00pm. So much for my 5 a day! I sip, sip sipped my way through about twice that many. Massive headache in the morning and missed breakfast. That was my worst day drinking. No other days were that bad.
                  So I get no pats on the back, but I did not overdo it any other day. Beat myself up pretty good for that stunt. I was just SO BORED. Major trigger for me! It was too cold to fish for 2 days and I sat in that cabin and tried to knit for a while, then did a little beading craft with my son,... do dee do, knit again... tick tick tick!
                  Anyhow, we're back home now, and the schedule is back in full swing. I'll be AF today. I'm up to 150mg topa now and have never been that high. Will probably need some advice/support from those who are this high.

San Fran half marathon in 20 days!!!!

Take care everyone. Happy monday!

Comment

Hi Bec
                    I am at 150mg too - going up to 175 mg today. Its taken me since July 10th to get here. LOL - I am such a wimp!!!

Comment

Wow Becca, finally a lengthy posting from you. You have been missed. And yes, my numerous issues will have to be addressed in chat as they are too many to mention in writing. I am sorry the weather was so bum for your trip. We are heading up to our little Canadian cabin this weekend to close up for the season and I am sure it will be freezing up there too. Another half marathon? Good for you!! All right, back to work for me................

Comment

Mornin Everybody! R & R Day for me FINALLY!! Sitting here in my bathrobe w/a cup of green tea, life is good... Hopefully it'll warm up here later for some river action...

SM Mary, 94* sounds great! Where the FG-R-YA? Loved your story about mass!

Jen, you'd better not leave our "Mods" board... we will hunt ya down ya know!! We need you here... But the "Abs" board is nice & friendly too.

Rachele, I'm guessing you work a lot of weekends too...? Love your graphic work in "Once upon a Time"...

Miss Dixie, Hope you've already "aced" your test!

Eustacia, Are you feeling any better yet? And, nope... haven't seen your pic @ MWO PO.. YET!! Your Father in Law sounds like quite a Gem.

Mare, Happy B-day to your baby 17 yr old! Sounds like great healthy changes for ya for Oct. Great place we have here... :h

Allie, Great to see you!! Hey I've decided it's the least I can do to... to tag along & offer to help you out with moderating!! That way if we get into any trouble... we won't be alone. And if we run into any FUN... well, it'll be a lot more FUN with the both of us!! What do you think? Can I bring my doggie & kayak? :H They're both well behaved!! And of course my kayak has a cooler in it!! Been working too much & ready to quit a job!! HA!!

Actually been thinking about Baja, lately... Hmmmm...
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Oh whoops Hi to anyone I might've missed! Welcome back to Miss Becca!! Hi Lush! MKR, How are ya? Patti, Laura, Mary Ann, ... I'm soo bad at this ... love to everyone.. :l Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi all!! Sounds like most everyone had a good weekend. My goal for the weekend was to be AF. Unfortunately, I forgot that Sunday was daughter's 20th birthday (haven't seen her since she was 8), so by 8:00pm on Saturday, I was ripped. I did, however, stay AF on Friday and Sunday, so I guess that's something.
                            Three days AF this week? I'm up for it. That would be a never-before-accomplished thing on my part.
                            :teeter:

Comment

To everyone who says that I had better not leave the mods board:
                              No one could tear me away from here! I would miss you all too much!
                              Besides I am waaaay too obsessive for that! Just kidding
                              I love you guys
                              Hugs
                              Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X