Librium Now - What to Do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went for a visit to a councellor and told her what i had been drinking
    ( roughly 3 bottles of wine a day for 5 days - yesterday i opted for an alcohol taper and had 61/2 beers over 12 hours nothing today since midnight last night )
    She told me to go straight to the Docs for some librium But i feel relativley ok - What to do ?
    Last time i went to Accident and emergency ( Years Ago ) they treated me like a criminal
    How much danger would i be in ? I haven't slept in 2 days

Charlie boy, can you get to your GP, mine gave me Librium and I did a very successful home detox, the librium really helps with the withdrawals .......... take care and keep us informed.

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Charlie Boy,

Ring the doctor now. I did a similar de-tox to Betty, but I was prescribed diazepam (valium).

Look at how we're doing now.

J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

does everyone go thru withdrawls and at what point do they start?

Comment

Hi again Hangin'
          I'm not an expert, can only speak from my own experience. I have gone cold turkey several times. The last couple of times I have been taking sleeping pills and an anti-depressant to help my stay calm. And I take them together at bed time. I the past whenever I stopped drinking I never had withdrawal symptoms BUT I wasn't drinking all day long and I think that may have something to do with it. I never, ever took a drink in the morning or afternoon and always started around 8:45pm and then by 10 or so I would have drank 2/3 bottle of 40% alcohol drink. That's a lot in a relatively short period of time. The only thing I used to get was "wormies" in my midriff area when "witching hour" was approaching. I have read that it takes 3 days for your body to detox from alcohol. I also read that withdrawal without medical assistance can be deadly.(That for Charlie Boy)
          Stirly
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks for your advice Better head off to Accident and Emergency to get treated like a Nazi

Comment

Charlie,

Big please let us know how you get on. Tell them that you've been sent by your alcohol counsellor.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

J x
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hangin - other than feeling anxious/depressed, I don't think I've ever experienced physical withdrawals... which is odd since I drank the hard stuff. (Seems like most here drink either wine or beer.)

Charlie - I often recommend Advil PM for insomnia. I like it because you wake up w/out that "drugged" feeling that prescription sleeping pills can leave you with... Plus, it takes away a headache at same time...

But, one way or the other, you need to sleep. It can be dangerous if you go too long... can even bring on psychosis.

Hope all goes well at Nazi headquarters.
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

It isn't quite time for the good withdrawals to kick in. But they will very soon. I agree with others here that you get the Librium, and if possible... Clonidine to help with your blood pressure. I'm surprised they aren't more "with it".
                  Kelly

Comment

Hi Guys Thanks for your posts - The Doc at the hospital asked what i expected him to do and said that they don't dispense Librium ( which is not true ). He Checked my BP and Heart Rytyms and said i was A ok.
                    which is fine by me because I feel the mist has parted and the worst is behind me withdrawal wise.
                    I can handle the way i feel just now - Sleep would be nice I've got some Calms, don't think we have advil pv in the uk thanks Savon19. Thanks Guys

Comment

Hang in there Charlie!
                      Hope you get some sleep soon. What about something like chamomile tea? That might help.
                      Stirly
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Charlie,
                        Glad you are getting though this ok. Sounds like you are through the worst. If you can, I would avoid advil because it's not good for the liver, or at least I've been told.
                        You've made it to day 3 - the worst is over, I hope for you. Sleep well and I look forward to hearing how you feel in the morning.
                        Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                        AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Charlie, Benadryl has the same active ingredient as Advil PM- i.e. diphenhydramine

S

Comment

Got sleep last night thank God -feel really tired today ( good Sign )
                            Half way through day 2 - so we can all keep encouraging each other - You know what it's like still shaking inside - the guilt is coming on strong - the disappointment and hurt in your loved ones- the sneaky knowing looks from work collegues - and the loss of face / dignity - Only time will help - SOBER time - I'm glad we can all support each other.

Comment

:goodjob: Charlie,

Keep it going. Believe me it does get better.

Make staying sober your 1st priority, the you can deal with the guilt issues.

Stay strong.

J x
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X