Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Wants to Do It???

Okay now folks!

How do we want to run Absville??? As of mid October, Gabby will be pretty busy and won't be able to perform Mayoral duties in the fine manner that she has been doing, due to an increased work schedule and her lovely, but demanding younguns!!

I am a supporter of the Mayor for the week plan, but Gabby thinks that people can do shorter stints of a few days each. I am fine with this, but I'm not going to volunteer to keep the schedule!!! If anyone knows how to work the Yahoo.groups schedule, we can organize a schedule there and sign up. I know it is there, but I don't know how to set it up or work it!! If anyone does, I think it would be a great tool.

I don't want to voluteer for Mayor until I have had at least two weeks of abs. Also I have so stuff coming up with my ex that could potentially drive me to drink, so I will be needing your support more than ever, because I sure don't want to drink about HIM!! But that is a whole OTHER story!!

Let us know what you all think, members of ABSVILLE!!!

Kathy

Also, three cheers for Gabby for being so devoted
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Who Wants to Do It???

WELL?????:h :h :h

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

Hummmm.....good post Kath. I think they are thinking. Ya think? gabbs
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

I'd like to nominate macks barb and mike.....they can work out the dates

I love to delegate.

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

I would be happy to serve as mayor either for a few days at a time or for a week at a time -- either way is fine with me. However, I don't know how to manage the Yahoo calendar either, so if someone else knows how to set it up, go for it! Otherwise just tell me which days I'm mayor and I will put them on my own schedule!! I guess it would be easier for me to keep track of if I knew I had a certain week rather than a few days here and there but if someone wants to volunteer to set up the schedule and we can all access it, that would be fine too.

I must say, I think we operate better as a community because of this mayoral system. The fact that we are organized (loosely though it may be) keeps us on track, gets us started each day, gives us a topic, and makes people more likely to read and post on a regular basis. I think it makes the forum more interesting. Plus the whole idea of Abbsville as a town, with its houses and salon and hotel and mayor, just goes to show how imaginitive this group is!

Anyway, count me in ~ I'm available weekdays, weekends. The only time that would be difficult for me would be starting October 26, as I have an out-of-town guest coming to visit.

Mike
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

well it is still early in the morning but i think if we know mike can do it for a few days till we get it worked out ....that would be fine with me.Im sure we can fiqure the yahoo group thing out, or perhaps we can put a calender in our absville. why not? im sure we have us a compruter wizard in here somewhere.per haps the beinging of each month(of a few days before )we can start the calender and you guys can start picking the days you are avalible. just a thought. whatcha think?

oh and gabby you rock . job well done.

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

mojo....do u know how ta do a calender thing?
              Lisa just now reminded me how bad I suck at delegating. So I'm gonna practice on you. heehee

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

This week is horrible for me. How about I take it for a week starting next Monday (following Monday would be better)? I will post before I go to bed to try and straighten out the world time thing. As for the calendar, I may be able to figure it out later - just not right now.

Let me know what I can do.

Barb

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

I could probably figure out the yahoo groups calendar. Let me look.
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

That is what we do Barb is post at night before we go to bed so its there for the Brits and Aussies too. Good Morning to you... : )

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

Created a MWO Yahoo group site

OK I have created a MWO Group Yahoo site - complete with calendar. See if you can get into it okay....hope that works!
                      Jenhttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MWO/cal
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

whew! thanks Jen! I was about to ask if we had a helpdesk

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

Don't have time to check it out right now, but you're a love, Jen! Thanks!

Love to all that are volunteering and thinking about volunteering, as well!!!

XOXOX

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

How to reply to a private e-mail

Hi there: When you are replying to a private e-mail, I could only do it once this morning! What's the trick to keep e-mailing back and forth?

Help!

Comment

Who Wants to Do It???

Hi,

What's the job description, not sure what's all involved.
                              Thanks Spacie

Comment

Working...
                              X