X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Oh Muffins,
    Wanna laugh this morning?

I do believe the 150mg topa has dopa'd me. Or I'm dopa to begin with. I asked my hubby last night "do you think this is just a Becca moment, or a dopa?" He is still unsure.... here goes!

We were watching monday night football last night. Packers vs. Eagles. Pregame was on and they were showing this very touching story of this Make a Wish kid who adored the Eagles, wanted to be a coach for a day, the Eagles made his dream come true and drove him out to Philidelphia where he got to meet all his favorite players, play catch with McNabb, etc, etc. Eagles bus, Eagles hats, Eagles jerseys, yada yada.

So the game starts. The teams take the fields as well as the mascots for the teams. Now, I did manage to stiffle this most stupendous of comments before it escaped my lips, but right on the tip of my tongue was the very confused quandry......

"What's up with the giant CHICKEN???"

A ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!:H :H

I was gonna just keep it to myself, but it's too good! Hubby was very impressed... "OMG Becca..."

I do have some other stuff to talk about, but I'll save it for later. Gotta go to work, and thought I'd share my chicken story! Hubby out of town for 3 days. Want to stay very very good while he's gone. Was not AF last night (hence then "other stuff" I need to talk about later.... don't worry, I'm ok, but do want to talk). I had 1 1/2 glasses fruity wine mixed with crystal lite fruit punch! Little fruity concoction. Maybe that's why I was so dumb.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

Tues. Oct. 3rd

cluck!

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Becca,I love it!!!
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Good Morning!

Welcome Preciouspinot and Miss Dixie:welcome:

It's so nice to see everyone here......Let see can we name all our muffins for October?

Rachele, Becca, Miss Dixie, Preciouspinot, Mojo, Tawny, Lush, Mary Anne, MKR Mary, Soccer Mom Mary, Jenneh, Laura, Judie, Gypsi, fsophiah. Allie, Mary8305, Eustacia, Hundi, Waves, Patti, Lane, Trish, dilayne,

Sorry if I missed you......that's a lot of modin' broads!

Okay......I've been slackin' on the water so today. I'm going to drink lot of water and measure it Mary.

I'm going to take my medication!

I can't commit to Moderation for the month but I can for the day.

Today.....no wine.
        If I have a drink I will measure one shot in each one NOT 1 1/2 !!!!!!
        I will not have more than three one shot drinks
        That is moderation for me believe it or not.

I love you all:l
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

I just want to say Good Morning! Love you all..Oh..and I'm from Texas where it's supposed to be a balmy 93 degrees today..I've got the electric bills to prove it!
          sm-mary!

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Morning all! Was AF last night and shockingly had a good sleep. The last two weeks I have done AF during the week I have slept like crap. Maybe my body is actually getting the idea of this new routine?? I hope so. Tonight will be another AF night and hopefully tomorrow night as well and then we head off for the weekend to close up our cabin for the season. Boo Hoo!!! I will never look at that place the same without envisioning a flying bus, Mad Dog 20/20, Jenneh and her pom poms, Pedro, etc. I will, however, not be eating muffins all weekend long. Sorry. Becca, your story was very akin to Jessica Simpson on her silly show wanting to know why they call Starkist Tuna Chicken of the Sea and is it tuna or it is chicken? I will chalk it up to the topa!!!

Hope all of those who have not posted in a while are okay. And I hope you all achieve whatever goal you have set out for yourself today. Remember, water, water, water!!!! Hugs to all!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Good Morning Mods! This is the largest Mods group I have seen since joining on March 27th.

The Universe told me:
              _________
              Asking "how" is pure, unadulterated, low energy, health zapping, fun squeezing, party-pooping doubt.

Oh! So sorry! You said, "Wow!" My mistake...

As you were -
              ***** The Universe

so I am trying to follow this . . . I have been totally overwhelmed at work thanks to asking the Universe to bring me great projects. Thinking I am going to have to put some off for a month or more, I hear from my part time guy yesterday that he has a long fall weekend break and would be happy to give me a bunch of hours. Also hoping to pull in a land home development group. . . really cool work, don't know if it will happen and will just have to trust if it is to be, then it's mine. GUESS WE SHOULDN'T ASK HOW!

Becca, you are too funny!

Judie, today is your day off . . .yes?

Rachele, good on the water thing. You have been doing very well, I think. committing day to day then week to week is a wonderful plan.

Soccermom Mary, I loved the mass, pick a person and make it one of us! You are too cute!!

Jenneh, hang in there, we will miss you if you go to abs, but I know you will come visit us.

Allie, I know you are feeling the wonderful warmth of Puerto Rico.

Sophia, so glad to see you back here.

Lush dear, glad to see you doing your plan. Maybe bottles are better than boxes heh? Good for you! I usually sleep much better without alcohol. Although if I do most of my water in the evening, I am up at night. Can seem to go back to sleep right away.

Eustacia, you are in my thoughts and prayers, I know you are going through a very rough time right now. wonderful story about your FIL.

Mary 8305, what is the 8305 significance if we can ask?

Waves 2 - you are quite creative with the start of that story. I will have to get back over there when time permits!

Laura, 40 is not bad at all! I have enjoyed every age as it has come along. Still if someone offered me my eighteen year old body back with the wisdom of today . . what would I do with that?!!! WOW!

Patti, Dilayne and Trish,where are you?

Precious, Miss Dixie, Mojo, Tawny, Gypsi and Hundi - you are all coming aboard for October? That is wonderful!! Welcome!

I rode the bike for 30 minutes last night. Been awhile so I only got in 11 miles. Drank a bunch of water and was AF. If i can manage that most nights in October, I will be happy about that plan.

Balloon Fiesta starts this weekend and it is one of the really cool things about fall here in NM. some of those balloons have been coming right over the house early morning. when they fire the burners the dogs go nuts . . I LOVE IT though! Riding in them is quite a treat also!

Have a great day all!

Hugs and love,
              Mary

PS: If I missed anyone I am sorry about that.

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Good morning all, hope you are having an excellent day!
                I was able to stay AF last night, although it was hard. Monday Night Football is a huge trigger for me. All those years of going to the bar to watch the game. I tried to watch it at home, but it woke up that stupid little demon, and of course she immediately started screaming at me, "Let's go to the bar and watch the game. I wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna, go right now! "
                I beat her though - ran for the tub, took a bath and crawled into bed. Read for a bit while waiting for the sleeping pills to kick in, then went to sleep. Felt pretty good this a.m., too. I beat that b*tch, at least for one day

I was in Barnes & Noble the other day, and I found a book called - "Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul" Has anyone else stumbled across this little gem? It's got great daily inspirations in it. Here's the ones for today -

"A humble person dismisses nothing, recognizing that whatever life presents needs to be respected. Inside even the smallest things there is often enormity. Being humble does not require you to give of yourself indiscriminately. Have the wisdom to know the value of your inner resources and to give accordingly."
                Brahma Kumaris

And also -
                "By maintaining an attitude of love and regard for every soul, you create a life filled with dignity and purpose."
                Brahma Kumaris

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm gonna go out and try to enjoy the balmy 23 degree weather we're having today! :no:
                :teeter:

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Yahhhhhh Gypsi!!!!!! Good for you. Aren't you feeling proud of yourself this morning? I, too, was white knuckling it for some dumb reason last night and went and bought a bottle of wine but then kept remembering how disappointed I would be in myself so it is still sitting unopened. I have said this before but if you can make it a habit to even go 1-2 days AF a week it soon becomes a habit; the habit I know I need. Job well done. We certainly have muffins on opposite sides of the weather spectrum. Mary has 93 degrees and you have 23? I guess I won't complain about our 53 today..............

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Mornin Everybody!:l Just a quik note to say HI! I'm off work today...YEAH:H ...But I've gotta run into town, getting things in order to decorate the Fire Hall for Mom & Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party this weekend! We're throwing a big bash with live music & the works! :h I'll check in later... Hope everyone is having a great day! .....Hugs, Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Thanks, Lush, for the cheerleader rah-rah's! I've got 2 days this week under my belt, trying for a third today. We'll see how it works; my biggest problem is that I get sooooo bored in the evenings, with hubby working 3-11pm. That's usually how I end up at the bar, just looking for social interaction (and of course drinking). And even though I know that chat is here, I crave the face-to-face interaction, plus chat doesn't seem to work real well on the Firefox Browser.

Eh, I'll figure it out -
                      g

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

My hubby works the same schedule so I completely understand...................it seems like a good idea at night but then morning comes and I hate myself.........

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Yeah, and that ole hating oneself sure does get old, don't it?

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Hi you Marvelous Muffins! I just lost a post...boo hoo. Sorry I've been MIA..I guess I've been disconnecting from technology a bit lately..between my new work schedule (11-5:30) and my husband and my decision to get rid of cable and cut out T.V....my habits are changing...a good thing I think..instead I've done more yoga and am taking better care of myself and my home when I'm not working, and not spending as much time at the computer.

Becca..good giggle! Mary, thanks for your inspiration from the universe! I've recently committed not to take on anymore freelance work (graphic design) so that I can focus on my fine art..I guess it's time for me to ask the universe for co-operation. I've decided to try sell some of my lesser important paintings on Ebay and hoping to get in a nice gallery at Chateau Elan (a winery and spa in Georgia) this year. They are making their selections for 2007 this month...wish me luck. I've only shown in small local art shows and a few juried shows, so it's about time I took the next step.

I'm staying pretty moderate since going off the topamax a month ago...feeling a little shaky right now..it's that one week before my period and the marital stuff is still in my face...we are doing well though..so I just have to have patience and keep in touch with YOU!

Jude, the 50th anniversary party sounds wonderful! Have fun!

Lush, you sound great! Hey to everyone else!

Gotta run..have a great day! Di

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Good for you Dilayne for forging ahead with what you are passionate about. I wish I could figure out how to do my passion but still be my own boss. You will do well based on the paintings I have seen on your website. Now, don't get so busy you start ignoring your computer and us. Not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X