Failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure?

After a spectacularly undignified display of drunken behaviour at a function on Sat night I decided to go alcohol free for October. Well ha ha. I teach French (ha ha again) at a difficult school and was so stessed out that I bought a bottle of white and a mini of red (250ml) on the way home. The white is currently hitting the spot. I am appalled at my lack of resolve.... Have I burnt my boats?? Your thoughts please, you like:new: - minded peoplex

Failure?

Don't beat yourself up Battie. We all have been there and/or are still going through struggles like you are. I am aiming for moderating and have found that making small changes, i.e., going one day a week without a drink for a month, then the next month go two days a week, etc., is easier to do and before you know it you are doing it without thinking about it so much. I have fallen many times and overindulged after I said I would not but there are many positive things coming out of this program and staying in touch with people here. You can do it!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Failure?

Thanks Lush, just what i needed to hear....

Comment

Failure?

Hi Battie, Just because you got off the bus for awhile doesnt mean you cant get back on, there's always a seat there for you.

Good Luck from Irishlady xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Failure?

Good Advice Irishlady
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Failure?

if we all quit when this happened the place would be empty... try again tommorow

Comment

Failure?

Whenever I "slip" I try to learn from it...what triggered it....how I felt etc. The fact that you bought the wine and then posted here is great!!! We've all been there and done that.. Tomorrow you'll drive right by the liquor store without stopping.

Comment

Working...
              X