Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to stay sober for two days to start Campral

:new:

Hello everyone. I just joined MWO about an hour ago and have been trying to find out a way to get live help. My doctor prescribed Campral and told me not to drink for two days before starting to take. Today is my first day trying not to drink and I am climbing the walls for want of a cocktail. I am desperate to stop drinking and am very scared. What to do?

Hi PJ--:welcome:
    So glad you are here--good for you for posting. What helped me was non stop reading on this site--it just helped to not feel so alone.

I also didn't let myself out of the house for fear I would go pick something up. What helped (s) me is having lots of tantalizing eating and drinking choices around to choose from. I allso brushed my teeth alot and rested and slept.

Try to put off the craving with a distraction or comfort one moment at a time. If I can do this, anyone can--I am not very self-disciplined!

Keep posting, PJ--stay close!
    :hOpenheart
    "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Oh--you asked about getting live help--there is a way to instant message, but I have never done it--maybe someone more experienced can help and IM with you? I'm open to it, just am a IM neophyte.
      "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

In addition to what Openheart suggests, short bursts of exercise - even a 5 minute walk around the block, can help distract you and burn off a little nervous energy. If the weather's too bad to go outside, do some type of indoor exercise. Even clean your house, clean a long neglected drawer, go after any long put off neglected chores. If you cook, try new recipes, wash the dishes afterwards. I spent my first few AF nights doing this.

There is live chat here - click on it the blue bar at the top of the page. On the main page, it shows at the bottom if anyone's in there - if not, start a thread in Need Help ASAP section asking if anyone is available.

The first few days are the hardest - but sticking with it was the best thing I ever did. Best of luck and much love to you.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

PJ - you already got good advice.

Just wanted to add: DON'T BUY ANY & DON'T GO OUT TO DRINK.

If I have it in the house... it Will be drunk.

You can do it!! Good luck - maybe I'll see you on chat.
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

PJ,
            I say just go for it!!
            I'm using the Campral.
            I detoxed at home and started the Campral on day one.
            I had NO problems from doing that!!

You have came to a great place and sounds like you are starting the battle well armed.
            Keep posting and reading.
            Come into Chat we love to meet new people!!!
            Go to upper left click "Live Chat".
            You will be welcome !!!
            And then we can "walk" you through some of the tricks of chat

MUCH LOVE and Peace

Bob

Comment

Hey how are you doing? I started with campral day 1, and it helped a lot. I don't get why they want you to wait 2 days. I also had the help of valium, though, which I only needed on day 2. I am not AF, but I have many Af days and have not binged since nov. 30.
              I don't think there's any harm in campral now but I'm not a doctor. Let us know how you are doing and I did start 2 campral threads in the meds section if you want to find them.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
              X