Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 24th...It's a Good Morning Muffin!

Hey!
    I just was typing this LONG post for this morning and POOF! hit the wrong button (maybe Shift then F1 instead of 1??? does that delete everything?? DAMMIT!
    GRRR! I still owe you guys more info from yesterday, and owe everyone more of a personal talkin' to, and now I gotta get to work. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! OK, I'll have to find time after soccer tonight to post lots.
    I was good last night. Less than 1 1/2 gl. wine with hubby out of town. water after. topa kicking at 150mg. Feeling pretty good!

The "It's a Good morning muffin" thing... I was trying to think of a good muffin flavor and was having a brain block (surprise, surprise!), so I got on Food Network and searched "muffins" (and giggled), and found an Emeril recipe for the "it's a good morning muffin". It has carrot, raisin, coconut, granny smith apples, pecans... it sounded very very tantalizing! I'll try it and let you guys know. How perfect for us though, huh? Good morning muffins????

May all your mornings be GOOD!!

Wed Oct 4

Well, good morning my lovely mod muffins
    How are you all!?
    Bec - I hate when I am typing a super long, eloquent and brilliant message and then - poof - the computer erases that! I swear - all of my most brilliant messages disappear that way.... Anyways, glad you are doing well on the topa this time, my dear. You are not experiencing any of the topa side effects from last time? That is GREAT news! Sounds like you are doing an AWESOME job moderating too :happy:
    Rachel - you are soo funny - I swear you make me split my side laughing from the pictures you put up on these posts. Thank you for that. You can always cheer me up. I hope you are having a great morning.
    Lusc - thanks for your PM this morning thinking of me. You are soo thoughtful and I love you :l
    Hundi – I think your dream is extremely interesting and telling. You are an awesome addition to this group – and by the way, your baby Pedro was priceless.. Thanks for the great laugh.
    Tawny – Thanks for looking out for me with the PM the other night when I was not feeling so happy. You are a doll. How are ya today?
    Mojo – How are you my dear friend?? I looked for you on chat a couple of times yesterday at work but didn’t see you.
    Mary Anne – those are gorgeous pics of your horses. Thanks for sharing. How are you doing today??
    Miss Dixie - hope you are having a fantastic morning! I agree with you - I think we SHOULD re open Kanga's contest - that was waaay too much fun. Either that or we need to start regular ones around here
    Precious – hello, our dear banana nut muffin! How are you today? Hope you are fantastic. So glad to have you with us! I know we haven’t had a banana nut muffin before! 
    MKR Mary – Ooh, Balloon Fiesta sounds fun! I could bring my pom poms and join ya…but I guess I would have to get there from Canada…..oh well, just think about me then….
    Soccer Mom Mary – I didn’t know you lived in Texas! Wow, it’s hot there eh!!? Can you share some of that heat? It’s cold and rainy here Hope you’re great today too, lovely!
    Laura – great goals for this month! How are you feeling being off of the topa?
    Jude – I hope your mom and dad’s 50th anniversary party is fantastic – though I know with you planning it, it should be great!!!!
    Gypsi – good job on beating that “little demon” on Monday night football night. I know it’s hard. Bet you felt great Tuesday. Great job!
    Fsophiah - you are such an inspiration to me on the 30 day abs. It makes me feel so positive that you say that you have had a real decrease in cravings after that. Please keep us updated ok? Welcome back! Hugs!
    Allie-kins – I just know you are having fun on vacation right now! And I am so jealous. But you deserve it. So enjoy it and tell us all kinds of stories when you get back!
    Mary8305 - HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER! And Yes, her Mom IS getting the drinking thing under control! AND YAY about getting the topa! Have you started taking it yet?? Hooray!
    E- Where are you, you wonderful lady? I miss hearing from you?? I hope you are ok. Message me anytime, ok?
    Pinkmilk – I know its scary to think about abs – alcohol becomes so much a part of our lives that even one night seems impossible, but trust me it gets easier. Stick by us. When I started, I NEVER did even one night. NEVER. Then I slowly did maybe one, then two nights a week AF. Then I was regularly doing 2 and 3 days a week AF. Now I am on day 4 AF (actually I have moved over to the abs board). Trust me, you can do this. Stick with us. Baby steps. Okay? You have nothing to be afraid of. You have all the support in the world here. HUG!!
    Waves – I know you said you wouldn’t probably be back on these boards until Friday but hope you are well!
    Patti – Hey Patti, haven’t seen ya post in a few days. Hope you are well! (By the way, I used to have a favorite HUGE wine glass too and it was tall and thin as well. I wonder if it was anything like yours???)
    Lane – Hey you, you still around? Haven’t seen you post in a while. Hope you are ok.
    Trish – Hey you - I notice you are saying you are going through a low energy thing. You know, I am finding that too. So if I find anything that helps with that I will let you know about it, ok and if you could do the same that would be great! Hope you are making some time for you, given your hectic schedule!
    Dilayne – good work on the yoga and lifestyle stuff. Make sure you stay around though. I am glad you are feeling good and moderating well. Hugs!
    Ivy – I, like you, have to be realistic about buying alcohol – if I buy the wine, I will drink it. Period. There is no way around that. So good for you for realizing that! Hope you are good today.

Well, I am now exhausted. There are sooo many of us but I really wanted to address all of you lovelies. So there.
    Love all
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Morning Mods!

Most, including those who love you most, have absolutely no idea of how much they depend upon you to follow your dreams.

But they do.

You go -
      ***** The Universe

Thanks Jen, that was wonderful of you to address each of us! There were maybe on 7 of us in June so I feel quite happy that RJ and MWO is making such a huge difference to so many people's lives!

Balloon Fiesta starts on this Saturday morning and runs through to the evening of 15th. It is incredibly beautiful. Precious, I live in a small village just outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Cool thing is we live on a bluff and can see the balloon field from our porch. When lucky, the mass accession "box" turns them towards our little village. I look out my office window to the soccer field next door and many balloons land there. Kind of free for all as balloonists from all over the world come for this event. Last year there was something like 10,000 extra people in ABQ. I was suppose to help with the parking for my Kiwanis club but am so burned out I did not sign up this time around. tough to do that field stuff with my brace on but they were going to put me in a booth. They pay the Kiwanis clubs to help with the chaos. I feel a bit guilty but am so burned out I gotta let the retirees do that stuff this year. My turn some other time.

Was AF last night, did not ride the bike as I came home late feeling a bit like I am fighting some nasty bug. Took a luxurious herbal bath and pampered myself instead. All the way down to painting my toenails!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, you seem to be sticking to your plans for the most part!

Yes come on out to New Mexico and bring your pom poms!

Hugs and Love,
      Mary

PS: Jen and Ivy, NOT having the rum and the cokes around the house has made this so much easier for me. Just about everything else can sit around and never dial my number. Try not buying it for a bit of time and see how you feel about it.

Comment

Good morning muffins,

I am going to try that Good Morning Muffin, sounds yummy!, Becca great job on 1.5 glass. I got in late last night, so it was easier to go AF then usual.

Jenneh, Great job on the post. I am going to try to get one of those in this week. It is great feeling to be acknowledged by my friends out here. I am in a good space and would like to share that with others as well. 4 Days AF, wow. I'm not sure I have done that yet?

Getting a late start out the door, we all got to sleep in. It's Parent Teacher Conference Day. I get to see how Fidget and the Talker is doing.

Hugs,
        Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Mary, where you live just sounds amazing. I wish you would take pictures of the balloons and post them here.......
          Jen, this being AF has left you with too much energy. I cannot believe how well you addressed everyone.
          Becca, short posts from you are not allowed anymore. No excuses that your computer ate it.

I was not AF last night for no other reason than a really stressful day and I was wound too tight. I could have done it if I did not have the wine in my house but I did dammit. Gotta stop that.

We leave in the morning for the weekend to close up our cabin so I will not be around again until Monday. I will miss you all and do my best to moderate. It is tough up there when I am sitting in front of the fire with a good book but I will try. Have a good weekend all!!! Hugs!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Laura, 4 days??? That is awesome!!!!! You must feel so good.

Comment

Mary,
              You and I posted at the same time. I was on the grown in the middle of a balloon launch a few years ago and found it to be a very spiritual experience. One of my personal goals is to get to Reno one day to see the lift off there.

Have a great day,

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Hello Muffins,
                Not AF last night..I think I drank 4 glasses of wine! PMS! Really gotta get back with the program..hold on, I'm going to take my supps right now...OK, done! I had one glass of chardonnay and the rest was Pinot Noir...if it had been chardonnay, it would have been more and I would have a hangover.

Regarding energy level..the topamax really effected that with me. I think the walking really helps counter that. Since going off of it, I've definitely enjoyed a return to my energy..this weekend I spent a lot of time in the yard and am hoping to get in the garden this weekend..I could hardly muster up the energy to do any of that while I was on the topa..there were other factors as well, but it was one of the side effects that I found the most disturbing.

Gotta get some work done! Have a lovely day!
                d

Comment

Morning Ya'll! Well Jenneh, I'm sure glad you've addressed everyone...
                  Wonderfully written, I might add...
                  Now I can just say "Ditto!!"

:H and thank you!
                  Boy, I'm tired now, just reading your post!

Becca that is soo frustrating loosing a post like that! I do it ALL TOO often!

My Mom gave me a piece of myrtlewood she wants me to woodburn a little quote for my Dad, for their anniversary.
                  Here's the quote...

"We've been thru a lot together,
                  and most of it was your fault."

Kinda sweet huh? Ha Ha! You'd have to know my folks... Actually I really believe it's Mom's fault...(that they've been thru a lot) she's the one that's put up with it!) I didn't mention that... but I'm sure she knows! Obviously they're still in love, after 50 years together! That's pretty amazing...
                  They're still pretty cute!:l

Well, everybody have a great day! I've got to get busy with all these projects! Hugs, Judie
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Judie, Can you make me one to give to my husband for Christmas? That is very funny, but true in our case!

Comment

Mkr, When I lived in Telluride, they have a balloon fest as well. One year it was at the same time as the Hang gliding fest. I was fortunate to get a ride in a balloon & go for a tandem hanglide flight that same afternoon! Talk about "gettin high!"

Comment

Sure, Lush! Consider it ordered!

Comment

Although I prefer to woodburn eagles, or wolves, or lighthouses...but those catchy little phrases do "sell!":H

Comment

Muffins and Chicken Soup? Quite the menu...

Mornin' Muffins!

Chicken Soup for today -

Today I will surround myself with people who care about me. I take deep satisfaction in knowing there are people in my life I can turn to. I, too, can be a friend. I can give support and nurturing to others without becoming responsible for their lives. In the past, I avoided friendships because they became too painful, too demanding. I expected too much of myself and I expected too much of others. I now realize that I no longer need to isolate myself from friendship. I cannot solve the problems of my friends, and they cannot solve mine. But we can give each other support, we can listen, we can care for each other. Friendship and recovery go hand in hand.
                            - Rokelle Lerner

And -
                            A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.

- Arnold Glasgow

Eh, didn't make it AF last night. Couldn't figure out why, but all of a sudden yesterday I became SO ANGRY!! No triggers that I could figure out, it was like all of a sudden, this huge ball of anger dropped into my lap! Prolly has to do with having more days AF then I ever have before. I can tell that I am much more emotional lately. Not drownin' the emotes with beer as much as I used to. Messy business -

Today's Chicken Soup is interesting. Since starting this program, I can count on 2 fingers the number of friends that I have. Sad in a way, yet in another way, not so sad. It's good to find out who your friends are, and mine were obviously only there for the drinkin'. Yay for all of you guys, you're my lifeline lately :yay:

Hope you're all having an excellent day. MKR, I'm jealous; a Balloon Fiesta? All I have to look forward to dropping out of the sky today is snowflakes :yuk:
                            Please get pictures and post them.

:teeter:

Comment

Gypsi,

I just looked at your ten day forcast uch: no fun........we'll be here to keep you busy! Thanks for posting chicken soup. I love chicken soup and muffins

Mkr Mary, I hope you get to feeling better soon:h

Judie, you should post some pictures of your work, I would love to see it!

Jenneh, you're sweet, thank you:l and congratulations on your abstinence!

Becca, sorry about your post, how frustrating......I have an idea. If you are going to make it a long post, write it on something like microsoft word and make sure you save it. Then you can just copy and paste it when you are ready......if you loose it all you have to do is copy and paste it again. You can delete it from your computer once you've made sure it has posted!

Happy Hump day!
                              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X