Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, Oct. 5

Good Morning Awesome Friends,
    Some things I've noticed on topa at 150 (which I've been at for a while)
    I had $10 I needed to return to someone...I didn't...I think I threw it away.
    I had 2 huge boxes of fruit snacks I was going to bring to school..can't find them..I think I threw them away.
    The good thing: I too am getting to the "wine is yuk." like you becca...not enough to stop..but enough to stop at 2 glasses. Also...it's all better than those hell hangovers.
    I ate ice cream last night...not in my goals!! ELIMINATE sugar..it's not good for me.
    Allie--PR sounds like heaven and you sound like you are doing great with mods.
    Mary Anne--your horses are beautiful.
    I know I am not going to be able to address everyone personally this morning..you know me and my hectic mornings...ahhh!! but....E...how I'm thinking of you...listen..when my mom had BC--and we don't know that you do, right?? ..just some complications...?? the doctor had the NERVE to tell her when she was contemplating mastectomy, "look, it's just your breast." Oh, how we howled (when he left the room...how I wish we said it to his face!) What if it were you Doctor and it were "Just your penis we had to remove!"
    You are in my prayers!! My daughter and I are doing Race for the Cure when it getst to Dallas on October 21st.
    Happy Thursday to you: Molly, Mare, Mkr,Laura (how's the arm?), Trish, Rachele, Becca, Jen, Dilayne, Judie, Gypsi,..I hope I'm not forgetting anyone...I love you all..you are my strength...always..especially when it comes to chocolate and wine...oh..and Molly--I'd be a Double Cheeseburger Muffin.
    I love you all.
    sm-mary

Thursday, Oct. 5

Clarification:

....okay enough to stop at 2 glasses most of the time

sm-mary

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Good Morning!

Mary,

I laughed out loud when I read that your threw away the $10 and the snacks:H still laughing!

Okay.......I'm at 150 mgs of the cheap topa too. It seems to be working the same, heck I don't know

I am moderating okay. I do get a really killer craving once in awhile but still able to stop at 3 - 4 almost always now and I expect that to get even better as I dose up. I hope someday to not want to even have that first one to begin with.

I read somewhere on this board awhile back that someone said they lost their desire to drink all together. That's what I would really like to have happen! Just for the desire to disapper and to be okay with that. To have a glass of wine and sip on it and be happy with that

Okay.....I have to get off here. My Dad is coming tomorrow, just for the day.
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Hello Lovely Ladies
        well, day 5 for me AF. It's true. I feel a bit dizzy. This is the longest I have EVER EVER done. I am at 175 mg of topa and honestly honestly, I am not having any real cravings at all. I swear it guys. Hubby and I went shopping last night and I was looking at the wine rack and I purposely thought about a glass of wine (I guess I was testing myself - yup, its that self-torture thing we all just LOOVE to do to ourselves right) but you know what - i totally wasen't bothered at all. It's a miracle. I can't believe it. Sure, I am a little bored at night which is why I do things like post ridiculous messages online, kill pedro (although Allie revived him! grr ) and torture my kitten (poor thing) but I seem to be OK!!!!
        I cant believe it.
        I am nervous about the weekend though.
        I love u all.
        I am done talking about me.
        You know, I HAVE somewhat been craving beer lately though. JUst a little. Nothing spectacular. Odd.
        Love Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Good morning again from PR!
          Soccermom, you crack me up. You sound like me when I'm NOT on topa!

Okay, confession time. I was bad last night. This is really hard being here with free drinks at every turn. My husband is having to work a lot.... meetings, etc. So he was exhausted last night and went to bed at 9:00. I'm thinkin..... I am in PR, and I am not going to bed at nine. So I took a long run on the beach, which was great. But then I had to walk through the lobby and there was about 50 people at the bar having a great time. So all these people were calling me over because I had met so many of them at the cocktail party earlier (nother story), and so I went and sat down. Need I say more? I woke up this morning and my head feels like crap, its raining outside and my husband already left for a meeting. I have until Sunday afternoon to deal with these free drinks, etc. So I'll be honest if you guys will be nice! LOL! Honestly, I do fine when I'm at home. But they have the best pina coladas I have ever had. Seriously. They should be arrested. And so should Pedro.... if I can find him!

Okay, enough said. Break out the handcuffs.

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

okay, i'm never going to google handcuffs or sausages again!:eeks:

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Allie, you will not get yelled at by me, but don't ruin one day of your paradise with a hangover!!! Good for you going for a run!!! And Jen I don't know what to say to you except big time congrats. Five days is amazing. You sound like you are in a good mindset to be AF right now so this weekend should not be that hard. We are off for our weekend away. Much needed R&R. To the rest of you lovely muffins have a great weekend!!! And Laura, I cracked up at all you are throwing away.......
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Thanks Lush... I really didnt want to go to muffin jail. Imagine... I just about dropped my laptop over the balcony rail! I can only "imagine" what you must have encountered with "handcuffs and sausages". Why were you googling sausages? Speaking of that, Pedro has a lot of kids here. Lush, I will find the right one though. Until then, I am going on an "iguana" hunt. Seriously... they walk around here like stray cats. They are so funny! It is very overcast and occasionally raining, but I am going to go walk around and take pics, and look for iguanas.

Check in later!
                Allie
                What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Allie,

Check out Hundi's, "I had a dream" right below this in Monthyly Moderation. It's a real hoot!

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Allie, we would never judge ya.
                    We love you.
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Hello to all!!
                      Soccermom your topa dopa story had me cracking up!

Jenneh awesome with 5 days AF woohoo!

Imagine sounds like you're doing great as well..

Allie PR sounds like a blast and in the scope of things last night doesn't sound bad...I can't even imagine the running on the beach part!

Lush...nice to see you again , as always

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday...was crazy busy, and so is today. Right now I'm gearing up to fire someone. I really hate this part of my job! Got through my get together at my house ok but, now I face a gala tonight with cocktail reception and a concert to follow...it was $500 a ticket so I can just imagine the amount of temtation I am going to be faced with..
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Good Morning Mods!

Love the chicken soup quote. Absolutely love those books to start. Thanks!

Eustacia, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best of health, may this just be a scare. I am so sorry and know we are here for you.

Allie dear, in the islands they do make the BEST Pina Coladas, you are right. They also make excellent VIRGIN pina coladas. I won a trip from a networking group to Cancun, all expense paid - all the free food and free drinks that you want. So I understand completely. I was the one on the other side of it, biz people and meetings to deal with all but one day. Probably better for me but rather a drag to watch the spouses and not get to join in that fun!! Awesome that you went for a run on the beach! I know in the end you will do what is right for you and enjoy yourself no matter! Have a great time!!

Soccermom Mary - you are too funny!! I am not even on topa and not really drinking in the evenings, this morning, could not find my glasses, my keys, the little black shoes I wanted . . . it's amazing I got out of the house fully dressed!

Jenneh, I am so proud of you. Yes there comes a point in time where the drink count of AF or some gets weighed heavy enough that the AF feels more like what you want to do. Then the AF becomes the habit and the alcohol really sort of loses it's former appeal. That does NOT mean I am ready to buy rum and cokes though and have them around to "test" myself. I would find Allie's situation really hard at this point in my drink counter!

Rachele, hang in, you are doing wonderfully!!

I had a dream thread . . .very cute ladies!

Judie, I know you are going to make your mom and dad's anniversary so nice!! Good Luck with all of that!

Laura, your kids sound so cute!! My oldest just picked up the ring for his girlfriend yesterday. . .he wants to wait a couple weeks to take her to 10,000 Waves for a romantic weekend . . . Where does the time go??!!

My part timer is coming in a few to help me get through these deadlines so I really need to run.

Hugs and Love to all of you!
                        Mary

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Chicken Soup and Pina Coladas

Good Morning, lovely muffins!!

Chicken Soup for today -

Your recovering journey may require some U-turns along the way, but there is a plan, a destiny that awaits you.
                          Do not question your destiny, do not ask "why me?"
                          Be proud of who you are, walk with courage and your head up high. Believe in yourself and focus on the positive, for every step along the way will become a solid foundation for your future.
                          -Stacey Chillemi

And-

Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks on great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.
                          -Cicero

I really like the part where it says to walk with courage. I think it kinda describes what all of us are doing here. It reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz" movie when Dorothy picks up the Cowardly Lion and they all start down the path singing, "Follow the yellow brick road..." Lion is scared to death, eyes closed, yet he walks with courage.

With that being said, even though I am not the Great and Powerful Oz, allow me to bestow upon all of us, whether mods or abstainers or not-there-yets, this wonderful badge of courage that Cowardly Lion was so generous to loan me -

Wear it proudly, muffins

Attached files [img]/converted_files/144618=78-attachment.jpg[/img]
                          :teeter:

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Awwww :thanks: Gypsi!

Comment

Thursday, Oct. 5

Hi Everyone! Not doing so great this week...I've had dreams the last two nights that feel like they are warning me to stay conscious about the 'A'..I've been allowing myself too much leeway with it lately, telling myself that it's ok because of this or that...dragging my a$$ on getting back on the All One..and remembering my supps only half the time. I am ajusting to a new schedule and some other stuff, so don't want to come down too hard on myself..I will do the CDs tonight! PMSing big time..

When I was on the Top..I did get to a poing where I could totally take the wine or leave it, I know I can get back to that place..I've spent much more time abstaining in my life than I have actually drinking!

Take care today everyone!
                              d

Comment

Working...
                              X