Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm using fitness to help me kick Al to the curb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!

Well I've always been one who likes to try to stay fit,even if it doesn't happen as often as it should.But when I exercise and get active I find that I generally start to feel better about myself and thus other positive things happen as a roll-on effect.

So, I've been thinking that I will use this to my advantage. I shall focus on my fitness and in so doing, un-focus on drinking!

I am replacing the negative habit of drinking AL with this positive habit of getting fit!Am hoping my diet will improve also!

So today I am Af..Day 1. Played with the kids at the park,but not much else as I am sore from doing too much/too soon yesterday. But I much prefer this soreness than the hangover or sore head.

That's it for now,
    Chook

So true Chook. Great move. Best wishes with it. Whatever it takes to get our lives back.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Chook. Just wanted to give you encouragement about your exercise program. My own exercise program was a part of turning my life around from that of a drunk to that of a more normally functioning human. (well, I can't drink like a normie but I can go to the gym like one!!!)

I totally agree that I'd rather be sore from doing to much at the gym than from doing too much at the bar.

All the best to you,

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the support folks!

Took the puppy for a walk this morning,was a little more sedate than usual on account of my thighs still screaming in protesst at me..but atleast I went. Just in time to see the sunrise and get all that lovely fresh air without another soul around..just me and 'Dusty'!

Trying to drink lots of water and stay on track today.Not sure about more exercise today as I am still recovering,but will see how I go.

I feel positive...I can do this!
        Chook

Comment

Sinus infection has taken hold and flatened me today.Called in sick to work, crawled into bed and slept for about 6 hours! Feeling hugely better now and started antibiotics for it. Good thing is this is even more incentive not to drink! Only thing is it does make exercise a wee bit painful. Still, I shall go for a walk in the morning and see how I go after that!

Drinking lots of water and trying to eat some fruit too!
          Chook

Comment

Well I've lost about .1kg (lol) but atleast it's a loss and not a gain!
            Plan to do my Wii fit today,too hot for any outside activity right now!
            Feeling generally better for the extra physical activity in my life and the lack of Al, this is about Day 4 or 5 now and so my head is starting to feel less foggy! Yay!
            The Wii fit is quite fun and also funny how it tells you off if you don't get on frequently..it gives me a chuckle!

Chook

Comment

Working...
            X