Living with fear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living with fear.

I am new on here. Just came upon the site this morning. I am so afraid drinking has dogged my life. I don't drink eveyday but when I do I can't stop and then I get verbally abusive and turn into a vile person. . Feel really afraid I will never overcome this. Want to get on this programme but am a bit affraid about taking the medication. Would like to hear from anybody who knows what the fear feels like and overcoming it .

Living with fear.

Why not get registered and join us??

I know what you mean about the fear. I am afraid of what the booze is doing to my life, but I am also afraid of what it will mean to my life to get rid of it. You can overcome this once you make the decision to do so. It may be that you need to quit drinking; it may be that you have to limit yourself. Whatever works for you is right.

There are some wonderful people on here who can help you. Some people use meds, some do not. I do not. I use some of the supplements but had a bad digestinal reaction so weeded out the ones that didn't work. The CDs have been the key for me - we need to change the way we think before we can get the results we want, and the CDs just speed that up. I quit for six weeks until my birthday a month ago; now I am starting again and shooting for the end of November. I'm on Day five and I don't miss it. The thought of a weekend without scotch or beer a year ago would have freaked me out, but I am now looking forward to all of the stuff I am going to get done.

My goal is ultimate moderation, but I can't do that until I get rid of the all-or-nothing attitude about booze. I, too, can take it or leave it, even though I did drink almost everyday.

Register (it's not scary, really), read the posts, look at some of the research and think about what could help you. There's a lot of support on this site (better than any I have ever been a part of) if you choose to partake of it. Start a thread on the "getting started" section and you will be surprised at how much support you will get!!

Comment

Working...
    X