is Roberta Jewell among us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been wondering this and finally decided to just ask. I read her book a couple of years ago and am really interested to know how she is doing. It was her book that first turned me on to Topomax (which helped for awhile) but eventually it built up in my system and stopped working. Anyway, I would love to hear how she is doing.
    ~HP

Very Good Question........

Comment

I would like to know too.

Comment

She hasn't posted since October but I'm sure she checks in when she can.

Hope she is well :l
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I think she owes us a post
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I know she monitors the site and bans members who casue problems, which has happened once since I have been here. I also know some senior members have a way to get in touch with here in case someone posts a suicidal note. But, that's all
            "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I have never seen a post from her. She is like the Wizard of Oz.
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

You can look her up in members list to see her old posts. She posts on the subs forum sometimes but is very much here......maybe behind the curtain.........but always here with us.

She might not post much but is the reason we have found each other.

Thank you RJ :l
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

interesting

-Deleted-

Comment

RJ isn't here that much, as her life has changed a lot since the time she started MWO. I don't know all of the details, but I know that she is very busy with other things as well as trying to stay in touch periodically here on the site. I think this is a loss to our membership--to not have her here more. It has been a while since she has posted in subscribers', as well.

On the other hand, I think that the site is doing well, and many of us have made good friendships that sustain us. We are doing pretty well as an online community. I have been here for over 4 years, and even when RJ was on more, she still wasn't a really frequent poster.

I hope that helps.
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Deleted
                      Why on earth would we want to do such 'homework?'

Maybe she has better things to do now - she created MWO years ago, and maybe she has since moved on. We can be happy she lets the community continue with the help of moderators whether she decides to be around or not.

I don't think where she lives is anything to do with us.

Comment

"We the people" are the core of MWO.....not RJ.
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Checking in...

Hi, gang.

I'm here, but very much in the background these days. When I established this forum nearly five years ago, my goal was to create a self-sustaining online community to support people in recovery. As you old-timers know, I was very much involved early on and it required a tremendous investment of time and other resources.

I am simply unable, at this point in my life and career, to dedicate the same amount of energy to this forum. Like you, I have a job, kids, and many commitments. It's no reflection of my interest in this community or the people who participate. It's life. I?m sure those of you with the same personality traits (perfectionist, controlling, workaholic) have come to understand how important it is to let go, find balance, and focus on your health as you work on overcoming your alcohol dependence.

We now have a forum of nearly 12,000 members, with over 1,000 people coming to visit each day. I am deeply moved every time I visit the board and see the generous spirit shown by so many of you who reach out to others in need of help. Thank you for that. It?s really what this place is about?not me, or my life, or my personal journey. I remain diligent in my efforts to stay sober (I am now abstinent), and I don?t think I would have gotten here without the choices this program offers. I encourage everyone to take from MWO what is useful to them, and to lean on others for help. The support of family and friends is important. The support of others who suffer with the same disease is critical.

As a side note, I would ask that each of you respect our members? privacy?whether me, or anyone else. Nothing is gained by exposing another?s name, location, or personal communications. We have worked very hard to ensure that everyone is protected in this regard.

A belated Happy New Year to each of you.

In health,

RJ
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

shirazgirl;794120 wrote: I have never seen a post from her. She is like the Wizard of Oz.
                            I had to chuckle when I read that because it's so true!! She is like the Wizard of Oz.
                            I would love to see her on Oprah or somewhere talking about what a great site she has and how this place has helped thousands and thousands of people. But from what I gather she prefers to be fairly anonymous and private. So, more power to her for that decision as well.

Her baby is up and running (beyond the walking stage now) and those of us who post frequently or stay a long time spend a lot of personal time here helping others as well.

It's a great place and I for one am also thankful RJ started this site. It's ok she doesn't post often as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of others sharing her message.

:l
                            :h
                            Eve11
                            Addendum: I either didn't see RJ's above post or we posted at the same time with her a few seconds ahead of me. Anyway, glad the question was answered for folks and her rationale certainly makes sense to me. Onward and upward!!
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for posting Roberta, lovely to hear from you and your rational makes perfect sense.
                              I have to say that I for one will be eternally grateful for what you have created here. It is truly life changing for so many people. Best wishes for the future.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X