New member needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member needs help!

:new: My husband and I have been drinking over a fifth of vodka each every night for 5+ years, before that we were on crack for 3 years and went to rehab. Didn't work. Thankfully, we found God and got delivered. We moved to the country where I have no family or friends and now all we do is drink. I have made it five days! The first 2 I was in bed sick from drinking so much but the 3rd day was better, wanted a drink but didn't even though my husband started at 4:00 and was passed out by 7:00, but I did not sleep at all that night. 4th day I was so tired and sleepy and I didn't even think about drinking, until I got in the bed and again laid there all night! Today I am so tired, I would do anything for a drink! Fortunately, my husband decided to quit and has no liquor in the house, but he is so ill! I desperately need some encouragement and info on how long am I going to feel this way? :upset:
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

New member needs help!

Gosh, I would say please be careful. Withdrawal from alcohol can cause a lot of serious health issues like seizures. I've had seizures on 3 different occasions and always on the 3rd day after I quit drinking. Can you go to a MD to get medication to prevent the seizures should they happen or maybe your husband should think about quitting over a period of time rather than cold turkey.
    Good luck. There are so many people here on this site who can offer you support and advice. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Comment

Working...
    X